- Modular cover has become airtight
- Sensor Secret Technology Description
- Coating benefits
- Scope of application
- Coating installation
- Foundation preparation
- Laying the floor covering
- Sealing Sensor Secret Flooring
- 1. Sealing of seams after assembly of the floor covering by cold welding on the seam line for PVC coverings
- 2. Applying the sealant along the parting line of the floor covering
Modular cover has become airtight
For 6 years of existence, Sensor has earned popularity among customers and contractors due to its ultra-durable performance and ease of installation. The modules are laid using a mallet according to the puzzle system, without requiring special devices and professional skills. The main advertising message that made Sensor a well-known recognizable brand was the slogan “Assemble the floor with your own hands!”.
Now, thanks to the innovative double fastening system, the cover is also airtight. You can also seal the coating on your own, without resorting to the services of expensive specialists..
Sensor Secret coverage has no analogues in the country.
“Sensor Secret’s coating has no analogues in the country,” says Igor Vikhrov, Development Director of PlastFactor, “for its development, we studied the experience of foreign manufacturers, but not just copied, but changed something, improved it, used our“ proprietary ” dovetail locking system and holographic Sensor surface texture, popular with customers “.
Sensor Secret Technology Description
The covering is assembled according to the “puzzle” system, but at the same time it has a double system of locking elements. The elements are fastened according to the “dovetail” locking scheme, and the smooth edges of the covering close the “seams”. The “front” side of the tile has a strict square shape.
The coating is sealed with a special adhesive (liquid welding). Micro doses of glue are injected into the gap between the modules. Adhesive securely holds the modules together, making the gaps tight.
Due to the selected composition of glue and the quality of Sensor Secret modules, if necessary, the coating can be disassembled without damaging the tiles.
Sensor Secret is a moisture-proof coating, and even with copious ingress of liquid, moisture will not get under the coating. Clear square shapes will successfully fit into any interior from classic to hi-tech style. Like all coatings of the Sensor series, the coating is resistant to any loads, maneuvers of production and warehouse equipment. The coating is easily dismantled and retains all its qualities when re-installed.
Scope of application
Sensor Secret is suitable for all types of industrial, commercial and residential applications. This type of coating is ideal for rooms where moisture can get on the floors, and you need to prevent it from getting under the covering..
- Grocery warehouses, shops and supermarkets.
- Childcare facilities (corridors, pool and shower areas).
- Gyms, fitness centers, spa-salons (corridors and changing rooms).
- Living quarters (corridor, kitchen, auxiliary heated rooms).
Sensor Secret coatings are designed for indoor use. The room and Sensor Secret modules must be conditioned at a constant temperature for 24 hours before starting work. Installation must be carried out at the same temperature.
- Align the surface.
- Fill existing voids and cracks with grout.
- Clean the bases from sand, dust and other dirt.
Laying the floor covering
- Better to lay from the center or from the far corner.
- It is recommended to leave a 5-10 mm gap near the walls under the plinth to prevent deformation of the coating during thermal expansion.
- For modules adjacent to the wall, the locking elements are removed with a jigsaw or a carpenter’s knife. To adjust the flooring to the size of the room, cut the required amount of material from the side modules.
- Install Sensor Secret PVC floor modules so that the corners with the arrow-shaped lock point to the same direction.
- It is recommended to stick the coating to the surface if it is located near heat sources, on inclined surfaces, or in a room where heavy equipment will be moving. The manufacturer recommends gluing with Forbo Euromix PU 144 glue.
Sealing Sensor Secret Flooring
There are two ways to seal the flooring seams..
1. Sealing of seams after assembly of the floor covering by cold welding on the seam line for PVC coverings
This method is recommended as the fastest and most practical, since after connecting the modules using Forbo Noviweld 671 liquid welding, they can be disassembled, if necessary, without damaging the coating.
Cold welding is a special compound in the form of a mixture of solvents and PVC. When cold welding is applied, the edges of the coatings are melted and connected to each other in the form of a sealed seam. Sealing of joints should be carried out at an indoor temperature below + 15? С.
|You must first assemble the flooring.|
|Fasten the locking elements with a mallet.|
|And then apply cold welding to the seam. For the most efficient and economical use of liquid, the Forbo Noviweld 671 tube is equipped with a special dosing needle.|
|This is how the cold welding of the edges of the coating looks like. The result is an airtight floor covering that can be disassembled if necessary (the cold welded seam can be torn apart when the flooring is removed by applying some force).|
2. Applying the sealant along the parting line of the floor covering
The method is recommended for use in places with constant abundant ingress of moisture on the floors, the coating thus spreads once and does not disassemble.
As a sealant, you can use silicone sealants, polyurethane adhesives, or an adhesive used for gluing floor coverings to the substrate. Laying of floor covering with sealing of seams at indoor temperatures below + 15 ° C is not allowed.
|Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the edges of the coating evenly without gaps.|
|Assemble the covering according to the “puzzle” system, joining the elements from the corner lock.|
|Use a mallet to secure the fasteners of the locking elements. The result is a sealed, one-piece floor covering.|
There is also a third method of sealing. This is a combination of Method 1 and Method 2. In this case, we get the maximum result.
I would especially like to note the option of using cold welding Forbo Noviweld 671 in both methods. In this case, we get an almost monolithic, sealed, extra strong floor covering.
The operation of the floor covering can be started after the sealant is completely dry (the drying time is determined according to the instructions for the selected sealant).
Important! It is recommended that you test the seal on a small area of the floor covering to select the most suitable sealing method for you..