The shower stall is often a substitute for the bathtub in small, cramped rooms. And the owners of spacious bathrooms often choose such a useful addition. Our advice site decided to help you with the choice of a shower stall by answering the most common questions on this topic..
What kind of shower cabins are there, what to choose from? We list the main varieties:
- Closed. They have walls, doors and a ceiling. If you intend to equip a real home sauna, then you need just such a completely closed, sealed cabin. However, they are also ordinary, just soulful. The advantage of a closed shower is that the spray will definitely not fly around the room, like wet hot steam. Although such models are slightly more expensive, it will be difficult to buy a ceiling separately;
- Open. There is no ceiling. In addition, the walls may also be absent if the shower is located in a corner, in a niche and is closed only on one or two sides by sliding doors. A simpler, and therefore more affordable option. In an open shower stall, the top spray can be installed at any height, above the wall or door;
- With pallet. It can be very different in shape, and in the height of the sides, and in the material used. There are pallets that completely replace small, sit-down baths, there is a simpler one – just a stand, always with a non-slip surface;
- Without pallet. The portal wrote how to install a shower drain under the tiles. Such a modern version looks elegant, visually takes up less space;
- With additional features. For example, hydromassage, with the option of a Turkish bath, rain shower. Of course, such additions increase the cost of the shower stall;
What material are shower trays made of? The choice is really great:
- Acrylic. A very popular, modern option. Such pallets do not make noise when water is poured on them, there is a huge selection of shapes and sizes, the material is warm and pleasant to the touch, microorganisms do not multiply on it. However, there are a lot of acrylic pallets, they are exclusively white and have low strength;
- Steel. Strong, lightweight pallets. But they will make noise while taking a shower and the water cools very quickly;
- Cast iron. A time-tested material, very durable, resistant, with an enamel coating. But it weighs a lot, there may be difficulties with transportation;
- Fake diamond. It can be damaged by dropping a heavy object, abrasions may appear. But external imperfections can be eliminated, such a pallet is pleasant for bare feet, it looks beautiful.
In addition, you can build a shower tray with your own hands by laying out any tiles or mosaics.
I have a tiny bathroom. Which, in this case, is better to choose a shower cabin? We advise you to prefer the corner version with transparent walls and doors. Such a cabin will not visually clutter up the space. In addition, it is convenient if the shelves for hygiene products are inside, and the hooks for towels are directly on the door on the back. The doors themselves should be sliding, and the shape of the cabin – semicircular or square – rectangular will also capture part of the wall. Choose a low pallet so that it looks less noticeable and elegant;
What brands of showers are the most popular? Showers from the Polish manufacturer Aquaform, AquaStream, affordable Chinese Atlantis, Grandehome, Finnish IDO, Austrian Koller Pool with a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer, Czech Ravak, also Chinese inexpensive Sansa, minimalistic Italian Veronis are in demand and trust of buyers;
What are the average dimensions of shower cabins? 70 to 200 centimeters in width / length. Experts call the optimal size 80–100 centimeters for square models. The maximum dimensions, in general, are limited only by the size of your bathroom;
Which is better for the walls and doors of the shower enclosure – polystyrene or glass? Of course, tempered glass is a more durable and beautiful option. Polystyrene is cheaper, weighs less, but wears out quickly. Modern manufacturers cover glass with a special solution to give it water-repellent properties. As a result, it is much easier to care for the glass, stains and salt deposits do not remain;
How many elements can a shower stall include? One to six. One element is, in fact, just one door or partition that separates the shower area from the rest of the room. Six-piece showers are usually the most spacious and include several partitions combined into a common design..
As for the price range, it is very wide. It all depends on the size, manufacturer, availability of additional functions. You can simply buy a mixer and one partition-door for 5-6 thousand rubles. And you can buy a multifunctional shower cabin with a pallet made of artificial stone at a price of 25 thousand rubles.