The content of the article
- How to cook pumpkin in the oven with honey
- Baked pumpkin recipes with honey
- With apples
- Whole pumpkin in the oven with honey
- With sugar
- With lemon
- With dried fruit
- With oranges
Autumn is the time for hot tea, a garden crop and “orange watermelons” – under this name you can often find pumpkin. On the basis of this aromatic healthy product, desserts and hearty main dishes tend to be perfect. How to bake pumpkin in the oven with honey correctly and tasty, and what additions will most interestingly reveal this product?
How to cook pumpkin in the oven with honey
The general principle of operation looks simple: chop, pour honey, send to bake. However, while cooking pumpkin in the oven with honey is a simple process, it requires knowledge of some nuances. Professionals willingly share their experience:
- If you are going to make baked pieces without additives, add a little water to them, otherwise they may dry out.
- Choose sweet varieties – then honey can be put quite a bit. For baked desserts, nutmeg pear-shaped are ideal.
- It is important to know not only “how” to cook, but also “what” – professionals recommend using ceramic small forms. However put them in a cold oven.
- You can bake a pumpkin tasty even without additives – grate it with honey, let it lie down, cook at medium temperature, preserving the juice with it.
- It is advisable to prepare thin baked slices at 175-180 degrees, thicker slices at 190. For the final browning, you can increase the temperature to 200-210 degrees.
- Pumpkin, baked with whole honey, requires careful cleaning: first, a “cap” is cut off from above, which will be a lid. Then the core with seeds is removed, but so as not to touch the flesh – the walls should remain thick.
- Serve baked pumpkin slices with cream, ice cream or nuts, as is done in Turkish cuisine..
Baked pumpkin recipes with honey
All of the options listed below are suitable not only for creating independent desserts: you can add ready-made mass to any porridge, mix with yogurt, cottage cheese, and stuff pies. After reading this section, you will understand how to cook a sweet pumpkin in the oven, whether this dish can be dietary. Professional photos that complement recipes provide you with dessert ideas.
This method of cooking “orange watermelons” is actively used by housewives to create baked toppings for pies, pies, open tarts. However, as an independent dessert, the apple-pumpkin mixture under cinnamon does not look worse, which is confirmed by culinary photos. For sweet tooth you can pour it with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed nuts.
- pumpkin pulp – 340 g;
- green apples – 2 pcs.;
- honey – 2 tbsp. l .;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- slice of lemon.
- Finely chop pumpkin flesh, distribute along the bottom of the refractory form.
- Peel apples, core, chop in the same way. Cover them with a pumpkin layer.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, pour warm honey, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Oven temperature – 200 degrees, approximate baking time – 15-17 minutes.
- Baked pumpkin in the oven with honey and apples is ready and waiting for your tasting! Before serving, it can be supplemented with a classic ice cream or warm milk.
When the New Year holidays are approaching, the housewives begin to think about a new menu for their table, trying to find something interesting and not tried. If you haven’t figured out how to cook a pumpkin in the oven with honey and cinnamon, it’s time to correct this defect – it’s difficult to think of the best dish for the Christmas atmosphere. Serve recommended with almond petals.
- pumpkin pulp – 300 g;
- ground cinnamon – 1 tsp;
- vanilla sugar – 1 tsp;
- flower honey – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Gently salt the pumpkin slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Make a spicy mixture of cinnamon, honey, sugar. Grate every bite with this mass.
- Send back to the baking sheet, cook another 20 minutes. Check for softness – if the little bulb enters and exits easily, turn it over, brown at 200 degrees.
Whole pumpkin in the oven with honey
This mistress’s recipe is used mainly for making sweet cereal, since pumpkin baked in the oven with whole honey becomes a convenient and tasty pot. Photos of such a dish are especially winning. You can stuff it with vegetables, fruits, and pre-cooked cereals. Below is a diagram of the work for rice, but similarly any porridge will be prepared.
- large pumpkin;
- long-grain rice – 2/3 cup;
- flower honey – 3 tbsp. l .;
- butter – 45 g;
- almonds – 15 g;
- small white raisins – 1 tbsp. l.
- Lightly boil the rice – the grains should remain dense, otherwise after they completely fall apart.
- Fry the almonds until dark, chop finely.
- Make a rice-honey mixture, add butter, almonds and raisins, which must be steamed beforehand.
- Fill the pumpkin cleaned from the inside with the resulting mass, cover with the “hat” cut off earlier.
- How to bake a pumpkin in the oven as a whole? Wrap with foil, keep at 190 degrees for half an hour. After removing the foil, continue cooking for another 30-40 minutes, occasionally stirring the filler.
If you need to make a beautiful decoration for an already prepared sweet dish, you can try caramelizing pumpkin pulp. Traditional technology involves the use of sugar, but it is useless for the body. This pumpkin, baked in the oven with honey slices, has a magical taste and aroma. Keep in mind that caramelization increases the calorie content of the dish, so you should not abuse it.
- small pumpkin;
- flower honey – 3 tbsp. l .;
- butter – 50 g.
- Peel the pumpkin, leaving only the pulp. Cut it into thin (!) Slices of approximately the same size.
- Treat each of them with honey, let lie for 4-6 hours – juice should appear.
- Distribute pumpkin slices over parchment, pour over the juice that has come out. Send to bake at 185 degrees. The time depends on their thickness, so check periodically with a speck.
- When you feel that the flesh easily pierces, treat the baked pumpkin with butter, cook another 8-10 minutes at 200 degrees.
This dish is an excellent substitute for sweets and factory desserts, especially for a child. You can’t name a dietary pumpkin with sugar and honey in the oven, since a sweet component is present, the glycemic index is high, but the components of the recipe are mostly useful. It’s better to eat a slice of this baked pumpkin with nuts topped with than a cake.
- small pumpkin;
- nuts (preferably walnuts) – half a glass;
- brown sugar – 2 tbsp. l .;
- butter – 15 g;
- honey – 2 tbsp. l.
- After removing the seeds, fiber and peel, cut the pumpkin vertically into long slices. Try to keep their flesh thickness relatively even. In width, it is desirable to leave them within 2-3 cm.
- Spread slices sideways on a deep baking sheet, keeping a small distance. Pour half a glass of water, otherwise the pumpkin will burn.
- Cover with foil. The optimum temperature is 190 degrees. Baked slices will be ready in 20-25 minutes.
- Make a honey-oil “glaze” by warming these ingredients. Pour sugar, wait until it dissolves. Add crushed nuts.
- Pour slices with this mass, bake without foil for another quarter hour.
The combination of the sweet taste of nutmeg and light bitterness of sour lemon creates a wonderful tandem that can be used for desserts and side dishes. A gentle pumpkin with honey and lemon in the oven, cooked according to this recipe, resembles porridge and does not lose in satiety. If you wish, you can use not only lemon juice – the zest and whole segments will be no worse. It is desirable to cook in ceramic form. Mandatory with a cover.
- pumpkin pulp – 0.7 kg;
- prunes – a handful;
- honey – 3 tbsp. l .;
- butter – 10 g;
- small lemon;
- vanilla – a pinch.
- Cut the peeled pulp into slices 3-4 cm long and wide. Try to keep them the same – this will help to quickly cook evenly.
- Steaming prunes, dousing several times with boiling water. He will be ready for work in about half an hour. Wash and cut into quarters.
- Combine both ingredients, add a pinch of vanilla. Arrange pieces of soft oil, pour with honey and lemon liquid.
- Mix well the constituent dishes, pour into any heat-resistant form.
- Cook baked dessert at 185 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and hold in the oven (on!) For another quarter hour.
With dried fruit
When you want something simple, but tasty and sweet, a cottage cheese casserole often comes to mind. If you combine it with a pumpkin, you get a magical dish that affects the degree of its benefits to the body. This fragrant and satisfying pumpkin with honey and dried fruits in the oven will appeal even to children who do not like cottage cheese. Be sure to try this recipe.!
- small pumpkin;
- curd mass – 200 g;
- long white raisins – 60 g;
- dried apricots – 18-20 pcs.;
- prunes – 10-12 pcs.;
- honey – 2 tbsp. l.
- Cut the pumpkin into 4 parts, each deprive only seeds with fibers – leave the skin, otherwise the form will float.
- Dried apricots, prunes, steamed raisins. After an hour, rinse, rinse with boiling water 2-3 times. Chop finely.
- Combine with cottage cheese, pour honey. Mix well.
- Arrange on each pumpkin quarter, as a plateau.
- The baked dessert will be ready in 40 minutes if the temperature is at the level of 180-185 degrees.
About this dish I’d like to say first of all not “tasty” but “fragrant”, since the composition of orange, pumpkin, honey and ginger instantly takes you to the New Year’s atmosphere. The spicy, hot pumpkin with oranges and honey in the oven is ideal for a home evening with your family and even a festive table. In addition, it is a wonderful low-calorie dessert.
- large orange;
- pumpkin pulp – 0.5 kg;
- dark honey – 2 tbsp. l .;
- ground ginger – 1/2 tsp;
- butter – 20 g;
- 2-3 cloves of carnations.
- Sliced pumpkin pulp without crust (thick pieces) spread on parchment on a baking sheet, bake at 180 degrees. The approximate time to bring to readiness is a quarter of an hour, because she must stay tight.
- Cut the past heat-treated pieces into cubes, add honey, oil, ginger, cinnamon.
- Remove the zest from the orange and grate. Snooze.
- Slice citrus slices. Combine all ingredients..
- Bake in a pot for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature. Stir every 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with zest before serving.