The content of the article
- How to dry rusks in the oven
- At what temperature do biscuits dry in the oven
- Oven crackers recipe
- From brown bread
- White bread
- With garlic
- For Caesar
- With salt
- Sweet loaf crackers
- Delicious crackers at home – cooking secrets
To make fragrant crispy cubes, sticks or slices at home, you can use any yesterday’s or even fresh bread or roll. Use metal curly notches to surprise households or guests with the original form of crackers, made with your own hands.
How to dry rusks in the oven
Flavored crispy slices made from stale bread or rolls can be used in different ways: eat with tea, add to salad, soup or broth. In order not to throw away such a valuable bakery product, check out the most popular ways of making crackers in the oven. Products will become tastier if seasoned: impregnation is the best option, because only in this way spices are absorbed evenly.
At what temperature do biscuits dry in the oven
This issue has its own nuances, because each type of bread dries differently. In any case, slices, cubes or whetstones during cooking must be turned over several times so that they dry out evenly. So, the optimal oven temperature for crackers is:
- from white bread – 170 degrees;
- from gray or bran – no more than 180 degrees;
- from black – 180 degrees;
- from buns – 170 degrees.
Oven crackers recipe
Every economical housewife has already found a way out so as not to throw away stale bread – to dry it. There are many options with which spices to do this, because many people like to experiment with combinations of tastes. Choose an appropriate recipe for making croutons in the oven, then use crispy products as an addition to any dish.
From brown bread
Scented crispy rye cubes can be used for what you wish: as a snack for beer or as an additional ingredient for many salads or the first. Crackers in the oven from black bread will turn out fragrant and beautiful, as in the photo, if you do everything step by step, as described in the recipe. Save this method for yourself so that you don’t have to search for a long time.
- salt (small) – to taste;
- brown bread – 1 pc.;
- oil (rast.) – 45 ml;
- spices, dry herbs – optional.
- Cut a loaf of stale rye bread into cubes, straws or cubes, while the thickness of each piece should not be more than 1 cm.
- Pour half a serving of oil into a plastic bag, add chopped slices there, salt, add spices or a mixture of spices if desired.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil, some more salt and spices and collect the edges of the bag in your hand. Holding with your other hand, gently but vigorously shake the contents of the package so that the resulting dressing is distributed over each block or cube.
- Cover the baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, pour one layer of the workpiece. Send the items to the oven, in which the temperature has already risen to 180 degrees.
- Bake crackers until they turn golden.
Those crackers, which are sold in each store, have few substances useful to the human body. If you want your household to eat as much “healthy” food as possible, try to bake croutons in a white bread oven. Homemade products turn out beautiful, as in the photo, and even the most picky gourmets will appreciate the taste of snacks with cheese.
- salt to taste;
- garlic – 2 teeth .;
- oil – 3 tbsp. l .;
- loaf – 400 g;
- cheese – 100 g.
- Cut bread into small cubes.
- Grate any kind of cheese.
- Grind the garlic with a sharp knife or with a garlic squeezer. Add a little salt, then grind with a spoon until the spice starts the juice.
- Pour the bread cubes with the resulting mixture, mix thoroughly so that all products are uniformly saturated.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, put the future crispy snacks in one layer.
- Preheat the oven in advance, bake at 180-200 degrees until a delicious golden crust appears. It is worth noting that the products at the beginning of preparation must be often stirred so that the melted cheese is distributed over each bread cube.
Such snacks have earned an honorable place in the kitchen of the hostesses, because they can be cooked in just a couple of minutes, and then used as an additional snack to the first dishes. Oven crackers with garlic have a pleasant aroma and taste, which is the main factor for gourmets. Keep this recipe for yourself so you don’t have to think about how to process stale bread quickly..
- olive oil – 60 ml;
- loaf or baguette – 1 pc.;
- salt, ground pepper – to taste;
- garlic – 4 tooth.
- Turn on the oven in advance by setting the temperature to 190 degrees. Pull out a baking sheet, cover with paper.
- Pour oil into a pan, put chopped garlic in it. Spice should not be fried, but should be passaged, in time no more than 30 seconds.
- Mix the sliced bread with the garlic-oil mixture, leave for a couple of minutes, so that they can absorb the dressing.
- Put bread cubes in one layer on paper, send the pan to the oven.
- Dry the seasoned bread until each cracker is golden brown.
Such snacks can serve as an independent dish for beer or serve as an excellent addition to rich borsch. Previously, bread was dried so as not to throw out, but today rye crackers with garlic in the oven are made to enjoy their taste. All you have to do is prepare the products and do everything step by step, as written in the recipe.
- oil (olive) – 2 tbsp. l .;
- dried garlic – 1 tsp;
- salt, seasonings – to taste;
- rye bread – 0.6 kg;
- fresh garlic – 2 tooth.
- Trim the crust from the loaf, cut the crumb in the shape of cubes. Transfer the workpiece into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the products with dry garlic, salt. In order not to damage future snacks, shake the dishes.
- Pour the bread cubes with butter, and pour in the crushed fresh garlic there. Shake the bowl again.
- Fry crackers in a preheated oven for no more than 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Many housewives who are fond of cooking restaurant food at home are interested in how to make breadcrumbs in the oven. Crispy cubes are an additional ingredient to many dishes: broths, salads, etc. For example, drying the crackers for Caesar in the oven will not be difficult even for a novice cook, because there is a step-by-step recipe at hand.
- garlic – 3 teeth .;
- dry basil, provencal herbs – 2 tbsp. l .;
- stale white loaf – 0.5 kg;
- oil (gr.) – 0.25 cup;
- oil (drain) – 0.25 cup.
- Cut the bread into small cubes.
- In a large container, mix vegetable oil, melted butter, add crushed garlic and other seasonings to the mass.
- To fill in products, mix so that they are saturated with this dressing.
- Bake at 200 degrees for no more than 10 minutes, or until the snacks are rosy.
- Ready-made crispy slices to use when fully cooled.
This recipe will be appreciated by those who like to eat during the day. It is worth noting that homemade crackers with salt in the oven will bring much more benefits to the body than those that are strewn with harmful food additives. If you wish, you can grind bread cubes not only with salt and pepper, but also with other seasonings with different tastes: bacon, cheese, etc..
- salt – 5 g;
- white loaf – 1 pc.;
- seasonings – to taste and desire.
- Cut bread into cubes, slices or cubes. Make sure the slices are not too thick or thin, because they may not dry out or burn out at all.
- Put future crackers on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with plain water. Sprinkle with salt, spices, but do not overdo it.
- Send the workpiece to the preheated oven. Set the optimum temperature – about 150 degrees. Dry by mixing products periodically until they become a beautiful golden color..
Sweet loaf crackers
If you still have stale bread (or even fresh), do not rush to throw it away. Check out how to make sweet crackers in the oven to surprise your household with a new and interesting dish. Crispy sugar cubes soaked in sour cream are perfect as an addition to tea or coffee. It is worth noting that instead of bread, you can use a bun with any filling.
- sour cream – 200 g;
- loaf (or bun) – 200-300 g;
- sugar – 1.5 cups.
- Cut the loaf into not too thick slices, then cut each slice to make a lot of squares.
- Arrange the required amount of sugar and sour cream in different deep plates.
- Dip each future sweet snack first in sour cream, then immediately roll in sugar.
- Put the cubes on a dry baking sheet, but place them a short distance from each other.
- Bake the treat by setting the temperature to about 200 degrees.
- Turn off the appliance after 5 minutes, serve the products when completely cooled.
Delicious crackers at home – cooking secrets
Culinary specialists are happy to open some of their secrets to the hostesses so that they can surprise the household with a new dish. So, for example, before preparing homemade crackers, it is important to familiarize yourself with some tips:
- If the bread is too wet, keep the oven door open during drying. So you help excess moisture evaporate faster.
- When adding herbs as a seasoning, do not get carried away, because spices are intended to emphasize the taste of the dish, and not its suppression. It is worth noting that garlic does not go well with dried dill..
- If you make crackers that will become additional ingredients for soup or salad, then consider the combination of spices that are in breadcrumbs and in a cooked dish.
- There are many options for cooking oil if you do not boil it. Mustard, Sesame, Peanut or Olive.
- Use bread slices seasoned with butter immediately, because after a long storage, the polyunsaturated fats in the composition become harmful chemical compounds.
- If you made the crackers yourself in the oven, but decided to keep them for a long time and expect that they will remain crispy and tasty, then after baking, send the pieces to a hermetically sealed glass jar.
- If you can’t find stale bread, but you don’t want crackers to dry from white, you can fry celery root, and each stalk needs to be cut into small cubes. Season with a mixture of melted butter, spices, mustard and salt.
Check out recipes and make homemade bread in the oven.