The content of the article
- How to make blackcurrant blanks for the winter
- How to prepare cans for canning
- How to wipe blackcurrant with sugar
- What lids to close currant jam
- Sugar blackcurrant recipe
Such a tasty and very healthy berry, like blackcurrant, is familiar to everyone. From it you can cook the most varied and very simple recipes to execute. This is an invaluable storehouse of vitamins, but fresh berries are not stored for too long. The blackcurrant, crushed with sugar, prepared for the winter is very tasty..
How to make blackcurrant blanks for the winter
Blackcurrant, mashed with sugar for the winter, will retain all the beneficial qualities, vitamins and unique taste. Such a delicacy is loved not only by children, but also by adults, because it is a wonderful dessert. Thanks to the proper processing, the berry retains much more beneficial properties and trace elements. This is its main advantage over the heat treatment, which is used to make jam. For storage of currants, the basement on the site, a cold room, is suitable, but the indoor option for placing cans is also acceptable.
How to prepare cans for canning
This is the first and most important stage, because the duration of storage of the workpiece depends on how well the process is performed. Before sterilizing containers, you will need to perform the following steps:
- A can is taken and carefully inspected for chips or cracks, then it is washed thoroughly.
- It is very convenient to use containers with screw caps, which are necessarily tried on to the neck. If it does not fit snugly, the workpiece will quickly deteriorate..
- When using simple seaming covers, make sure that there is no rust on their inside, that there is a good rubber gasket.
- If a modern detergent is to be used to wash cans, the rinsing process must be very thorough so that the glass becomes perfectly clean..
If you make blackcurrant, mashed with sugar for the winter, you may need to sterilize the cans, which is done according to the following scheme:
- a deep pan must be filled with clean water, left on the stove (the most intense fire is turned on) until it boils;
- a metal sieve or a special stand, grill is placed on top;
- a can is placed on the sieve (the vessel must be perfectly clean), left for a certain time (10-12 minutes).
You can use the dry sterilization method:
- the oven turns on, the temperature is set at 160 ° C;
- a clean jar is placed inside and left for 10-11 minutes;
- a towel is taken so as not to get burned, the can is carefully taken out after a specified period of time.
How to wipe blackcurrant with sugar
Blackcurrant, wiped with sugar for the winter, is light and easy to prepare, but it requires a variety of kitchen utensils:
- a blender, a pusher, a meat grinder – these devices will help to chop blackcurrant berries, and the resulting mashed potatoes will become homogeneous;
- freezer – as a storage place;
- pan – if you plan to cook jam;
- fine sieve – you need to grind the berries to remove all the bones.
What lids to close currant jam
For the winter, blackcurrant with sugar is most conveniently frozen in special food containers with an airtight lid, so that it will retain its fresh taste and aroma longer. It is best to roll up in glass jars using different lid options:
- simple metal – is fixed using a special machine, so the storage of goodies is possible for several years;
- with a twist – this type of lid is suitable for certain cans.
Sugar blackcurrant recipe
If you need to save as many vitamins as possible, you should use the following recipe, according to which blackcurrant is prepared, mashed with sugar for the winter. Depending on where the treat is stored, the amount of sweet ingredient used will be determined. For example, if it is a cold cellar, approximately 1.75 kg will be needed, and when a healthy dessert is planned to be left at room temperature, its amount will increase significantly.
- blackcurrant (ripe berries) – about 1 kg;
- granulated sugar – 1.75-2.2 kg.
- First you need to rinse the berries well, removing the stalks and leaves.
- Then the product should be laid out on a paper towel, covered with it on top to remove excess moisture.
- Berries are transferred to a plastic or enamel bowl, and on top of them must be filled with sugar.
- Using a meat grinder or blender, it is important to mix everything thoroughly. It’s best to choose a wooden pusher, because it is proved that vitamin C is destroyed as a result of contact with the metal.
- The grated berries are covered with a clean towel, then left for a couple of days so that the sugar completely dissolves. If the mass is interfered periodically, this process will be slightly accelerated, but fermentation must not be allowed..
- The finished composition is important to pour on dry banks, stepping about 3-5 cm from the edges.
- Pour 2 cm of sugar on top. Capacities are closed with dry and boiled nylon caps..
- Cooked black currants for winter can be stored in a refrigerator, pantry or basement.
To prepare blackcurrants for winter, a method is used in which the product is even more profitable and healthy than five-minute jam:
- Pre-picked and prepared berries are poured into a dry and deep container.
- A layer of sugar is poured on top.
- Using a blender or pusher, the mixture is ground until a puree composition is obtained.
- The finished mass is left to well infused (60-90 min.).
- Sweet mixes overflow into clean plastic food containers with hermetically sealed lids..
- Closed containers with raw (not boiled) mass are placed in the freezer.
- If it is not possible to use such containers, then the sweet composition is recommended to be poured into disposable plastic cups. When the liquid freezes, you need to wrap the workpiece in a layer of cling film to prevent it from getting inside the winter cold – otherwise the whole tasty winter dish will simply dry.