In this article, Our Tips Site will tell you about a new type of finish flooring like quartz laminate. Consider what is its main difference from a conventional laminate, what advantages it has. Of course, we will also touch on the disadvantages of this flooring..
Thanks to the portal, you already know about the features of quartz wallpaper. Now let’s talk about quartz-based flooring.
The second name for quartz laminate is SPC board. Its density is 2000 kg / m3. Such a laminate consists of the following layers:
- Ground stone and virgin vinyl. At the same time, stone chips make up about 75% of this entire layer. No adhesives are used, the material is produced by means of hot pressure. In the same layer, there are locks to connect the dies to each other..
- Next comes a decorative film that imitates stone or wood.
- The third layer is vinyl, which is responsible for durability.
- And the last layer is PU-varnish, which additionally protects the laminate from abrasion and sunlight.
The composition and layering of quartz laminate provide it with the following numerous advantages:
- Moisture resistance. Such a floor will never have swelling due to spilled liquids, so the coating can be safely used even in the kitchen and bathroom.
- No risk of distortions and cracks.
- Manufacturers give a 25-year warranty.
- Thanks to the locks, laying the laminate is quick and easy, a layman can handle.
- High performance of sound insulation.
- Can be installed on different underfloor heating systems.
- Not afraid of scratches, including from animal claws.
- Easy to clean, easy to clean, does not absorb liquids or stains.
- High rates of fire resistance.
- Looks very beautiful, successfully imitates natural wood and stone.
- Can be used on walls, for example, in a hallway or a bathroom – it will turn out to be very practical and durable.
- Environmentally friendly material, safe for all inhabitants of an apartment or house.
Important! In terms of strength, quartz laminate is comparable to the most expensive and durable conventional class 34 laminate.
Quartz laminate also has disadvantages:
- High price. A square meter of such a floor covering will cost 1500-1700 rubles.
- Material is not flexible.
- It is important to prepare the base very carefully for installation. Grains of sand and small debris can lead to the fact that the coating begins to creak, it will be damaged from below during operation.
- The high density is the reason for the solid weight of the dies. Hard to transport.
- There are many fakes on the market. A low-quality quartz laminate does not have all of the above advantages.
The most popular manufacturers of quartz laminate in our country are Fargo, Art Tile, FineFloor, Art East, AquaFloor, Vinilam and Tarkett. Installation is carried out on a prepared, flat base; manufacturers advise using either a cork or extruded polystyrene foam with a thickness of at least 1.5 millimeters as a substrate. The flooring will be floating, no glue or self-tapping screws are needed to install the quartz laminate. Remember to leave a gap of at least 6 millimeters from the wall. After installing the laminate, this gap will be hidden by the baseboard. By the way, many manufacturers offer skirting boards complete with a laminate so that they fit together perfectly.