- Micro cement or Senibeton micro concrete
- How to plaster with microcement
- Marble plaster
- Preparation and application of the solution
In the article you will find a description of the latest developments in the field of finishing solutions. We will tell you about how polymer resin is used in the manufacture of finishing plasters. You will learn how to prepare and apply micro-concrete and marble plaster solutions.
Almost everything is said about finishing plaster. This type of finish is so convenient and popular that chemical engineers continue to work on the compositions, giving them new properties. One of the latest achievements – ultra-strong decorative plaster.
Micro cement or Senibeton micro concrete
This material appeared as a result of an attempt to replace the binder from cement to polymer in a conventional cement-sand mortar. In other words, instead of cement, an epoxy was added, and a new material with unique properties was obtained. The prefix “micro” in this case means two positions:
- Finely ground quartz sand is used as a filler. Its particles are microscopic. They are slightly larger than cement particles in size, and the sand itself resembles flour.
- Application layer – 1–2 mm. For plaster, this is really a “micro layer”. It is impossible to compare microconcrete with putty of the same layer – gypsum putty does not have even a tenth of the advantages of polymerized plaster.
Epoxy gives the finished product combined properties – it turns out a cross between concrete and plastic, or rather, a coating as thick as a plastic part and with the resistance of a concrete wall.
Advantages of micro-concrete polymerized plaster:
- High indicators of wear resistance.
- High impact resistance.
- Wide decorative possibilities – plaster can be tinted, textured, imitation of any known rocky stone (granite, sandstone, marble, etc.).
- Can be applied to tiles (requires preparation with primer and mesh).
- The thickness of each working layer is 1–2 mm, the total layer thickness is rarely more than 4–5 mm.
- The plaster mixture can be applied to the floor (additional coating with epoxy varnish and protection is required).
To date, there is no other material other than micro-concrete that can be applied to the glaze of ceramic tiles with a layer of 3 mm and obtain a solid base, similar to cement plaster, which requires a layer of 20 mm or more and serious cleaning of the glaze. At the same time, the liquid mixture allows itself to be processed, obtaining various decorative forms:
- with periodic smoothing during drying, the surface becomes glossy;
- texturing with brushes and rollers gives the effect of torn natural stone or worn out concrete;
- the inclusion of colored chips, glitter and other particles allows you to get the effect of ready-made “liquid wallpaper” in one layer;
- micro concrete allows the use of printing – stencil embossing and inscriptions.
An impressive list of advantages cannot do without a fly in the ointment in the form of disadvantages:
- Cost 1 m2 finished product (finished section of the wall) – 20-30 USD e., floor – 45-55 usd. e.
- Low distribution and low competition. The product is produced only by foreign companies. Some Russian distributors do not sell material separately, but offer finishing with their own material according to the material + work scheme.
How to plaster with microcement
The scope of delivery for the preparation of wall plaster contains the following components:
- Liquid polymer for primer.
- Aggregate (crushed sand) for priming *.
- Liquid polymer for layer composition.
- Filler for layer composition.
- Kohler (optional).
* Primer can be supplied separately ready-made.
Consider the most difficult option – covering tiles:
- Clean, dust and degrease the surface with solvent.
- Apply a primer. Sometimes it’s just epoxy.
- Glue a painting net on the primer (density 50–80 g / m2, mesh 1–2 mm). Smooth and submerge the mesh thoroughly. Drying time – according to instructions (usually 12 hours).
- Make a solution by mixing the ingredients for the solution.
Attention! The volume of the components is calibrated at the factory, therefore they should be mixed in full without residues.
- Apply the composition to the wall prepared with a mesh with a metal spatula with a layer of 1–2 mm, carefully leveling the base.
- After application, smooth with a spatula, structure. Depending on the intended purpose (finish texture), apply subsequent mortar-based finishing coats.
On request, the wall is additionally covered with acrylic wax – this gives a smooth surface and protects against moisture and dust.
The surface obtained as a result of such a finish has a service life of 50 years, and in harsh conditions. These compounds are used for cladding countertops, park benches and railings, bathtubs and pools, outdoor decoration.
Master class from the manufacturer on video
The previous heavy-duty plaster is positioned as the main layer. Marble plaster is a liquid wallpaper and base in one layer. The wall for it must be prepared in the same way – leveled, dust-free and degreased. The composition of this material is simpler than microcement, but it is distinguished by a large aggregate – marble chips, from which it got its name.
Preparation and application of the solution
Any “marble” composition has its own color and shade. Therefore, the manufacturer recommends choosing an appropriate primer prior to application so that the color of the base does not conflict with the color of the finish. Primer and plaster must be of the same manufacturer.
The package includes:
- mass of marble chips (can be in the form of dough or dry);
- astringent (usually liquid 0.1 l per 1 kg of crumbs).
The contents of the plaster kit (buckets and jars) must be combined in one container and mixed until smooth and the density adjusted with water.
Attention! During the first batch, try the composition for consistency in a test area. It is impossible to remove moisture from the solution.
The mortar is applied 1–2 crumbs thick. During the drying process, it can be smoothed out – this gives the surface a gloss. Consumption for 1 m – 3.5 kg for coarse, 3 kg for medium and 2 kg for small chips.
Video tutorial from the manufacturer – how to apply marble plaster
Table. Prices for marble plaster
Brand Release form Price per unit, cu e. Bayramix Saftas Kalyn 850 Bucket 20 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 50 Bayramix 060 Bucket 20 kg (set for 6-8 2) 48 Bayramix I-STONE Bucket 15 kg (set for 4-6 m2) 35 Bayramix Mineral Gold GN 049 Bucket 25 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 66 Bayramix Luxury L 1000 Bucket 20 kg (set for 4-6 m2) 66 Bayramix Mineral Bucket 25 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 60 Bayranix saftas Bucket 20 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 56 Bayramix Makromineral Bucket 20 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 46 Prorab Mineralite Bucket 12 kg (set for 4-8 m2) 26 Ceresit 10M Bucket 18 kg (set for 6-8 m2) 38 Ceresit 11M Bucket 18 kg (set for 4-6 m2) 45
Looking at modern compositions and products, we can say with confidence: the era of polymers is gaining momentum in construction. Epoxy components are introduced into the composition of literally any material – and it acquires strength and operational resistance. In the next article we will talk about how the polymer-sand composition is used for floor finishing.