When carrying out repairs, the question arises where to start?
First of all, you should live a little in a new apartment. This is due to the fact that you will know more clearly what and where of the furniture should be, and what needs to be done to achieve comfort. Do not forget that the apartment has such things as a vacuum cleaner, a sewing machine, jars of jam, all this needs to be stored somewhere (here you need to remember all oversized items) and, therefore, you need to make or buy cabinets for them.
First, let’s try to imagine how the layout of the apartment will look like.
Let’s measure the dimensions of each of the rooms, and then, take a piece of paper in a box and draw a room on a scale (view from the top) along with doors and windows. Then we measure the furniture, and also draw on a scale on another sheet of paper. We write words on them: wardrobe, bed, table, etc. We cut out all this with scissors, and put it on a drawing with the dimensions of the room..
Without spending physical effort, “arrange” conditional furniture on a sheet of paper.
(This can be done on a campaign, but you need a good program, and you still need to deal with it).
Moving furniture on a piece of paper, we more clearly imagine the future room. Do not forget about the width of the aisles to the doors, do not leave them too narrow.
Next, you should decide on the design. This already applies to the taste of each owner, and then decide what you want to do and how much to keep within. Based on this, you can look after the necessary materials in stores..
Where to begin?
You need to start with the dirtiest work, and think over the order of their implementation in such a way that you do not have to do them again.
These works will include: leveling concrete floors, replacing and laying new electrical wiring, installing hidden sockets, leveling walls, replacing heating devices, installing doors and windows, as well as all work in which you need to gouge something or cover with mortar.
1. You can start with an electrician. Decide where you need to install additional sockets, and make wire connections for them, but do not install the sockets themselves and do not connect them to the shield. It is advisable to install more outlets in the kitchen (TV, receiver, kitchen unit, microwave oven, refrigerator, gas stove, extractor hood, washing machine …). (The washing machine is connected with a three-wire cable). All this wiring must be carried out with a thicker wire, depending on the load, and connected with an additional wire to the electrical panel. In the corridor, you also need to provide sockets for a telephone, a vacuum cleaner …, and also pass the antenna cable (you can install a crab) to the desired place.
2. If you change radiators, then you should think about where else you will have to use welding, so as not to return to this issue. Here at this stage you will encounter crumbling walls, dust and debris.
3. After that, you can start leveling the walls and floors. It is advisable to pierce the joints of the wall panels with a screwdriver and tap, for the presence of voids. If you find any, then be sure to close it up. This will improve sound insulation and keep the house warm..
The corner of the floor and walls, you must try to align well. The fit of the plinth will depend on this, otherwise gaps will be guaranteed. After the walls are leveled, you can start installing sockets and switches.
4. Next, we proceed to replacing doors, window sills and windows. When the walls and floors are aligned, the doors can be positioned more precisely, whereas with uneven floors, the size from floor to bottom of the door can be mistaken..
five. Putty and whitewash the ceiling.
6. We lay the floors, loop and varnish.
7. We glue the wallpaper. When pasting with wallpaper, turn off the light in the dashboard on the landing, remove the covers from the sockets and switches. We cut out the wallpaper for sockets and switches, and then fasten the covers and turn on the light. To be sure that there is no voltage in the outlet, plug it in, for example, a transistor receiver. From the top of the ceiling, you can draw a marking line with a pencil, along which the wallpaper will be glued. All whitewash below the line must be washed off, otherwise the wallpaper will lag behind in this place. Remember that if there are white spots on the wall (spots of glue or lime paint), be sure to clean them off, because the wallpaper does not stick to the painted places.
8. We fix the plinth and platbands, thereby closing the ends of the wallpaper. We drill the skirting board to the wall and screw it in. First you need to adjust it, then turn it off, cover it with stain and varnish, and only then screw it up. Covering in place can stain the wallpaper. Antenna and telephone cable can be passed under the skirting board.
nine. Next, holes are drilled and shelves, cornices, etc. are suspended..
The bathroom and toilet should be done very first thing. Install plumbing and replace or remodel plumbing. Tiles on the walls can only be laid after welding. Otherwise, even the smallest spark will burn the top layer of the tile, and the tile will be damaged..
A balcony or loggia can be done last, since there, you can store the remnants of materials, and install a workbench and a vice. All this will be needed during the final cycle of work..
If during the repair you live in this apartment, then you need to start from the farthest room, gradually moving towards the kitchen.
Here we give our view on the sequence of work, but the choice is yours.