Having thought about the question of how and how to insulate the house, be sure to pay attention to the MDVP plates. This material has the following advantages and characteristics:
- Created from natural fibers of coniferous trees, environmentally friendly, harmless to the environment and people. In some cases, manufacturers add paraffin emulsion and polyurethane-based resin in small proportions, however, such additives do not affect the harmlessness of MDVP..
- The material allows you to solve several problems at once: to provide heat and sound insulation, as well as to protect from the wind. In terms of thermal insulation, 200 millimeters of MDVP are comparable to 2,000 millimeters of brickwork. The sound absorption coefficient of a material with a thickness of 12 millimeters is 23 dB. The calculated coefficient of thermal conductivity is 0.038-0.044 W / m · K, depending on the density of the slab.
- Soft fibreboards make it easy to level the walls without the long and messy plastering process.
- MDVP lightweight, elastic, but strong and durable, can last up to 50 years.
- The installation of MDVP is simple and similar to the process of insulation with other plate wall materials..
MDVP boards are produced with a straight edge, tongue-groove system or step. Thickness is usually between 8 and 60 millimeters, with 12 and 25 millimeters being the most popular. Dimensions can be 2500×600, 2700×1200, 1900×600, 2500×750 millimeters.
MDVP plates are used in such cases:
- Insulation and sound insulation of walls outside or inside the house, including partitions.
- As a subfloor or screed.
- For roof insulation, as an interlayer between the rafters.
Depending on the field of application, you should choose the type of MDVP – for outdoor use, for example. For insulation of the roof, plates with a straight edge are used, which are stacked close, for the floor it is better to choose a thorn-groove system. It is possible to insulate MDVP both wooden houses and buildings made of bricks and aerated concrete, as well as frame frames.
On the domestic market, there are four manufacturers of MDWP: Beltermo, Isoplaat, Sofbord and Steico. The cost of the plates will be very different – from 450 to 1900 rubles, depending on the size, thickness, manufacturer, purpose.
There are also disadvantages to soft fiber boards. For example, you can buy a fake, low quality material, and then after two or three winters your insulation inside will look like in the photo above, that is, it will simply stratify.
MDWP is not a load-bearing material, when you put it between the rafters – do not step, protect from strong impacts and pressure of the snow cover.
It is possible to install MDVP outside the house only in dry weather; during storage and transportation, the material also needs protection from moisture. On the front, the insulation is protected with a layer of plaster and siding. Inside the house – they are also plastered or sewn up with plasterboard in the partition. Under the roof – hidden under tiles, slate, other materials.