If there is an opportunity to allocate some space on your site, then this idea is just for you. A great addition for celebrations, weekends or just social gatherings with barbecues and entertainment. You can easily organize competitions among friends and neighbors.
Let’s start with a list of materials and tools that will be required to build a bowling alley..
- floorboard (preferably with grooves and flat);
- board 150–25 (30) mm (preferably treated with protective equipment);
- plywood sheet, 12–16 mm thick;
- wooden slats 25×30 mm or 25×50 mm;
- black self-tapping screws for wood 6×100 6×75 and 6×35;
- self-tapping hooks;
- rope 10 mm and rope;
- lighting devices (lamps with sockets or LED strips with a power supply).
Of the tools you will need:
- saw or jigsaw;
- roulette and level;
- drill or screwdriver;
- wood drills – regular and feather, with a diameter of 18 mm.
The presented pictures show in detail the design of the bowling track. From all angles, you can group together a complete idea of how to assemble it in your own backyard.
You can use hardwood, lining or even laminate as the top cover of the track, as long as there are no gaps between the elements. You can use a grinder. Although, as you can see, the original track is not particularly smooth – maybe in order to facilitate the game, because all this is for entertainment.
Pins on this track are easy to install – just pull the rope pulled along the entire structure, and they will fall into place. The balls always return to the place of throw, if in the chamber with pins and the back edge along the floor is made slightly with a slope to one side.