Let’s immediately note that horizontal bars are different:
- As a rule, the dimensions of sports horizontal bars are 240 cm height, 30 cm thickness of the crossbar. On such horizontal bars, you can work out various sports elements. The height of the crossbar for children and adolescents is made slightly lower.
- Home horizontal bars. Can be very different, for example, as part of a children’s sports corner, can be mounted in a doorway, ceiling or wall.
- Outdoor horizontal bars. They can represent an ordinary crossbar, a cascade of several horizontal bars, differing in height, hand bars, parallel bars … That is, all such simulators that can be used simply on the street in order to improve your physical fitness.
The most reliable is a horizontal bar made of metal. The pillars are concreted into the ground, the structure takes up little space, and the use of paint on metal allows you to refine the sports facility.
When choosing a place for a horizontal bar, you should be guided by the following principles:
- Away from walls and fences, pillars that you can hit when jumping.
- The area must be level.
- You should definitely think about a special coating below, like on a playground, if not, a regular lawn will do, and asphalt and concrete are undesirable.
- It is advisable that the horizontal bar is not in shaded places, for example, in the shade of trees.
The simplest and cheapest option is a horizontal bar between trees. Or high tree stumps. All you need is a strong metal pipe, which must be attached to the trunks, preferably so that the tree is not seriously damaged. You should take care that the branches do not interfere with sports activities and the horizontal bar is ready.
For the simplest metal horizontal bar, you need 3.5 m long posts with a diameter of 80–100 mm. Also a crossbar up to 1.5 m wide and 30–35 mm in diameter. The size of the horizontal bar is for adults, and for children, both lower racks and pipes of a smaller diameter are needed. The racks are buried or driven into the ground by about a meter and concreted. For mounting the crossbar, a welding machine is required, and for fitting parts and trimming, a grinder.
Of course, you can save on metal. If you do not have suitable trees on the site, in order to equip a horizontal bar with minimal effort, you can use beams, logs, sawn tree trunks without processing as supports-supports. Of course, it is still better to make the crossbar itself metal, because it will last much longer, but in general, you can install a wooden horizontal bar by processing the wood to extend its service on the street.
Often, the horizontal bar can be combined with a pergola or arch on the site, adding a little sports paraphernalia to the decorative elements and structures to support the climbing plants.
The main thing is that an object appears on your site that allows you to improve your physical condition, go in for sports.