Hollywood films have turned their own backyard pool into a dream come true for thousands of Russians, while advances in technology and the emergence of specialized contractors have made it a reality. In order for the pool to be a source of only pleasure and positive emotions, you should take care of its safety in advance. From a technical point of view, this requires obtaining permission to use Rostechnadzor. A permit to use is a document that guarantees that the project meets all construction and safety regulations. In practice, for the safety of children and adults, it is worth paying attention to the condition, water temperature and design features of the pool..
Let’s consider all these points in a little more detail:
1. Purification. Very often, already a month after the pool was filled with water, its new owners notice with annoyance how quickly it becomes cloudy from suspended matter, and a strip of dirt appears on the walls, especially on the “waterline” of the edge. All this is the result of external factors affecting the pool: dust, small and large debris, earth particles. The unattractiveness of the muddy strata is far from its only drawback, much more dangerous is that a film of fat and dirt is just an ideal breeding ground for dangerous microorganisms and fungi. As a rule, experts recommend not using chlorination and other aggressive chemicals for their own pools, but simply creating a water purification system. First, you need to install filters – sand, quartz or cartridge-based. Passing through them, the liquid is cleared even of debris with a diameter of 0.3 mm, but suspensions from sunscreen, grease and other contaminants still remain in it. This problem can be solved with the help of coagulants – special tablets that “bind” the smallest impurities and turn them into flakes that are easily captured by filters. If the main problem is the sediment of mud at the bottom, then it can be solved with the help of a robot vacuum cleaner, which will carefully remove the entire layer of mud from the bottom, without missing a single centimeter.
2. Water heating. The optimal temperature in the pool is from 21 to 25 ° C, but if small children will swim in the outdoor pool, then ideally the temperature should be raised to 30 ° C. There are two traditional water heating schemes – electric heaters and heat exchangers. In the first case, everything is obvious – a heating element, powered by electricity, serves as a heat source. The second option allows you to save energy – the source of heat here is hot water from the heating system, a heat pump or solar energy obtained by a heat collector. The basic rule when choosing the temperature for children’s pools is that for every half hour of being in the child’s pool, the temperature should be increased by one degree above the “base” 21 ° C.
3. Accessory safety. To avoid accidental injuries and other troubles, think over all the little things in advance – handrails, support handles, if required, safe stairs with wide and non-slip steps. Ideally, it is worth taking care of this even at the stage of designing the pool and obtaining permission from Rostekhnadzor, so that later you do not have to partially dismantle the tiles and open the pool bowl. Another important detail that is especially relevant for families with children is the non-slip coating around the pool perimeter – this can be either special tiles, or natural or artificial stone, wood and other surfaces with a high coefficient of friction.
4. Durable coating. In terms of protection from leaves, precipitation and sunlight, a bubble solar film is sufficient. If you are worried that a child or a dog may accidentally fall into the closures of the pool, pay attention to hard coatings made of polymeric materials that can easily support a weight of 20-30 kg.
5. Correct installation of attractions. Water slides, inflatable structures, hydromassage walls and sun beds, geysers – they can be used to turn the pool into a miniature water park. However, before giving permission for the use of this equipment, it is worth making sure that it is safe and in accordance with the size of the reservoir. So, for example, the distance from the slide to the side of the pool should be at least one and a half times greater than the slide length, and when installing hydromassage nozzles, it is worth setting the jet power limiters so that your child or inexperienced guest does not accidentally set too high a water flow rate.