In Russian kitchens, taps for pouring water next to the stove are still a rarity. But in American kitchen projects, they are quite common. Our site for tips decided to figure out what the filling taps are, why they are generally needed above or next to the hob.
The main features of a water filling tap are location and design. Such a faucet is placed not on the sink – on the wall or countertop, but next to the hob. Most often, above it, on a kitchen apron. The tap has hinges, thanks to which it can be removed close to the wall so that it does not interfere with the cooking process. In addition, the hinges allow the water source to reach the pots on different cooking zones..
Important! This is the main function and benefit of the filling tap – you can fill the pot with water without dragging it to the sink. Saving time and effort for owners, which is quite important, for example, when arranging kitchens for the elderly, about the features of which the portal has already written.
At the same time, this type of plumbing cannot be called a mixer! This is a tap exclusively for cold water, hot water is not provided, it is not poured into pots.
“Oh, is it really so hard to move the pot to the sink and get some water! After all, there are handy faucets with a pull-out spout that allow you to pour water even into a tall pot next to the sink ”- so many home and apartment owners think so.
It’s like that. It is for this reason that taps for filling water, they are also pot filler, are not in significant demand in our country. But if you think about it, then in a spacious kitchen, where the sink is far from the hob, such a tap will not be superfluous..
In addition, there are four more reasons to install a filling valve above the stove:
- The bottom of the pot remains dry. Accordingly, carbon deposits will not form on it, which is then very difficult to wash off..
- The tap can be connected to a separate filter, and you immediately get clean water just for cooking. And in this case, you can refuse from the filter under the sink..
- If a family uses a kettle for a gas stove, and not an electric one, then water has to be poured into it several times a day. The filling tap will save a lot of time.
- A water source next to the stove is useful during cleaning.
Those who are against the installation of a filling tap also have their own arguments:
- The tap will get dirty from grease and splashes during cooking, as it is located directly next to or above the stove. Yes, right, the device will have to be washed regularly. But you wipe the kitchen apron too, there won’t be much more work.
- There is no drainage of water, there is a risk of causing a flood. This is also a fair argument – it is worth turning away for a moment, and the water has already filled the pan and poured onto the hob. And to remove the liquid, as in the case of the “escaped” milk, you will have to manually, with a rag.
In addition, we must not forget that a water pipe will have to be led to the tap above the hob, and this is an additional hassle and expense. And the taps on the hinges are much more expensive than ordinary kitchen faucets. The average price will be from 7 to 9 thousand rubles.
So is it worth installing a water tap next to the hob? You decide. Of course, you can refuse it, it is definitely not a necessity. But according to those who installed the filling tap in their kitchen, it proved to be very useful. As, for example, a dishwasher and a waste disposer, a dispenser in the sink – you can also do without them, but having tried it once, you begin to really appreciate this addition to your kitchen.