The content of the article
- What vegetables are added to the salad in Armenian for the winter
- Eggplant recipes for the winter
- The classic Armenian eggplant appetizer recipe for winter
- Eggplant appetizer recipe for winter with cilantro and citron
- Armenian eggplant caviar
- Armenian eggplant appetizer with apples
If you are interested in where you can taste the most delicious, unusual and memorable eggplant dishes, you should look into the Armenian cuisine. Stuffed, fried, stewed, with nuts, fruits, herbs – here blueies love to cook and know how. How to preserve eggplant according to the traditions of the neighboring countries and what are the features of this cuisine?
What vegetables are added to the salad in Armenian for the winter
The classic recipe for the cuisine of Transcaucasia implies the use of aromatic, spicy, warming spices, among which are necessarily present:
Of the vegetables in most recipes, you can find tomatoes or tomato paste, which is mainly prepared independently. Armenian cuisine is a large number of meat dishes, and vegetable salads are necessarily highly nutritious. You can not ignore the high proportion of salt in each recipe, excluding baking. For eggplant salad, it is advisable to use:
- red peppers;
Eggplant recipes for the winter
The ideas of dishes collected in this block in Armenian belong to different categories: you will find here light snacks, hearty side dishes, and salads, and some of them may even be a variant of a not too heavy dinner or snack. Armenian-style eggplant stews for the winter have several subtleties that are not always indicated in recipes:
- If you want to keep the shape of blue, you need to leave them a skin, otherwise the flesh will quickly spread.
- For long-term meals, it is imperative to eliminate the stalk of the eggplant.
- Armenian cuisine is interesting in unusual combinations: you can add nuts and apples to eggplants.
The classic Armenian eggplant appetizer recipe for winter
This dish has many fans. Fast to prepare, simple in a set of ingredients, with an incredible taste that adapts to any product – it successfully complements every table. Among the main components – only eggplant, which is stuffed with herbs. According to this recipe, you can not only prepare a snack for the winter, but also make an instant meal.
- eggplant (small – if for winter) – 1.2 kg;
- bell peppers – 3 pcs.;
- a bunch of parsley;
- head of young garlic;
- vegetable oil – 4 glasses;
- vinegar – 2 tbsp. l .;
- hops-suneli, salt, pepper – 1 tsp each.
Each housewife is able to cook such eggplants in Armenian style for the winter:
- Wash the blue ones, get rid of the stalks. To soak the surface with a cloth moistened with oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for half an hour. Oven temperature – 170 degrees.
- Grind washed peppers, drive the garlic cloves through a press. Greens break manually.
- Combine the listed ingredients in a deep bowl, pour with vinegar, season the suneli hops. Pickle a quarter of an hour.
- Make eggplant boats by cutting each fruit lengthwise. Remove part of the flesh to form a cavity.
- Put the filling inward so that it does not look outward. Salt, add pepper.
- Each eggplant boat needs to be tied with a thread, folded into a deep bowl. Pour with vegetable oil, identify the lid on top. The dish should be infused in the cold for 5 days.
- After eggplant vertically stacked on banks that have previously been sterilized. Close and clean for winter storage.
Eggplant appetizer recipe for winter with cilantro and citron
The dish is very simple, quick, without extra ingredients. A good choice for those who were looking for a simple side dish that does not interrupt the taste of the main dish. The set of spices can be changed, but it is better to leave the original, as it is perfectly balanced. The composition of the Armenian appetizer is as follows:
- eggplant – 1 kg;
- a bunch of cilantro;
- head of garlic – 1/2 pc.;
- vinegar – 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil – a glass;
- ground pepper;
- citron (savory) – 1 tsp.
The principle of preparing snacks for the winter:
- Wash and chop the eggplant.
- Fry, setting the maximum power of the burner. Lay out on a paper towel – this will eliminate excess oil.
- Grind cilantro, transfer the garlic through a press, combine with eggplant.
- Salt, sprinkle with citron, pepper. Add vinegar.
- Make oppression from the lid and heavy object, allow it to stand overnight.
- In the morning, distribute to the banks, close.
Armenian eggplant caviar
An ideal appetizer that should be prepared in large quantities. Armenian cuisine almost did not modify the traditional recipe: the taste became brighter and sharper, and the cooking technology remained the same. For a delicious Armenian home-made snack you will need:
- eggplant – 2.5 kg;
- sweet peppers – 0.4 kg;
- tomatoes – 0.3 kg;
- head of garlic;
- a bunch of dill;
- salt – 120 g + for eggplant;
- sugar – 250 g;
- vegetable oil – a glass;
- chili pepper pod.
It is easy to prepare eggplant caviar in Armenian style for the winter:
- Peel and chop the blue coarsely. Salt, leave for half an hour.
- Rinse them again, pour them into the pan. Add oil. Fry until discolored; do not use lid.
- Chop the peppers, julienne the tomatoes and grate.
- Add to eggplant, simmer with a lid for 6-7 minutes.
- Twist hot vegetables through a meat grinder or food processor.
- Introduce sugar, tarragon, chopped garlic, slices of hot pepper, salt. Mix quickly, fill cans in Armenian style caviar.
- Sterilize with a dish, close, take to the cellar.
Armenian eggplant appetizer with apples
The highlight of this preservation is not technology, but taste. Behind the primary spiciness is a sweet and sour note, and celery is very interestingly combined with blue ones. For the dish you need:
- eggplant – 2 kg;
- celery root – 100 g;
- green apples – 4 pcs.;
- garlic cloves – 5 pcs.;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- vinegar – 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil.
Harvesting delicious eggplants in Armenian style for the winter, guided by this recipe, is simple:
- Grind celery root, fry until golden brown.
- Cut apples coarsely, add to the same. Stew for several minutes until soft.
- Wash eggplant, chop into cubes (the skin is preserved). Salt.
- After half an hour, rinse the little blue ones, add to the celery with apples. Pour more oil and half a glass of water. Quench a quarter of an hour.
- Peel the tomatoes, knead them with a fork. Add winter snacks to the rest.
- Salt, add coriander and chopped parsley. Turn off the stove.
- Add sugar last, mix well to disperse granules.
- Distribute the whole mass into cans, drip vinegar into each. Roll up the covers.