The content of the article
- How to make batter
- Cauliflower batter – recipe with photo
- How to make a crispy batter
- With mayonnaise
- In milk
- In beer
- No eggs
- On mineral water
- With starch
- Cauliflower in batter – cooking secrets
Roasted vegetables are incredibly tasty and healthy. Among them, it is especially worth highlighting cauliflower in batter. It contains many vitamins, minerals. It will be useful for all housewives to know how to fry cauliflower in batter. In many respects, the success of this dish depends on whether you manage to prepare the batter correctly.
How to make batter
This foreign word refers to batter made from a mixture of flour with water and salt. As a rule, eggs, breadcrumbs are added there. Everyone should know how to make a cauliflower batter from these products. There are recipes with other ingredients: milk, beer. The mixture is made of varying degrees of density. Before dipping cabbage pieces there, it is brought to a half-preparedness. They do this so that inside the vegetable does not remain raw, because it is fried quickly.
Cauliflower batter – recipe with photo
There are a lot of cooking options. You can choose the recipe for a delicious batter for cauliflower from two or three ingredients, or master the one that contains many products. The components should be selected based on what kind of taste you ultimately want to get: brackish, fresh, sweetish, spicy, with a slight acidity. The vegetable will turn out delicious with each of these test options. Remember a few different step-by-step cooking recipes.
How to make a crispy batter
If you use the following recipe, you will get a vegetable with a delicious and firm crust. Such a delicacy should appeal to all people who love deep-fried food. Crispy batter for cauliflower is very easy to prepare. Depending on your taste preferences, you can make it salted or fresh. Probably a vegetable of such a preparation will be eaten even by children who are difficult to get to eat healthy foods.
- egg – 1 pc.;
- breadcrumbs – 55 g;
- water – 50 ml;
- cabbage forks – 1 small;
- flour – 1 tbsp. l .;
- ground pepper – a couple of pinches;
- salt – two pinches.
- Before cooking cauliflower in batter, disassemble the head of cabbage by inflorescences, wash. Put in a pan, fill with water and add salt. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not cover with a lid. After throw in a colander.
- Beat eggs with water. Add salt, pepper, gently pour flour. Shuffle.
- Pour crackers in a deep plate.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Bread each inflorescence, previously dipped in batter. Put in a pan and fry over high heat until lightly browned..
According to religious beliefs, some people refuse certain products. However, this does not mean that cauliflower dishes in batter are not available to them. Batter can be made from those ingredients whose use is not prohibited during the fasting period. Eggs are not added there. Lean batter is made from flour, water, seasonings. Vegetable with it turns out no less tasty than with ordinary.
- cabbage forks – 1 small;
- water – 1 tbsp .;
- greens – half a bunch;
- flour – how much dough will take;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- black pepper – two pinches;
- a mixture of dried garlic with white pepper – 0.5 tsp;
- turmeric – 1 tsp.
- Wash the heads of cabbage. Boil for 5 minutes, then disassemble into inflorescences.
- Pour the flour into the water gradually so that the consistency produces a mixture that resembles thick sour cream. Add salt, all seasonings. Stir well.
- Pour inflorescences into a container with dough.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Spread vegetable slices with a fork. Fry on all sides until browning.
If you cook in the following way, you will get a more high-calorie treat, but deliciously delicious. Cauliflower batter with mayonnaise is very tender. It envelops every inflorescence well. The dish will turn out even tastier if you buy not ordinary mayonnaise, but lemon or olive. You can experiment and use instead any sauce, for example, creamy or tartar.
- cabbage – 0.5 kg;
- salt pepper;
- mayonnaise – 185 ml;
- flour – 3.5-4 tbsp. l .;
- egg – 1 large.
- Wash the heads of cabbage, disassemble for inflorescences, boil for three minutes in salt water.
- Beat the egg until foam, add mayonnaise and flour. Salt, pepper.
- Dip each inflorescence into a liquid mixture, and then send to a pan with plenty of oil. Fry until golden brown over low heat..
Another variation of the dish. The recipe for cauliflower with milk is time-tested, is considered a classic. If you prepare the dough in this way, the crust on it will crunch. The vegetable inside will remain soft, tender. The treat will be very useful, you can safely include it in the diet of your child. So, prepare the cauliflower in a batter of milk.
- cabbage forks – 1 large;
- lean oil;
- milk – 150 ml;
- salt, spices;
- eggs – 4 pcs.;
- flour – 220-230 g.
- Wash the heads of cabbage, divide into inflorescences and cook in salted water for 5 minutes. Then drop it in a colander.
- Beat eggs with salt, add milk and spices. Pour the flour gradually, mixing thoroughly so that no lumps form.
- Dip the inflorescences in batter and fry in a pan on all sides to make a brown crust.
A very simple recipe, but with its own twist. Beer batter for cauliflower has a characteristic bitterness. A vegetable soaked in a pair of alcohol becomes softer and more juicy. When frying, alcohol evaporates, so it is allowed to give it even to small children. Be sure to try to cook a treat for this step-by-step recipe, you will like the result.
- cabbage head – 1 average;
- lean oil;
- eggs – 3 pcs.;
- flour – 120-150 g;
- beer – 150 ml;
- sugar – 1.5 tsp;
- salt – 1.5 tsp;
- Wash and dry the forks, disassemble into small inflorescences. Boil the water, add a little salt and sugar. Boil the inflorescences for 3-5 minutes, and then fold them in a colander.
- Beat eggs with salt until foam appears. Pour beer to them, pepper. Pour in flour a little, stirring carefully. The density of the mixture should be similar to sour cream.
- Heat vegetable oil. Dip the inflorescences in the dough and put in a pan. Turn so that they fry on all sides. Hold a little on a paper towel before serving to get rid of excess fat..
A dish prepared according to the following recipe will turn out to be no less tasty than all the previous ones. Cauliflower in batter without eggs comes out tender, juicy. All this is achieved due to kefir added to the composition. You can serve treats to both adults and children. If you cook for kids, it is better not to add hot seasonings and a lot of salt to the batter.
- cabbage forks – 1 medium;
- curry – 0.5 tsp;
- kefir – 70 ml .;
- pepper – two pinches;
- water – 70 ml;
- salt – to your taste;
- flour – 5-6 tbsp. l .;
- soda – on the tip of a teaspoon.
- Boil water. Disassemble the cabbage head for inflorescences. When the water boils, salt it and throw the vegetable there for five minutes.
- Mix water with a kefir whisk and gradually pour in flour. The dough should be a little thicker than the pancake. Salt it, add seasoning, vinegar slaked soda.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Dip the vegetable slices in a liquid mixture and fry until golden brown. Flip them over to lighten each side.
This dish is not only very tasty, but also beautiful in appearance, as you can see by looking at the photo with its image. Cauliflower batter with cheese gives it a stunning shade. The treat is hearty. You can serve it even on the holiday table. Guests, having tried it, will surely ask you to share a step-by-step recipe for cooking.
- cabbage – 1 kg;
- lean oil;
- flour – a glass;
- salt, pepper – to taste;
- hard cheese – 200 g;
- turmeric – 0.5 tsp;
- eggs – 2 pcs.
- Wash the forks, divide into inflorescences. Boil water, salt it, cook slices of vegetable for 3 minutes. Fold them in a colander, cool.
- Whisk the eggs with a whisk. Add the flour gradually, without stopping stirring the dough. Add salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Cheese grated coarsely. In small portions, introduce it into the dough. If you drop it all at once, it may clump together.
- Dip the inflorescences in the cheese mixture and fry in a skillet with hot lean oil.
On mineral water
A dish prepared according to the following recipe is very airy by adding carbonated liquid. Even in the photo, the difference between such a test and the usual one is noticeable. The recipe for cauliflower on a mineral water is simple, it includes eggs, flour, salt, pepper, curry and garlic. To give the dish a particular taste, you can change the set of spices at your discretion.
- cabbage – 750 g;
- vegetable oil – 4-5 tbsp. l .;
- eggs – 4 pcs.;
- flour – 360 g;
- mineral water – 220-230 ml;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- curry – 1 tsp;
- salt – 1 tsp.
- Divide the forks into small inflorescences. Boil them in salted water for no longer than three minutes. Cool.
- Beat eggs with salt. When the froth appears, add the remaining spices and crushed garlic. Pour mineral water and sprinkle flour in small portions. Mix well.
- Dip the cooled pieces of vegetable in the dough, fry with a large amount of oil over moderate heat. After cooking, hold them on a paper towel for a while..
A vegetable prepared according to this recipe gets a crisp, but inside it remains soft and tender. If you like to eat varied, you must remember how to cook batter with starch. The photo shows that the cabbage slices with it comes out very ruddy, mouth-watering. The cooking process takes a minimum of time. This treat is a great option for an easy and quick dinner..
- cabbage – 0.8 kg;
- potato starch – 100 g;
- dill – a bunch;
- ground black pepper – 0.5 tsp;
- eggs – 3-4 pcs.;
- salt – 0.5 tsp.
- Disassemble the head of cabbage for inflorescences. Boil them for three minutes in boiling salted water..
- Chop the dill. Beat eggs with salt, add starch, pepper and herbs.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. Dip each piece of vegetable into a starch-dill mixture. Fry them in a skillet for about a minute on each side..
Cauliflower in batter – cooking secrets
Each dish has its own characteristics, knowing which, you will make it tastier. Recommendations on how to cook cauliflower in batter:
- For the dish, not only a fresh vegetable is used, but also one that was previously frozen. The taste will be the same. Frozen vegetables can be stored for up to several months.
- You can cook not only in the pan, but also in the oven. Depending on how thick the dough you have, either dip the inflorescences in it and spread on a baking sheet, or place them in a mold and fill. Cooking is necessary at a temperature of 200 to 220 degrees. A baked dish will have significantly fewer calories than a fried one.
- Do not digest inflorescences, because they will be loose and lose their beneficial properties. It is better to bring them to half-preparedness. Pieces should be pierced with a fork, but not break apart and not crack at the same time.
- If you boil inflorescences in water with a small amount of sugar, they will not lose color and acquire a more concentrated taste.
- After cooking, pour cold water on the product so that it remains firm and crispy..
- Inflorescences before dipping into a liquid mixture can be rolled in flour. Then the batter will stick better.
- Be sure to lay cabbage slices on paper napkins that absorb excess fat after frying.
- The dish is combined with all sauces, so you can choose any for serving: garlic, sweet and sour, creamy, soy.
- Try to cool the dough and warm the butter as much as possible. This will affect the taste of the dish and its consistency..
- To add brightness to the dough, add turmeric to it. The use of carbonated drinks gives it airiness..
- If you want the vegetable to retain maximum vitamins, cook it not in a pan, but in a double boiler.