Of course, today it will not be difficult to find a company that will organize your move from “A to Z” and even pack your personal belongings. If you are very busy and have absolutely no time to move, then do so – find professionals. However, such complex services often cost a lot, and many simply do not trust strangers to collect their belongings. Therefore, usually only a truck is hired, perhaps a couple of movers, and all other work falls on the shoulders of the owners. We will give useful advice to them..
- Try to stretch the crossing if possible. For example, a young couple with a child transported all things from one rented apartment to another in their own car, slowly and without stress in three weeks. At the same time, they both worked on weekdays. Yes, they did not have their own bulky furniture, corner sofas and wardrobes. But there were a lot of other things, accumulated over the years of life in one place. Last of all, they transported those items that they used every day, including dishes, and first of all, winter things (this happened in the summer). A gradual move allows you to act without haste and all hands-on work, to plan everything every day. Minus – it will take a long time to live in a “suitcase mood”.
- Think about it, maybe some old furniture is not worth carrying with you? Or maybe some items just won’t fit in a new apartment? Take measurements, including the ways of approach, and suddenly your chic sideboard simply does not pass through the doorway of your new home. Moving can be called a reason to arrange a sale and get rid of unnecessary items. You will even be surprised how much unnecessary was stored in your mezzanine, do not drag this stuff with you!
- Take care of packing materials, all kinds of boxes, bubble wrap, bags, scotch tape, Styrofoam sheets in advance. Organize items into categories. If clothes can be simply folded into bags – the maximum is remembered – then the dishes need reliable protection. You can wrap a valuable service in your own clothes, soft sweaters, for example. Or use bubble wrap to wrap every fragile item. Convenient and foam balls with which you can fill the dishes.
- Be sure to sign every box and bag! Simple notes, preferably on both sides of the box, so as not to twirl, will help you to navigate much faster what to put – in the kitchen, closer to the wardrobe or in the nursery. Another example – the family decided on a thorough move from Yakutia to the Krasnodar Territory. We packed everything, sold some of the furniture, ordered a container to deliver all the things by rail. We went by car ourselves. Until the container arrived, the hostess simply forgot what she was putting where, and there were no inscriptions on the boxes. I had to unpack everything at once, in search of the dishes and summer shoes, which were urgently needed right now. It is better to make the inscriptions detailed – “Seryozha’s winter clothes”, for example.
- It is better to remove handles and other parts from furniture that may fall off on the road, break, catch on something. Fold such fittings in one box so as not to get confused, it is better to screw the handles neatly in a new place than to repair furniture.
- Do not try to fit a lot of objects into a large box. It can just fall apart under such weight, and it will be difficult to endure. Better several relatively small boxes than one huge – this is the main principle of packaging.
- To protect upholstered furniture, it is better to use old blankets or fabric covers than sheeting. It tears easily, and you don’t need stains on light upholstery or torn shreds from a leather sofa or armchair.
- If you ask your friends and acquaintances to help with the move, then at least take care of the presence of cold water or tea in a thermos (depending on what time of year you move). Sandwiches also do not hurt, of course, because the process can take a whole day..
- Experts advise to protect door slopes, floors and walls while moving things to a new apartment. The movement in the apartment will be very intense, if you have a light brand new laminate, cover it with something non-slip while moving boxes and other items.
- Plan the transportation of oversized items separately. If you have a piano, and even more so a grand piano, you should contact professional loaders. It will be difficult to transport, for example, a heavy safe or a massive hot tub.
Moving is, of course, difficult, but this is a new stage in your life, changes that are usually made for the better. Clear planning, consistent implementation of plans will help you move quickly and easily settle in a new place.