- Natural wallpaper in the interior
- Ideas for the design and decoration of eco-style housing interiors
- Living room
- Entrance group, corridor, hall
The creation of eco-style interiors is a popular trend in the arrangement of living spaces. Some ideas for eco-friendly home decoration with paper and bamboo wallpaper, sisal, jute, papyrus, textiles and other natural materials can be found in this article..
Using energy-saving systems and recycled materials, consuming organic products and purified water, creating a living environment as close as possible to natural – these are some of the basic principles of living in an ecological style. This peculiar philosophy directly influenced the basic canons of arranging the interior space of houses and expressed itself in the rejection of synthetic finishing materials, as well as color schemes that are not typical for the natural environment. Spacious interiors filled with air and light due to large masses of window glazing, creating the effect of harmonious unity with nature – eco-style houses are gradually gaining their audience and admirers.
Laconic, functional eco-style in the interior combines the purity of white surfaces and the warmth of natural materials
Basic color schemes for eco-interiors are a combination of white with gray, green, brown, blue tones
Laconic volumes, simple and clean lines, lightness and naturalness in all details – these are the signs of eco-style. The characteristic features of this trend in interior design include:
- Living space that is functional and easy to understand, not cluttered with decor.
- A significant area of window openings, draped with natural textiles with a smooth texture – cotton, linen, silk, wool.
- Environmentally friendly materials for wall surface finishing: water-based paints with organic pigments, silicate or gypsum plasters, natural wallpapers and panels from natural materials, including wood, stone, ceramics, leather, glass.
- Natural flooring: parquet, cork, stone, plant fiber mats, wool, silk carpets.
- Furniture made of solid wood, roots and branches, reminiscent of natural shapes or linear-geometric in outlines.
- Monochrome and neutral color palette, without pronounced contrasts – a combination of white with grassy, brown, gray, ocher and beige tones.
- The use of motifs of flora and fauna in decoration, furniture, accessories.
- Inclusion of compositions from living plants in interior design.
The most difficult moment in creating an eco-interior is the search for a decorative solution for decorating walls due to their large area compared to other planes that form the interior space of a home. Among the many options, it is important to choose such a wall material that will carry the design idea in eco-style, have the necessary operational properties, and also become an advantageous background for all interior elements, having an expressive texture, pattern, color.
The richness of shades of bamboo will add warmth, comfort, expressiveness to the interior design
The technology of creating bamboo canvases allows them to be used to decorate radius and wavy partitions
Preferred wall decoration for environmentally friendly premises:
- water-based paints and varnishes;
- natural decorative plaster that imitates natural surfaces;
- wallpaper and canvases made of vegetable, environmentally friendly fibers;
- modular wall panels with a rigid base and a finish layer of natural origin;
- materials based on clay, sand, minerals.
Wall panels that do not require labor-intensive preparation of the wall plane and have a simplified installation scheme have gained particular popularity recently. Traditionally, natural wallpaper made of bamboo and crushed cork oak bark remains in demand due to its moisture resistance, versatility and low price. Many, in the old fashioned way, prefer short-lived, but environmentally friendly paper wallpaper as the most affordable and budgetary cover, requiring, however, fairly frequent replacement, which many, in fact, like.
The most traditional accent tone for eco-style is green, taken in any shade – warm or cold, rich or muted
Eco-interior can be made in gray-blue colors, which brings a breath of sea breeze and warm sand dunes to the image of the home
The combination of plant fibers of natural wallpaper with quartz dust and crushed mica creates a golden or silver sheen that emphasizes the dark brown palette of the eco-interior
Natural wallpaper in the interior
Despite the fact that only organic dyes of a limited color gamut are used in the production of wallpaper from natural raw materials, the variety of textures and shades of plant fibers allows you to create spectacular coatings even without additional coloring. Natural shades of fibrous plants – light beige and ocher-sand, greenish-gray and olive, light brown and terracotta color palette fill the eco-style interior with the breath of earth, herbs and flowers, creating the effect of being in nature in the house.
Warm color scheme of bamboo – golden sand and light brown, fits well into any color scheme of the interior
Bamboo trim is the best option for terraces, loggias, patios and verandas, as it is durable, moisture resistant, aesthetic and advantageously combined with vegetal, but acts as a neutral background for bright ethnic motifs
For the manufacture of environmentally friendly wallpaper, the following plant raw materials have become widespread:
- sisal obtained by processing the leaves of tropical agave – a cactus cultivated in Latin America, Asia, Africa;
- jute, which is produced from an annual plant of the linden genus, which grows in Egypt and India;
- bamboo, characterized by strength and moisture resistance, grown in the humid subtropical and tropical climates of Asian countries, which, during production, is transformed into a bamboo canvas on a fabric basis;
- papyrus – a perennial plant of the sedge family, common in Africa, Asia, some regions of the Mediterranean and Madagascar, is used as a substitute for paper;
- seaweed, which has sufficient elasticity while observing a specific drying technology and allowing to create a strong weave;
- herbs collected in ecologically clean areas of the highlands, used for the production of cloth such as matting;
- hemp – fibers from hemp stalks, which from time immemorial in Russia have been used to weave ropes and ropes;
- cellulose fibers pressed into paper – the traditional most inexpensive form of wall decoration;
- natural threads of linen, wool, silk, cotton, which are glued to the paper base during the production of interior coverings.
Bamboo canvases are an excellent alternative to ceramic tiles for finishing the bathroom – having universal performance properties, bamboo harmoniously combines with other natural materials: wood, stone, sea pebbles
Large floral motifs, green foliage and tree branches are the latest trend in modern paper wallpaper designs that combine nature-inspired decor with romantic or exotic prints. The flexibility of bamboo wallpaper, made by gluing solid, cut, pressed stems or recycled cores to fabric, allows this covering to be used not only for wall decoration, but also for decorating radial partitions, furniture fronts, mobile screens and sliding screens. Sisal and jute fibers, formed into a canvas glued to a paper base and resembling burlap, look quite colorful and noble, comparing favorably in cost to linen, silk and other types of textile wallpaper.
Ideas for the design and decoration of eco-style housing interiors
Huge blades of grass, 3D printed on the surface of paper wallpaper, create the impression of being protected, close to nature when staying indoors
Imitation of the skin of exotic animals can be an interesting option for decorating bedroom walls with natural wallpaper
Gray-brown bamboo wallpaper serves as a harmonious backdrop for eco-interiors with exotic accents
Bamboo canvases of a sandy beige shade are organically combined with grassy green color in the textile pattern
The eco-style bedroom interior can be created in a fairly dark color scheme, while natural wallpapers are selected from tinted bamboo, sisal, jute
Paper wallpaper with a print of large beige and peach flowers creates a light and romantic atmosphere in the bedroom
Natural wallpaper with imitation of wooden boards gives the interior of the bedroom a rustic, slightly rustic entourage
Dimensional 3D drawing of translucent leaves fills the empty wall and introduces a stylized plant motif taken from the natural environment into the interior
Imitation of tree trunk cuts with wallpaper looks quite unusual, but quite environmentally friendly and effective.
Subtle interweaving of veins of green leaf – what could be the best wall decoration in eco-interior?
Natural wallpaper, made by weaving ocher plant fibers, enliven the monochrome interior and bring warm chords to the atmosphere of the room
Bamboo canvases, as well as sisal, jute, reeds, glued to a fabric base, can serve as the optimal material for creating window screens and mobile partitions in eco-style
Bamboo wallpaper glued to plywood will be an inexpensive solution for decorating the front of a cabinet, door leaf or sliding partition
Images of fruits and vegetables, appearing in the form of decor along with plant drawings – a great idea for decorating an apron in the kitchen in an eco-interior
Bamboo panels are widely used for the manufacture of kitchen facades, having strength, wear resistance, moisture resistance and a pleasant aesthetic appearance.
Moisture resistance, strength and pleasant coloring of bamboo make it possible to speak of this material as the most successful finishing option in the interior of an eco-kitchen
Stylized insects, trees, leaves, flowers are those decorative elements that may be present in the decoration of the eco-interior.
The interior of this bathroom is a characteristic example of eco-style space design, combining wood flooring, bamboo wallpaper and blinds, stone and tropical wood trunks as accents.
Entrance group, corridor, hall
The high durability of bamboo wallpaper makes it possible to successfully use this material for finishing entrance and transit zones.
Balcony, terrace, patio
Due to its moisture resistance and resistance to decay, bamboo wallpaper can be used for finishing balconies, loggias, terraces, patios, gazebos
Having approached with due thoroughness to the choice of materials for wall decoration in an eco-interior, you will have to choose furniture made of solid wood, rattan or bamboo, and also do not forget to place accents with expressive accessories and textiles.