The content of the article
- How to make Caesar dressing
- Caesar sauce at home – recipe
- Caesar Chicken Salad Sauce
- Mustard dressing
- With mayonnaise
- With sour cream
- With shrimps
- Simple recipe
- With anchovies
- Without anchovies
- No eggs
- Caesar salad dressing at home – cooking secrets
The popular Caesar salad will not have such an attractive taste if made without sauce. Replacing at least one component in the composition of the dressing, you can radically make the taste of the whole dish different. Learn about the variety of options on how to make Caesar dressing using the recipes and photos provided..
How to make Caesar dressing
An Italian by origin, restaurateur Caesar Cardini gave birth to a new direction in cooking, by chance, mixing for a salad a scarce selection of products available at that time in the kitchen. Born at the hands of the master, a new sauce for an ordinary salad of greens, cheese, crackers, white bread, was to the taste of many and quickly gained popularity.
Having decided to pamper your loved ones with a delicious salad, make a choice of sauce in advance. Dressing for Caesar at home is not difficult to prepare. The minimum set of products will be similar for many recipes. Changing the composition of the ingredients, the taste of Caesar salad will acquire special notes. Cooking a gas station takes the minimum time and in its complexity can be done by a hostess of any level.
Caesar sauce at home – recipe
Fans of a popular salad are encouraged to try making it at home. The secret of taste is properly prepared dressing, which is an integral part. Save the basic classic step-by-step recipe for Caesar salad sauce, from which you can push off to create masterpieces of appetizers. Remember the compatibility of products, based on the basic composition of the salad (chicken, seafood). How to prepare a dressing for Caesar at home, learn from recommended recipes.
To make a real classic Caesar sauce, you have to stock up on a special component. Following old recipes, a Worcester must be present as part of a gas station. Adding this component will give the dish an unusual taste, which is difficult to confuse with something. Following the step-by-step instructions, preparing a classic Caesar salad sauce will not be burdensome.
- extra virgin olive oil – 100-110 ml;
- Worcester sauce – 2 teaspoons;
- egg – 2 pieces;
- fresh garlic – 2 cloves;
- lemon -? part;
- pepper, salt.
- Each egg is carefully pierced with a needle from the blunt side. Dip in boiling water for a few seconds, so that the protein is slightly thickened. Peel, mash in a bowl.
- Slicing garlic cloves through a press or chop finely with a knife. Pour to the eggs.
- Squeeze the juice from the cut lemon into the resulting mixture, pour the Worcester, olive oil. Mix.
- Add salt to the homogeneous mass, ground black pepper. Optionally, enhance the aroma with a pinch of dried Mediterranean herbs..
Caesar Chicken Salad Sauce
Gourmet salad with fried or smoked chicken fillet will decorate any table. In addition to dietary meat, it must include green lettuce, chopped tomatoes (it is better to take cherry), crackers of white bread flavored with garlic, grated cheese, according to the classic recipe, parmesan is recommended. The completeness of the taste will help to feel the Caesar salad dressing with chicken, prepared according to the proposed recipe.
- olive oil with a weak aroma – half a glass;
- spicy Tabasco sauce – 2 drops;
- eggs – 2 pieces;
- lemon -? pieces
- garlic – 1 medium clove.
- Cook hard-boiled chicken eggs for 7-9 minutes. Having cooled under cold water, remove the shell. Separate the yolk from the protein, which is carefully mashed with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Add the mashed clove of garlic and a portion of Tabasco sauce to the yolk. Stir until smooth. Tabasco should be careful, it has a very sharp burning taste.
- Pour olive oil and juice squeezed from half a lemon into the same container. Stir everything again to get a smooth, lump-free consistency.
Gives the salad a pungent mustard sauce for Caesar. Dressing flavored with Worcester sauce, which has a spicy-sour taste when combined with mustard, will not leave indifferent even a gourmet who knows a lot about original dishes. Find out how to cook this simple composition by saving yourself a step-by-step recipe with a photo. Mustard dressing served separately in a gravy boat or watered salad immediately before serving.
- eggs – 3 pieces;
- fresh lemon juice -? part of the fetus;
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated – 3 tablespoons;
- olive oil – 150 ml;
- mustard mustard (better to take Dijon) – 1? tablespoons;
- garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- In raw eggs, carefully separate the yolk from the protein.
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, yolks, Parmesan cheese, sweet mustard.
- Pour in oil, mix well again.
- Salt, crushed garlic add to preference. If the crackers for salad are fried in garlic oil, then to avoid excessive pungency, reduce the amount of piquant additives.
A Worcester soy sauce bottle may not always be available in the home kitchen. Mayonnaise will be able to replace it, an abundance of trademarks of which is presented in every grocery store. The taste of the salad will change a little, but it will not get worse. Mayonnaise Caesar sauce will retain its flavor thanks to the addition of garlic and freshly squeezed lemon juice. To obtain an elastic homogeneous consistency, it is recommended to use a food processor or an electric blender.
- medium-fat mayonnaise – a full glass;
- olive oil – half a glass;
- garlic – 3 medium-sized cloves;
- juice squeezed from half a lemon;
- salt, ground pepper;
- cheese crumbs – half a glass;
- egg – 1 piece.
- Crush the garlic with the wide part of the kitchen knife and finely chop or squeeze through the garlic. Mix with raw egg yolk. Salt, add a little black pepper powder.
- Beat mayonnaise, olive oil, mashed cheese, lemon juice, adding the egg-garlic mixture.
- The resulting mayonnaise gravy for a delicious light salad should not have visible lumps.
With sour cream
Fans of dieting and everyone who follows the norm of their weight are advised to try cooking low-calorie sour cream sauce for Caesar. This dressing has a more delicate taste. Choose sour cream is better than average fat content, otherwise the consistency will be either liquid or very thick. You can replace this component with natural yogurt without additives..
- fresh sour cream 15% fat – 200 g;
- garlic – 2 medium cloves;
- mustard -? tablespoons.
- Squeeze the garlic through a chopper and mix with mustard. Salt.
- Add the sharp components to the sour cream. Beat well.
- Pour Caesar into the resulting sour cream mixture with a delicate texture.
The original sea note is given to Caesar with peeled boiled shrimps added instead of chicken meat (it is better to take large king prawns). Those who love seafood will love this type of dish. Learn how to prepare a dressing for Caesar with shrimp, learn from a step by step recipe with a photo. The number of ingredients for cooking is taken from the calculation of two servings.
- eggs – 2 pieces;
- Dijon mustard – 2 teaspoons;
- juice of half a fresh lemon;
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 cup;
- soy sauce – 2 teaspoons.
- Boil eggs in boiling water for one minute. Allow to cool at room temperature. After peeling, remove the liquid yolk and stir it with mustard and soy sauce.
- For cooking, it is better to take an original worcester with a sweet and sour spicy taste, but if one is not found, anyone who works well with shrimps will do..
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to the mixture, adding a little salt.
- Mass must be uniform.
The easiest dressing for Caesar is made from olive oil, garlic, soy sauce and egg yolks. All these components can be found in the kitchen of any housewife who likes to experiment and surprise her loved ones with new dishes. Sauce cooked in haste is suitable not only for Caesar, they can be seasoned with other types of vegetable salads.
- unrefined olive oil of the first extraction – 150 ml;
- eggs – 3 pieces;
- soy sauce – 2 tablespoons;
- garlic – 2 cloves.
- Boil soft-boiled eggs, separate the yolks and grind them with salt and garlic mass.
- Mix olive oil and soy sauce, beat thoroughly with a whisk or a blender.
- Add egg and garlic ingredients, beat again.
Continuing the marine theme, it is impossible not to mention the original Caesar sauce with anchovies. The notes of the characteristic smell of dressing will complement the taste of the dish if it includes red fish fillets. It is better to use slightly salted salmon or salmon, cut into thin, translucent strips. Seafood lovers have long loved this recipe, combining Caesar with fish.
- cheese, finely grated – 100 g;
- anchovy fillet – 10 pieces;
- dry mustard powder -? tablespoons;
- lemon juice – 3 tablespoons;
- lemon peel, finely chopped -? teaspoons;
- unrefined olive oil – 200 ml;
- garlic – 3 cloves;
- ground black pepper, salt.
- Pass the garlic through a press, mix with salt and ground pepper.
- Finely chop the cheese, anchovy fillets, lemon zest and beat with a blender or use a kitchen mortar.
- Mix the resulting mass with powdered dry mustard, lemon juice and oil, add chopped garlic.
- Stir until the mixture has a uniform consistency.
The fish version of the salad with salmon, pink salmon or salmon can be seasoned by preparing a delicious Caesar sauce without anchovies, which are not often found on sale. They can be replaced with chopped pickled gherkins (small cucumbers) or capers (the type of canned small olives taken from an unripe tree) can be taken for an elite version.
- soft feta cheese – 100 g;
- extra virgin olive oil – 150 ml;
- dry mustard – 1 tablespoon;
- egg – 1 piece;
- lemon juice – squeeze half the fruit;
- garlic, salt, ground pepper;
- gherkins or capers – 2 tablespoons.
- Using kitchen appliances, chop the pickled gherkins (capers). After adding a soft cheese, repeat the operation.
- Mix to a homogeneous state in a separate container olive oil, dry mustard, garlic paste with salt and pepper, lemon juice, raw egg yolk.
- Add pickled ingredients, stir even more thoroughly.
The original flavor of the Caesar dressing without eggs will add a small amount of honey, added to the main ingredients. The combination of sweet, spicy and spicy will bring to the dressing a special flavor and piquancy. This refueling option will suit different types of Caesar, regardless of its basic composition. This recipe should stop for someone who is worried about an egg allergy..
- extra virgin olive oil – 75 ml;
- dry mustard in powder – 1 tablespoon;
- soy sauce (preferably Worcester) – 1 tablespoon;
- liquid honey – 1 tablespoon;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- lemon juice – 2 tablespoons.
- Press garlic cloves through a press and grind with salt.
- Use a blender to mix olive oil, mustard, honey. Pour in the same sauce soy and lemon juice.
- After thorough mixing, add salted garlic paste. Beat until smooth.
Caesar salad dressing at home – cooking secrets
Without a delicious dressing, Caesar salad with chicken according to the classic simple recipe will not have its completeness. There are a few simple secrets suggested by experienced chefs. Here are the basic recommendations on how to prepare Caesar sauce in your home kitchen so that it differs little from the restaurant option:
- the sauce mixture is prepared in parallel with the salad itself; it is not recommended to store the seasoned dressing prepared in advance;
- eggs must be taken from the very first freshness, which have not yet passed the change in temperature in the refrigerator;
- vegetable oil should be used only olive, otherwise the taste will not be the same as in the original;
- beat the mixture as carefully as possible, which will affect not only the attractiveness of the type of dish, but also the taste;
- Worcester (Worcester), which includes more than 20 components, is difficult to replace with another, so if possible, get this type.