Everyone who finally decides to replace the windows in the apartment has the question of how to make the right choice. Here it is important to take into account all the nuances and determine your needs. The choice of one or another window structure is influenced by the following points:
- the need to maintain a certain temperature regime (depending on this, an appropriate profile, double-glazed window, type of room ventilation is selected);
- different levels of humidity in rooms (for example, in the kitchen and in the hall, as well as in the presence of indoor plants, an aquarium in any room);
- the intensity of street noise (the thickness of the glass unit and the profile of the window structure will be different);
- the presence of dust, soot on the street (a special ventilation system must be provided);
- the floor on which the apartment is located (the protection system of the window structure will vary).
High-quality plastic windows should provide:
- thermal insulation
It is these technical characteristics that you need to pay attention to when choosing a window structure. Let’s consider them in more detail.
One of the most important functions of a window is to provide protection from the cold. As you know, the loss of heat in the room occurs mainly through the windows, so the coziness and comfort in your home will depend on their thermal insulation effect. Modern PVC windows in this respect are significantly superior to their wooden counterparts. The thermal insulation properties of a window are influenced by such factors as:
- the size of the window structure (including the area of the window block and glass unit);
- the size of the cross-section of the window frame and sash;
- the use of a certain type of double-glazed window (one- or two-chamber, with ordinary or heat-saving glass);
- ensuring a high-quality junction of the window opening (due to professional installation and good fittings).
Living in a metropolis is very difficult to get rid of noise. Providing reliable sound insulation is the most important task that modern PVC windows can handle. How can they be used to increase the level of noise protection? To do this, you need to consider the following factors:
- glass thickness;
- the distance between the glasses (an increase in the air space increases the sound insulating power);
- use of special gas to fill the inner chamber, providing a high degree of noise insulation);
- the use of special laminated glass;
- sealing gaskets (there must be at least two of them) must ensure a tight fit of all structural parts in the window block;
- high-quality installation of windows (all seams between the window opening and the plastic structure itself must be carefully sealed).
Increased humidity in the room, the appearance of condensation on the walls, stuffiness – all this is a consequence of insufficient ventilation. Of course, this problem can be solved by regular ventilation, but this will lead to a violation of sound insulation and dust. Additional ventilation is required, which can be provided by special ventilated window profiles.
The following components are responsible for ensuring the safety of the window:
- PVC profile (sufficient width and the presence of a large number of cameras increase the anti-burglary properties of the window structure);
- double-glazed window (using triplex glass, protective shutters);
- the use of reliable locking fittings;
- high-quality window installation.
The choice of a window structure, taking into account the most important technical characteristics, will allow you to choose the best option for a plastic window for your home or office.