The content of the article
- How to cook red fish in the oven
- How much to bake
- Red fish in the oven – recipes with photos
- In foil
- With potato
- With vegetables
- Salmon steak
- Under the marinade
- With sour cream
- Chum Steaks
- In creamy sauce
- How to bake red fish in the oven – chefs tips
Delicious fish specialties will decorate the most sophisticated festive table. Buffet canapes and sandwiches, steaks, fish fillet, lightly salted or smoked, baked in pastry – red fish is delicious in any form! Baked salmon or salmon is a real gourmet temptation.
How to cook red fish in the oven
Roasting does not require special culinary skills from the hostess: you need only high-quality fresh products and a little patience. Before baking, the fish must be cleaned, the entrails and large bones removed. You can cook whole, without additives, or fill with various additives: it can be mushrooms, cheese, mixtures of aromatic herbs, vegetables. Cooking red fish in the oven will be easy and quick if you find step-by-step recipes with photos and follow the instructions.
How much to bake
To determine the optimal baking time for any fish, you need to take into account its size, weight and variety. For example, salmon wrapped in foil is cooked for 15-20 minutes, pink salmon is 30-40, and trout is baked from 20 minutes to half an hour. To determine how much to cook fish in the oven, you need to focus on the method of preparation: baking whole (up to 50 minutes), steak or stuffed.
Red fish in the oven – recipes with photos
The most noble of all varieties of red fish is considered salmon. This fish is good in any form: it can be salted, baked in pieces, stuffed, cook steaks or barbecue. The recipe for cooking red fish in the oven is simple: salmon or salmon are cut into fillets, seasoned and baked on the grill or using foil to maximize the juiciness and taste of the product.
A hearty tasty dish will be appropriate on the festive table. The advantage of the recipe is that red fish in the foil in the oven can be baked in batches or whole. Both budget salmon and gourmet salmon, salmon, and trout are perfect (do not mix up with river trout, this is a white variety). First you need to season the fillet with spices: white pepper, rosemary, nutmeg or coriander.
- salmon – 5 steaks;
- sweet onion – 1 pc.;
- tomatoes – 300 g;
- dill, parsley – 30 g;
- spices, salt;
- some butter.
- Season the prepared fish steaks with spices and salt to taste..
- Chop onion and tomatoes into thin rings, chop finely chop dill.
- Cut a sheet of 10 by 10 centimeters from a foil roll, lightly grease.
- Put the steak on the foil, wrap the edges. Send to bake at a temperature of 180C for 20-25 minutes.
The simplest recipe for baking salmon or trout is cooking in your own juice, with a minimal addition of additional spices and seasonings. When serving, you can only lightly sprinkle the meat with lemon juice and season with coarse sea salt. Salmon fillet in the oven is cooked very quickly, this is ideal for treating unexpected guests.
- salmon – 800 g;
- pepper, salt – to taste.
- Cut the carcass of the salmon into small pieces, carefully removing the bones. If you use steaks, leave it as it is..
- Salt, pepper each bite, let it marinate. You can lightly pour lemon juice.
- Wrap the pieces in foil, place on a baking sheet slightly sprinkled with water.
- Bake salmon for 25 minutes at a temperature of 180-190C.
- When serving, unfold the foil, decorate the salmon with a slice of lemon or a sprig of greens.
If you need to quickly cook something hearty, tasty for the arrival of guests, then fish baked with potatoes is the best option. Pink salmon is a less expensive member of the salmon family, but from no less useful. You just need to cut the fillet into slices, put the potatoes, pour the sauce and bake under a delicious cheese crust.
- potatoes – 600 g;
- pink salmon – 600 g;
- butter – 50 g;
- milk – 180 ml;
- eggs – 3 pcs.;
- cheese – 120 g.
- Defrost the pink salmon carcass, clean from scales, cut into fillets. Cut it into 4-5 centimeter slices.
- Smear the form where the fish will be baked, butter, put pink salmon.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them, cut them into thin circles, put them on the pink salmon.
- Season with salt, pepper, seasonings.
- Combine the whisk with milk and eggs. Pour pink salmon with this sauce.
- Send the form with pink salmon to bake at a temperature of 180-190С for 40 minutes.
- When the dish is almost ready, sprinkle with grated cheese, sprinkle with melted butter.
For preparing a treat according to this recipe, any fish of the salmon family is suitable: chum, trout, salmon, pink salmon and others. The classic version involves the use of chum salmon – its meat is more tender, dietary, it is well suited for people who monitor their weight. A photo of chum salmon, a recipe with a description of how to cook fish properly, can be found in cookbooks. Red fish with vegetables in the oven will turn out even tastier if you sprinkle it with cheese at the final stage of baking.
- chum – 700 g;
- onions – 2-3 pcs.;
- cauliflower – 400 g;
- tomatoes – 1-2 pcs.;
- carrots – 2 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- sour cream – 180 ml;
- chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- lemon juice – 2 tsp;
- spices, dill, salt.
- Cut chum salmon into portions (bones can be left), sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Sauté each piece a little in vegetable oil until golden brown..
- Peel onions, carrots, chop finely. Sauté the vegetables in a little oil.
- Divide cauliflower into inflorescences, blanch for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill the form with fried chum salmon, put vegetables on top.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices, finely chop the dill. Add to other vegetables.
- Beat the egg with sour cream, salt. Pour the contents of the form with this sauce, evenly distribute.
- Bake chum salmon for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 180C. Sprinkle with cheese at the final stage.
Nutritionists claim that salmon is rich in polyunsaturated fats, which are extremely beneficial for our body. Cooking salmon in the oven does not take much time, and the components of the dish are simple and affordable. It is ideal to serve a treat with a side dish of vegetables and any sweet and sour or creamy sauce, then the fish will be a great holiday dish.
- salmon – 750 g;
- Provencal herbs – 25 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- onion – 1 pc.
- Rinse the finished steaks, dry on a paper towel. You can use the fillet, then the baking time will have to be reduced, otherwise it may become too dry.
- Mix Provencal herbs, salt, rub steaks on both sides with a mixture, pour lemon juice.
- Pickle fish for 15-20 minutes.
- On each piece put the onion ring, place it on a sheet of foil, wrap the edges. Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes at maximum temperature. At the last stage of cooking, expand the foil, let the fish brown.
Learn how to bake whole carp in the oven.
Fatty, tender, juicy fish fillet as if enveloped in the aromas of herbs, if properly baked salmon steak in the oven: therefore, gourmets love it so much. Lemon pepper, dried dill and parsley are good: you can buy a ready-made bag with a mixture of spices for fish dishes, especially if you are not sure about your culinary skills.
- salmon steaks – 5 pcs.;
- sea salt – 3 pinches;
- lemon black pepper – a pinch;
- dried parsley and dill – 15 g;
- Wash the steaks and pat dry on a napkin or towel..
- Rub each piece with salt, pepper, put on aluminum paper. To bake a steak, you need a foil sheet the size of a landscape page.
- Sprinkle salmon with dill and parsley, wrap the envelope.
- Bake steaks for 25 minutes. The oven must be preheated to 180C.
Under the marinade
In this way, you can cook any fish, but salmon is especially tasty. Cooking red fish in the oven does not take much time, and it is recommended to use rice with vegetables (with peas or corn, for example) for a side dish, so that the treat looks bright and elegant. In this recipe, the marinade for fish in the oven contains mustard, but you can experiment by choosing, for example, grated carrots with lots of sweet paprika.
- salmon fillet – 600 g;
- Dijon (sweet) mustard – 100 g;
- dried dill – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Provencal herbs – 1 tbsp. l .;
- olive oil – 60 ml.
- Rinse the steaks well and lay them on a paper towel..
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of foil; lightly grease it.
- Move the steaks onto a baking sheet, brush them with a mixture of olive oil and mustard on all sides.
- Sprinkle salmon with dried herbs, salt. Send the fillet to be baked at a temperature of 190C for 15-20 minutes.
With sour cream
A great recipe for when there is no time to stand at the stove. You only need to peel pink salmon, season and bring to readiness. Baked fish in sour cream is served in portions, decorated with lettuce, and it is recommended to offer vegetables and herbs for a side dish. In the same way, you can cook other types: salmon, salmon, beluga, sterlet – the result will always be delicious!
- pink salmon – 1 kg;
- spices for fish – 1-2 tbsp .;
- greens of dill and parsley – 30 g;
- sour cream – 400 g;
- garlic – 1-2 cloves;
- vegetable oil – 30 ml.
- Rinse carcass of pink salmon well, clean from scales, remove fins, head, entrails. Dry the fish inside and out with a towel.
- Cut the carcass into pieces of 3-4 centimeters.
- Rub each steak with salt and spices, leave to marinate for 5-7 minutes.
- Line the mold with foil, oil.
- Mix the garlic, sour cream, spices, salt, and let through the press. Add water if necessary so that the sauce is not too thick..
- Put the steaks on a baking sheet, pour the sauce. Bake pink salmon for 15-20 minutes at a temperature of 190C.
Often, housewives are asked how to bake red fish in the oven so that it remains juicy and retains all the nutrients. Chum salmon is a very tasty fish, and it can be prepared in a special way: with sweet and sour sauce and sesame seeds. The chum salmon steak in the oven is saturated with the aroma of honey, spices, and then sprinkled with seeds. Serve a fish dish with steamed broccoli or green beans.
- chum – 1 kg;
- honey – 2 tbsp .;
- mustard – 2 tbsp .;
- garlic – 6-7 cloves;
- soy sauce – 1 tablespoon;
- sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons;
- salt, spices to taste.
- Thoroughly mix mustard, chopped garlic, liquid honey, soy sauce, salt and seasonings. Stir the sauce well.
- Wash pre-cut chum salmon, dry, cut into neat slices 3-4 centimeters.
- Lubricate each steak with sauce on both sides. Place on foil pan.
- Bake chum salmon at a temperature of 180-190 degrees for 40 minutes. Five minutes before cooking, generously sprinkle steaks with sesame seeds.
Find out more recipes for chum salmon in the oven.
In creamy sauce
Fish in cream sauce in the oven has already become a classic of culinary art: in any restaurant in the world they know how to cook it. The cream gives tenderness and a special taste to the fish fillet, making it even more satisfying and mouth-watering. You can add chopped herbs and garlic at will, finely chopped champignons look advantageous in this dish.
- red fish fillet – 800 g;
- mustard – 1 tsp:
- cream – 250 ml;
- olive oil – 30 ml;
- dill greens – 30 g;
- peas, bay leaf – to taste;
- garlic, salt, spices – to taste.
- Rinse and cut the carcass so that it is convenient to put on a baking sheet.
- Prepare the sauce: mix cream, salt, seasonings, chopped or dry herbs. Add mustard – it will add a spicy flavor to the dish. Stir the sauce thoroughly and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- On a baking sheet greased with olive oil, lay steaks, pour in creamy sauce, add peas, bay leaves.
- Send a form with fish to bake at a temperature of 180-190C for 25-40 minutes. You can leave a little sauce to serve separately.
How to bake red fish in the oven – chefs tips
Dishes from red fish in the oven are varied and mouth-watering. Only one species of delicious fish can be counted more than a hundred. Cutlets, casseroles, dishes in the sleeve, and famous steaks are prepared from it. Salmon and salmon are often baked with a variety of marinades, sauces, served with vegetables and delicious side dishes..
To make red fish in the oven especially tasty, you need to know some of the secrets of chefs:
- Give preference not to frozen, but chilled fish – it will turn out juicier and tastier.
- Salmon, trout, salmon can be fried, diced in flour, but it is best to serve them baked.
- If you want to add more acid to the salmon or trout sauce or marinade, add some white wine or lemon juice. Some will prefer to make it with a drop of vinegar.
- Do not keep steaks and fillets for too long in the oven – they will be dry and tasteless. It should take no more than 25 minutes to cook, no more than an hour for a whole carcass.
Learn more recipes for baking fish in the oven.