Perhaps not everyone will agree with us, but Our site of advice is sure that you can handle almost any work in the field of construction and repair yourself. The main thing is to study the issue, use the advice of professionals and stock up on the necessary tools. Let’s talk about bricklaying fixtures.
Immediately, we note that you can buy all the tools and accessories for self-laying bricks in a regular hardware store. And they are inexpensive. Professionals sometimes use self-made devices that help them to cope with work more efficiently and, as they say, are “sharpened” under the hand of a particular master.
We list everything that you need to lay a brick:
- Trowel or trowel. Just a flat-faced spatula to apply the mortar to the blocks. It is with a trowel that the composition is not only applied, but also distributed over the surface. The trowel also helps to remove excess mortar;
- Joining. The handle is almost the same as that of the trowel, most often made of wood. But the scapula itself is very narrow. The tool is designed to form seams between bricks, helps to make them neat, uniform, and remove excess mortar. The jointing can be convex and concave, you need to think about which one will be more convenient to work with on your object. We advise you to buy both options to try in practice;
- Building level. How without him! It is necessary to check the evenness of the masonry. Laser levels, of course, are more expensive than bubble levels, but they are easier to use. A rule will help you make sure that everything is in order with the front plane of the brickwork;
- The mason’s hammer, aka a pick. It will be required to cut the bricks, give them the desired shape and size. You also need a mallet, that is, a rubber hammer, it is convenient for them to level the masonry before the mortar has frozen. However, experts often simply use the trowel handle for this purpose;
- Plumb line. If a bubble building level is needed in order to establish the evenness of horizontal surfaces, then the vertical ones are checked with an ordinary plumb line – a load in the form of a bullet or a cone on an inelastic thread;
- Pier. Just nylon or other weakly stretching, strong thread, which is attached with special or home-made corners, hairpins and serves as a guide for the evenness of the masonry for the master;
- Reiki, templates – all devices that help to check the conformity of the shape of the structure. By the way, it is the templates that many professionals make themselves, from a sheet of plywood, metal or a plastic box;
- Cuvettes, ordering dispensers and complex dispensers are devices that allow you to control the amount of solution and immediately give the required thickness and width to the joint between bricks.
Of course, do not forget that you need a concrete mixer or just a container for mixing mortar, a shovel and a bucket to transfer the composition to the masonry site. We are sure that you need not remind you that you need work clothes and, very desirable, gloves..
In order to better understand the issue of self-laying bricks, we advise you to re-read the article on the portal on the construction of a brick partition.