In summer, when you so want to open the door and let in fresh air, insect protection comes to the fore. Indeed, why do we need flies and annoying mosquitoes? Our tips site will tell you about such modern insect protection as a mosquito net with magnets.
Immediately, we note that mosquito nets on magnets are intended specifically for doorways and are especially in demand in private houses and apartments that have a loggia or balcony. It is easier with the choice of nets for PVC windows. They are ordered from the manufacturer and come complete with double-glazed windows, created strictly according to the dimensions of the window frame.
Three types of mosquito nets are traditionally used for doorways:
- Rolled. They are fastened to the door vertically, sometimes in a box, open if necessary, like ordinary roller blinds for windows. Convenient, closed mesh does not take up space.
- Sliding. Like the doors of a wardrobe. You need a place to open and close, an option is not for every doorway.
- Regular hinged doors. Only instead of a blank canvas – an insect net.
The disadvantages of all three types of mosquito nets we have listed are insignificant, but there are:
- You need to order strictly according to the size of the door.
- It can be difficult to install on your own, especially in the case of a sliding mechanism.
- You need to open it with your hands, pets cannot cope on their own.
Unlike all these varieties, mosquito nets on magnets are bought ready-made, easily fit to the size of the doorway, and it will not be difficult to attach them even to a person who first encountered such a task..
In addition, it is important that pets can easily pass through the mosquito net with magnets. And they won’t have to open the door. Yes, and you yourself can go out, carrying something in your hands – the canvas will easily open itself, and then it will close behind you thanks to the magnets.
Such a mesh looks simple – two separate canvases that are attached to the sides of the doorway. Different polarity magnets are sewn into the opposite edge of each canvas, which are attracted to each other. As a result, the seam with magnets is located exactly in the middle of the mesh and makes it easy to pass through this obstacle..
The mesh is attached to the door slopes with buttons, adhesive tape – whatever, the main thing is that it is comfortable enough and at the same time it is possible to remove the cloth for washing. When choosing a mosquito net with magnets, we advise you to pay attention to the following criteria:
- Price. It is very different – from 200 to 2000 rubles. Much depends on the brand. If you decide to save money and buy the most inexpensive mesh, be prepared for the fact that it will last the whole season, losing its appearance, stretching, tearing in places where magnets are sewn.
- Dimensions. The standard ones are one meter wide and 2.1 meters high. There are wider canvases, in addition, we repeat, the size of the curtain mesh can be adjusted by simply tucking it at the points of attachment to the opening.
- Washable. A useful option for freshening up the mesh and getting rid of dust.
- Fastening magnets. Clip magnets in the form of birds and butterflies received good reviews. Both beautiful and practical, and the canvas does not tear.
- Colour. The choice is large enough – black, green, gray, blue, beige. Let the curtain correspond to the general style of the room, fit into the interior, or at least not spoil it.
Finding a mosquito net with magnets today will not be difficult; these products are presented in hardware stores and hypermarkets. Can also be ordered online. The most popular brands today that produce such magnetic insect nets are Rosenberg, Magic Mesh, Landlife and Gardex. And if you wish, you can sew such a mesh with your own hands..