The content of the article
- How to cook caprese salad
- Caprese salad recipes
- Classic Caprese Salad
- Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce
- Caprese salad with arugula
- Caprese Salad with Cherry
- Caprese salad with balsamic vinegar
- Seafood Caprese Salad
Caprese is a popular appetizer of Italian cuisine. Of those that are called “antipasto” – served before the main course, pasta. The composition is extremely simple: tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olive oil. Plus spices, additives that vary the taste. The list of products is short, you don’t need to cook and bake them, but it turns out quickly, tasty to cook a snack.
How to cook caprese salad
Italian foodies love to start a feast with Caprese. This is a dietary appetizer that looks beautiful, bright, combining red, white, green colors – as on the flag of the national flag of Italy. This tricolor is created by tomatoes, mozzarella, basil – the main components of snacks. Cooking it is a pleasure, every time improving the taste. The name “Caprese” this light salad received in honor of the island of Capri. Wonderful tomatoes grow there, which give a properly prepared dish a unique accent.
It is important not only to cook well, but also to design and serve nicely. The most common option is a large dish (for several eaters) or a flat plate (for a small feast). But the slices of toasted baguette or crispbread are perfect. It is good to use beautiful skewers, having strung cheese, tomatoes, greens on them. You can dream up in the style of antipasti. The unusual shape of the dishes is filled with multi-colored components of the salad with mozzarella and tomatoes. Appetite awakens instantly!
Caprese salad recipes
It is not always possible to buy traditional products necessary for preparing an Italian dish, and the possibility of experimentation is attractive. It is interesting to modify the appetizer. For example, replace mozzarella with other cheeses, and tomatoes can be large, small, red, yellow. You can create a variant with olives, baked pepper, ham, avocado, eggplant, capers, make a salad with pesto sauce, honey, nuts. Recipes with photos – how to cook step by step – look attractive. The most common is the classic version..
Classic Caprese Salad
The freshness of classic Caprese products makes it taste and quality. In Italy, it is cooked with Bull’s heart tomatoes and original mozzarella. If in our stores it was not possible to purchase such products, then they can be replaced without problems with sweet fleshy tomatoes grown in local conditions, and rennet cheeses – feta, feta cheese, not very salty, with a dense consistency. These are basil, oil, balsamic vinegar.
- large ripe tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- mozzarella – 200 grams;
- oil – 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- dark vinegar – 1 tsp.
- black pepper;
- fresh basil leaves;
- Cut mozzarella into large slices.
- Wash, dry, cut the tomatoes into slices.
- For the sauce, mix 4 tablespoons of oil with 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Put cheese slices on a dish, overlap tomatoes, garnish with green leaves.
- Pour over the sauce, pepper.
Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce
Italian sauce created by culinary experts from fresh herbs and high-quality butter is healthy, famous, and popular. You can learn how to do it yourself by studying recipes with photos. Caprese with Pesto – these are new original notes in the usual composition of a classic dish. The nut-flavored dressing will add spice to the caprese with pesto. The main components in the recipe remain: tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, they are placed on a serving dish, watered with a sauce that has a specific green color and a pleasant smell.
- oil – 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- basil leaves;
- walnuts or pine nuts, cashews, ideally – pine seeds;
- Grana Padano cheese, Pecorino – 100 g.
- Wash and dry leaves.
- Fry the kernels until golden.
- Put garlic, cheese, nuts, butter in a blender, beat thoroughly.
- Pour tomatoes and cheese into a green sauce. Salad ready.
Caprese salad with arugula
The traditional Italian dish, discovered by our compatriots relatively recently, is attractive because with a small number of products you can radically diversify the taste. This, for example, can be done with juicy greens of arugula, its spicy nutty mustard flavor in combination with the usual balsamic vinegar, aromatic herbs, oil and sauce. Caprese with arugula will appeal to lovers of vegetable dishes, decorate any holiday table.
- arugula – a large bunch;
- tomatoes – 3-4 large or 10 small cherry;
- mozzarella – 2 large balls;
- pine nuts – a handful;
- small red onion;
- a bunch of basil;
- Parmesan for sprinkling;
- olive oil, balsamic.
- Put the arugula on a flat dish. Pour oil, vinegar.
- Cut the onion into small, thin rings, lay it on the arugula.
- Cut cheese into slices, place on top.
- Cut large tomatoes into slices, small tomatoes in half, lay on cheese.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and basil.
- Sprinkle with balsamic oil, season with grated Parmesan.
Caprese Salad with Cherry
Salad with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes is a delicious meal available in any season. It has few calories, and there are many vitamins and minerals, so this dish should be present on the table as often as possible. Just do not put mayonnaise in it, which will not allow you to enjoy the light natural taste of fresh products. Only balsamic and olive.
- mini mozzarella – 100 g;
- Cherry – 6-8 pcs.;
- basil – 1 branch;
- oil – 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- Italian dry spicy herbs – pinch.
- Wash tomatoes and greens thoroughly. Cherry cut in half.
- Put mozzarella balls, halves of tomatoes on a flat plate, decorate with green basil. Sprinkle with oil, sprinkle with spices.
- Such a Caprese can be served on skewers, only tomatoes must be whole. Separately serve pesto.
Caprese salad with balsamic vinegar
Italian salad with balsamic sauce has many variations – they can be seen in the photo. You can pre-cook such a dressing: boil vinegar until it gets viscosity, about a quarter of an hour. In the process of cooling, it will become even more concentrated. It is very convenient for them to season any salads, meat, fish dishes, and for Caprese it is simply irreplaceable. But more often use balsamic vinegar.
- balsamic – to taste;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- large tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- basil – to taste;
- mozzarella – 200 g;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, black pepper – 1 tsp each.
- Grind garlic, mix with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Add oil, mix.
- Refuel to let it brew for 15-20 minutes.
- Place tomato slices nicely on a plate, cheese slices on top. Garnish with herbs, pour dressing.
Seafood Caprese Salad
Caprese salad with seafood – a delicious, diet dish. Shrimps, crabs, lobsters, fish, mussels may well be combined with the classic version – and this will be a completely new rendition of your favorite food. It is only necessary to try to make the dressing to it not too saturated and sharp, so as not to obscure the taste of seafood. So, to make Caprese salad with seafood, you need a classic set of products and to them – shrimp and squid.
- cherry tomatoes – 150 g;
- mozzarella cheese – 1 pack;
- red onion – 15 g;
- radish – 20 g;
- capers – 15 g;
- basil – 2 g;
- olive oil – 20 g;
- balsamic vinegar – 5 g;
- pesto – 30 g;
- shrimp – 3 pcs.;
- peeled squids – 50 g;
- salt pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and capers in half, combine with chopped onions, radishes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Flavor everything with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Fry shrimp and garlic, add squid and greens at the end.
- Coarsely chopped mozzarella.
- Put vegetables in the center of the plate, arrange mozzarella around the edges.
- Garnish with fried seafood, pour pesto sauce.