- Benefits of a hygienic shower
- What to look for when buying
- Hygienic shower device
- Concealed installation of a hygienic shower
- Preparatory work
- Wall mounted hygienic shower
- Connecting the shower to the sink
A bidet shower has become an excellent alternative to a bidet where floor space is limited. It is not difficult to install it yourself and you can do without plumbing services. Getting started with the installation, study all the features and nuances of the work ahead, and your idea will have a successful completion..
Benefits of a hygienic shower
A hygienic shower is not uncommon in modern washrooms for a long time. It is designed to maintain intimate hygiene and has a number of advantages:
- compactness, possibility of installation in small rooms;
- ease of use;
- versatility – you can wash small children with a hygienic shower, wash paws with pets after a walk, wash shoes, use to clean the toilet itself and the toilet room;
- facilitates caring for the elderly and people with disabilities;
- low price compared to a full bidet.
Like any household item, a hygienic shower has its drawbacks:
- after using it for some time, residual drops of water may drip from the shower;
- if there are small children in the apartment, constant supervision is necessary. The hygienic shower is mounted at the level of reach of children and can be used for games, which is fraught with a “flood”;
- inconvenience when used by people who are overweight.
Before installing a hygienic shower, weigh the pros and cons to make the right decision.
What to look for when buying
A hand-held shower for concealed installation is installed for many years. Choosing the right model will allow you to avoid frequent repairs and enjoy the correct operation of the shower.
When choosing this or that model, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
- method of fixing a hygienic shower;
- design features (some models are designed to be connected to one pipe);
- the material from which the hygienic shower is made (brass or silumin), brass mixers are considered the most reliable and durable;
- the presence and quality of the protective coating;
- length of the connecting hose;
- the presence of a thermostat;
- availability of a warranty from the manufacturer.
When choosing a hygienic shower, give preference to well-established manufacturers on the market. They often provide long-term (5 or more years) warranty service for their products..
Hygienic shower device
A hygienic shower is a shower (watering can) connected to the mixer with a flexible hose. It differs from the usual shower in bathrooms only in the design of the shower head. For a hygienic shower, it is compact and equipped with a shut-off valve, which is a button with a spring. The shut-off valve is always in the closed position and must be pressed to supply water. The quality of the valve is of great importance as it is often subject to mechanical stress. Some models are equipped with a lock that allows you not to keep the button pressed during use.
For the possibility of mounting the shower on the wall, the kit always includes a holder. The faucet is often sold separately from the shower. It is not difficult to find the right model, since the flexible hose of the hygienic shower has a standard fixing fittings that are compatible with all types of mixer.
The concealed mixer is slightly different from the outdoor one and consists of:
- mounting box;
- functional part;
- joystick with decorative panel.
Advice.For ease of use, it is recommended to give preference to single-lever mixers.
Concealed installation of a hygienic shower
The Tokay method of installing a hygienic shower is more complicated and more expensive than an outdoor one. However, it also has its undeniable advantages:
- aesthetic appearance of the toilet room, all pipes are hidden in the wall for decoration;
- tightness of the connection;
- no mechanical impact on pipes and mixer.
A distinctive feature of concealed installation is that the mixer goes deep into the wall, and only a joystick or a lever remains on the surface to control the pressure and temperature of the supplied water.
It is advisable to install a hygienic shower during the overhaul of the toilet room and carefully plan. Preparatory work takes most of the time and is quite laborious.
First step. At the installation site of the mixer, a recess of appropriate dimensions is drilled in the wall.
Second phase. From the nearest source of water supply, ditches are ditched for water supply.
Stage three. Laying water pipes and connecting them to the central water supply.
Fourth stage. Installation of the installation box and functional part of the mixer in the wall and its connection to the water supply. At this stage, it is necessary to check the tightness of the pipe connections, since this will not be possible in the future..
Important! The mixer junction box must be rigidly fixed to the wall.
Fifth stage. Strob finishing, leveling and plastering of walls, cosmetic finishing.
Wall mounted hygienic shower
After completing the preparatory work, you can start connecting the equipment. At this stage, there are usually no difficulties:
- The shower holder is fixed to the wall. It is important to position it so that you can reach it without getting up from the toilet.
- Install a joystick with a decorative panel on the mixer.
- Connect a flexible hose to the mixer. When connecting a flexible hose, it is important to check the presence of rubber bands in the structure.
This completes the installation of the hygienic shower, and you can test the device in practice.
Connecting the shower to the sink
In the event that the bathroom is combined or there is a small sink in the toilet room, a hygienic shower can be connected to the sink. This is a simplified version of the shower installation and everyone can cope with it in a matter of hours..
The main condition for such a connection is the purchase of a special mixer with an additional outlet for water. When choosing a hygienic shower in this case, it is important to pay attention to the length of the flexible hose, and take into account the distance from the sink to the toilet. During operation, the hose must not be taut.
The mixer is installed on the sink in its usual place. When opened, water flows into the sink and shower simultaneously. Shut-off valve holds water until the button is pressed.
Important! To ensure long-term operation of the hygienic shower without breakdowns, do not forget to close the water supply to the mixer. Otherwise, the shut-off valve will be under pressure for a long time and will quickly fail..
Installing a hygienic shower will make the toilet more functional. Ease of installation, ease of use, low price and functionality – thanks to these qualities, the hygienic shower has gained popularity among consumers..