Among all projects of private houses, buildings with a through entrance stand out especially and always look original. Our site of advice will show you photo examples of such houses, will try to figure out what advantages a pass-through entrance gives, in which cases it is justified and even necessary.
Let’s think about in what cases a through entrance dividing a building or a complex of buildings into two parts becomes useful, functional and at the same time an attractive addition to the project:
- The house has a guest and a host area, such an entrance separates them from each other;
- The garage is adjacent to the house. The portal wrote in detail about the pros and cons of arranging a garage in the house and separately. So, the through passage eliminates the disadvantages of the location of the parking lot for the car in the immediate vicinity of the living rooms;
- The house is built on a site with a difficult terrain, a slope, a through passage in the lower part allows you to solve the problem of moving along it;
- The owners want to arrange a seating area between the halves of the house, so that there are walls on both sides and a roof. It will be very convenient and pleasant to spend time here in the summer. You will get a cozy summer dining room next to the kitchen;
- The house is adjoined, for example, by a workshop or the owner’s office, who needs privacy, but at the same time a convenient passage to the residential part of the building;
- I don’t want to hide a beautiful view with a solid facade, the owners decide to make a “frame” for it thanks to the through passage;
- The house is designed for permanent residence of two or three generations of the family;
- Bathhouse adjoins the house.
As you can see, there are many cases when a through passage becomes a functional part of the project. In addition, we repeat, it looks beautiful, unusual, distinguishes the house from its neighbors..
In Western countries such roof passages between two parts of a house or separate buildings are called breezeway, that is, “wind path”. Very romantic, agree. As you noticed in the photos presented by us, such passages are often glazed on both sides, doors are installed. For the Russian climate, this is the best option, because the wind in a narrow passage will really walk and in winter it will be inconvenient to use.