Such a high-precision engineering device as a level cannot work correctly without a high-quality, reliable tripod. In this article, our site of advice will find out what tripods for laser levels are, what criteria should be followed when choosing this useful equipment.
The portal told you what leveling is in construction, how to choose a laser level and use it correctly on a construction site and during repairs. However, the level is often sold separately, without a tripod. And the owners have to choose it themselves in order to carry out the most accurate measurements..
Let’s start with the material from which a level tripod can be made:
- aluminum-based alloys;
Experts call wooden tripods the most practical and in demand. They will not interfere with measurements with laser beams, even in an area under the hot summer sun and at elevated temperatures..
Important! If measurements are taken in conditions of increased complexity, aluminum tripods should not be used. They can falsify measurements due to thermal expansion..
Steel tripods are very reliable, but weigh a lot, which can complicate the work with the equipment.
There are three main types of laser level tripods:
- Geodetic universal. There is a thread at the top to fix the level. The advantages of such equipment include versatility of use, an extensive work area, the ability to build clear lines and get accurate measurements. With universal geodetic tripods, you can work both inside the house and on the site;
- Elevational. Designed for levels with heavy weight. These tripods have a crank arm with a handle that allows you to precisely adjust the height of the device;
- Photo tripod. The lightest type of such equipment can be used with both rangefinders and levels. Lightweight, mobile, easy to use, tilt angle adjustable. At the same time, it is not recommended to use photo tripods on the street – they have fixed rubber pads on their legs, and their low weight leads to poor stability in the wind.
Important! A rod can be an alternative to the level on a tripod, but it can only be used indoors..
When choosing a tripod for a laser level, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Height and the ability to adjust it. Devices with a height of 1 and 1.5 meters are most in demand. Separate elevation tripods allow you to raise the level to a height of 3.5 meters, which may be required when measuring the ceiling in a high room;
- The presence of a case and a case with a strap to make the tripod easy to move and conveniently store;
- The presence of additional rubber pads on the legs to put on during indoor use. And sharp points to fix the tripod in the ground while working on the site;
- Product weight. The lightest models weigh up to 4 kilograms, but these are non-professional tripods, they can be unstable, and have a limited scope of use. Universal models weigh from 5 to 7.5 kilograms, they are most in demand.
The price of tripods for levels will be very different, it depends on the manufacturer, size, availability of additional features, material of manufacture. There are tripods at a price of 500-900 rubles, and there are models, for example, from the well-known manufacturer of Bosch tools, which cost more than 3 thousand rubles. Also popular in our country are tripods of the brands Elitech, Condtrol, ADA, “Praktika”.
We state: a home craftsman who decides to make repairs with his own hands will be quite satisfied with light wooden and aluminum tripods with clips. Stable, heavy equipment is suitable for professionals. If the level has a compensator, it can be mounted on any tripod.