A shower in the bathroom is a huge savings. And water, and the time that you do not have to spend to get a bathroom, and space in the room. Our tips site will answer questions related to choosing a shower tray. Here are some expert tips to help you make the right choice for this important part of the shower..
The first thing to do is to choose a place where a shower stall or just a shower tray will stand. Few can boast of a bathroom so large that the shower can be installed in the center. Most often it takes place in the corner. Therefore, the most popular shower trays are square or semicircular – especially for corner installations..
Important! Installing a shower in the corner allows you to save on the walls – the side ones are no longer needed, you only need an entrance door, which can be replaced with a curtain for economy.
The second important issue is size. Standard for small bathrooms – 60×60 centimeters. There are bigger models – 90×90 centimeters. Option 120×100 centimeters already for spacious rooms, but such a shower can be taken together.
An equally important pallet size is depth. It can be as little as 1–4 centimeters, these pallets are the smallest. They are convenient for older homeowners, because there is practically no need to step over the sill. The average depth is 5 to 20 centimeters. In such a tray, you can already seat a child, steam your legs and wash the laundry. Deep ones – up to 70 centimeters – can actually replace a bath, they can sit in water, wash and wash the dog. You choose, it all depends on what functions you want to see in your soul.
The third very important question is the material of the shower tray. The following options are presented on the market today:
- Enamelled steel. Inexpensive material, but such a pallet will be very “loud”, the noise of the water will increase, there will literally be a rumble. In addition, steel pallets are slow to heat up and do not keep warm for long, feet may be cool.
- Plastic. A very affordable and therefore popular choice. But plastic is slippery, looks cheap, is easy to scratch, and limescale and other dirt is difficult to remove..
- Acrylic. It continues to gain popularity. The material is of average price, durable, does not make noise, looks beautiful, is easy to clean. True, it is easily scratched, but such defects on the pallet can be removed with fine-grained sandpaper.
- Ceramics. This is already an expensive option, but such pallets are very beautiful, do not make noise, there is a choice of colors and shapes. However, the ceramic tray is easily damaged by simply dropping the shower head, the material is cold.
- Artificial stone, quartzite. Great choice. The material is resistant, durable, warm, easy to clean, looks stylish. But these pallets are expensive and weigh a lot.
- Cast iron. Very durable pallets that retain heat for a long time. But such heavy models are not very popular today and are on sale less and less..
Occasionally, most often to order, shower trays are made of natural stone, wood and glass. It is expensive and not very practical, although it certainly looks original..
The issue of security is also very important. From this point of view, you should choose shower trays with a corrugated surface. Acrylic and artificial stone are rough, therefore they are considered the safest. On a plastic pallet, relief is a prerequisite, otherwise the risk of slipping increases dramatically. Special rugs, which are attached to the bottom of the pallet and prevent slipping, will help to solve these issues. But these rugs need to be dried to avoid high humidity and unpleasant odor of dampness. In addition, dirt accumulates on them, you need to regularly rinse thoroughly.
The cost of shower trays can be very different, it all depends on the size and materials. The cheapest plastic ones cost from 2 thousand rubles, acrylic – about 4 thousand rubles, the cost of ceramic can reach 20 thousand rubles. Be sure to pay attention to whether a siphon comes with a shower tray – you definitely cannot do without it. How to install a shower cabin with your own hands, the portal has already written.