Let’s talk about a non-standard solution for a bathroom and a bathroom – a combinitase. Our tips site is ready to tell you what it is, how it works. We will give examples of such hybrid plumbing, together we will find out when and where combinitase is simply needed and how it can help the owners.
A combinitase is a hybrid of a sink and a regular toilet. Water from the sink above the toilet enters the cistern. The pros are obvious:
- Saving water. Up to 25%! You washed your face, but the water did not disappear, did not immediately go down the drain. After filtration, it entered the toilet bowl and was reused.
- Saving space. Often there is simply nowhere to put a sink in a cramped bathroom. And you need to wash your hands after using the toilet, you remember it well from childhood. Kombounitaz solves this problem by combining two types of plumbing.
The design of the combinitases can be different. There are the most compact models in which the sink is located directly on the tank and becomes its lid. In others, the sink may be located slightly on the side. In this case, the structure is usually combined with a small cabinet that hides the overflow pipes. For example, for the Roca W + W model in the photo below, the sink is located exactly like this, on the side.
All models of combinitases, regardless of design, have two necessary parts:
- Filter. The water from the sink doesn’t just go straight into the toilet cistern, it is cleared of soap and dirt. So there will be no unpleasant smell, during the drain the water is already clear. It is clear that not drinking, but purified.
- Automatic control system for water overflow. Control takes place through a filter. You can calmly wash your hands for a long time, shave, without fear of flooding the bathroom. When the tank is full, the system will automatically stop the water flow.
Important! There is always a system for the usual supply of water to the toilet. You may not have enough water from washing your hands from the sink to fill the tank. In this case, she will act in the traditional way..
The drain button, if the sink is located directly on top of the tank, is located on the side. Some models of combinitases are also equipped with a hygienic shower. The portal has already written about this option for replacing the bidet.
In general, the hybrid version will differ from a conventional toilet bowl primarily by the overflow system. In a regular toilet, the pipe is noticeably smaller! The combinitases are equipped with a larger pipe in order to ensure a normal, quick drainage of water from the sink. Installation of a hybrid is no different from conventional installation..
As for the sink, it will differ from the usual one by a large number of pipes, minimalistic dimensions, a special shape, and the presence of special fasteners. There are already noticeably more differences..
The advantages of installing a combinitase are obvious – saving water and space. In addition, the observance of hygienic procedures is ensured – you will definitely not forget to wash your hands and do it right away, without leaving the toilet. Taking care of such plumbing is no more difficult than a separate sink and toilet..
Cons of combinitase:
- Using the sink can be inconvenient, especially if it is not on the side, but directly on the tank. Therefore, models with a sink shifted to the side are preferable.
- Brushing your teeth next to the toilet will be considered something wrong by many. Disgust can lead to the fact that the functions of the sink will be limited..
- It can be difficult to bring hot water to such a hybrid sink; some manufacturers recommend using only cold water to drain the toilet. However, it already depends on the model..
As for the most popular manufacturers of combinitases, among them are the domestic brand Santek, Swiss Laufen, Spanish Roca, Czech Jika, Turkish Vitra, Swedish Gustavsberg and Ifo. The price is different, depending on the design, availability of a hygienic shower and water-repellent coating, manufacturer. In any case, a hybrid with a sink will cost more than a regular toilet, even without additional features..