Grouting of tile joints is the final stage of finishing walls and floors with this material. Our tips site has collected tips from designers that relate to the main choice – whether to use the grout clearly in the tone of the tile or choose a different shade.
Designers recommend choosing a grout exactly to match the tile in the following cases:
- Your tile is very simple and you don’t want to attract too much attention to its shape.
- White tiles were chosen for a small bathroom and a bathroom. Grouting to match will visually expand the space, make the finish monolithic.
- White tiles are chosen for the kitchen backsplash, which should visually blend in with the light-colored countertop..
- A relief tile was chosen, from the unusual texture of which one does not want to distract attention. The same applies to tiles with optical effects – matching grout will not break them into their component parts.
- The tiles are formed into a beautiful panel, picture, ornament, pattern. It can not be broken with inter-tile seams in any way, they should be as invisible as possible.
- Black tile is chosen and this rich color needs to be emphasized.
- If a colored tile is selected for an accent wall and you need to visually move this surface.
- It is necessary to make the finish from colored tiles more monolithic, solid.
Important! The grout should be selected exactly in the color of the tile, if it is not the most important thing in the interior. If you don’t want to draw attention to the tiles, “dissolve” it in space thanks to grout of a similar shade.
Not necessarily a contrasting grout for tiles, just a different color, designers advise to choose if:
- Unusual tiling should be emphasized, for example diagonally.
- It is necessary to make an accent wall, which will become the brightest interior detail.
- Lighter or darker grout is designed to emphasize, set off the unusual color of the tile itself, to make it deeper and cleaner.
- It is necessary to emphasize the shape of the tile, for example, brick, Metro, hexagon, “fish scales”.
- It is necessary to beat some object in the room. For example, a kitchen island or bar counter, a column, a built-in shelf, tiled.
Important! Grouting in another, especially contrasting color, makes the tiles a noticeable detail of the interior, emphasizes the masonry. If you want to get exactly this effect, choose an expressive shade of grout that does not match the color of the tile..
The portal has already written in detail about the kind of compositions for finishing tile joints and the features of their choice..