The content of the article
- How to make dry apple jam
- Apple preparation
- Recipe for Dry Apple Jam
- Dry apple jam at home
- Dry slices
- For winter
- How to Make Dry Jam – Chef Tips
This version of apple treats is good because after cooking all the beneficial properties of the fruit remain. The cooking process is absolutely simple, fast, but at the same time you get a fragrant treat for tea. Externally, the dessert is similar to marmalade or candied fruit, has an unusually sweet taste and beautiful appearance.
How to make dry apple jam
The dish turns out to be sweet, but contains much less sugar than the usual recipes for this dessert. If you know how to make dry jam, then you will always have a delicious treat on the table, which also has an appetizing structure. The cooking method was invented for a long time and according to legend it belongs to the Slavic people. The second name of this dish is Kiev jam. It’s easy to cook, it’s very simple to buy all the necessary ingredients.
For the result to be tasty, you need to properly prepare dry apple jam in the oven. However, the process begins not with cleaning or heating the stove, but with the choice of components. This type of sweets is prepared from any berries or fruits, but apples are better suited for these purposes. You should buy whole, not mashed or battered, healthy fruits. To take varieties with sourness, sweet and sour is not recommended. The preparation process is similar to any other fruit preparation option:
- wash the fruits thoroughly;
- cut into several pieces;
- remove the core;
- if the peel is tough, cut it off (this will decrease vitamins).
Recipe for Dry Apple Jam
In history, this method of cooking is mentioned even during the reign of Catherine II. Then the recipe for dry apple jam was something unusual, treats were served at princely feasts. A large number of fruits made this dessert available to anyone who was willing to spend a little time creating a delicious treat. It turns out to be aromatic, with a rich taste, and you can store it all winter. Below are options for creating dishes with step-by-step instructions in the oven.
Dry apple jam at home
If you have your own garden or neighbors have shared a rich harvest, then preparing jam from apples in a dry way is an excellent option. You will have a sweet preparation that will help you treat yourself to dessert in the winter, but without a lot of calories and with a set of vitamins. Dry apple jam in the oven is easy to make at home.
- cinnamon – 1 tbsp. l .;
- apples – 1 kg;
- citric acid – 1 tsp;
- cane sugar – 300 g.
- Sweet varieties of fruit are best suited. Cut them into medium sized slices. You can independently determine which pieces will be optimal..
- Put the chopped fruits on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with citric acid, cinnamon, sugar (leave 50 g for the final), mix.
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees and stick the pan for 25 minutes.
- Remove the dish, let cool. By this time, the slices should look appetizing.
- Lay the baked fruits on the paper (parchment), sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Leave the dish to dry for 2-3 days.
- Put the treat in jars, you can not be airtight. Store at room temperature..
This dessert will appeal to children, a wonderful aromatic candy substitute that contains a certain amount of vitamins. Dry apple slices contain a minimum of sugar, in the summer it is easy to buy fruit, the price is reasonable and you can prepare refreshments for the whole winter. You need to choose juicy, dense, not acidic fruits. You can then use such jam as a snack for tea or decoration on a cake.
- sugar – 300 g;
- cinnamon (ground) – 1 tbsp. l .;
- citric acid – 1/2 tbsp. l .;
- apples – 1 kg.
- Fruits should be washed well, dried. Cut each apple, remove the core so that there are no seeds.
- Cut the fruit into thin slices, put in a deep bowl.
- Sprinkle with citric acid and mix well..
- Then add sugar, mix again.
- Last add cinnamon.
- Lay the slices on a baking sheet that goes into the oven. You can stack pieces on top of each other..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, set the fruit to bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out the dish and let cool.
- Pour 50 g of sugar onto the parchment, lay the slices in a thin layer.
- It is necessary to leave the dish to dry for 2 days or put in the electric oven for 3 hours at a temperature of 60 degrees. The main thing. To keep the pieces soft.
- Dried slices can be arranged in ordinary glass jars. Store in a cool, dry place..
The recipe came from Kiev Podil, where for the first time they started producing dry jam from apples in the oven almost on an “industrial scale.” Confectioners had several ovens in which they prepared refreshments. “Balabukha” – the name of that time is still known. Below is a step-by-step recipe for apples in Kiev, which you can cook yourself at home.
- apples – 1 kg;
- fruit – 1 kg;
- sugar – 800 g;
- water – 1 l.
- You can choose any berries: strawberries, gooseberries, cherries. They all go well with apple jam, the main thing is to remove the seeds.
- The first syrup is prepared. Dissolve all sugar in a liter of water, bring to a boil. This volume is enough to soak 1 kg of fruit.
- Cut apples into slices, dip with berries together in boiling syrup. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Throw it in a colander and let the syrup drain. If possible, leave it overnight (long process).
- Then put the ingredients in a mold and place in the oven at a temperature of 35 degrees. Watch the condition of apples when they become dried, sprinkle with sugar.
- Shake the wedges to remove excess sweetness from them. Arrange in jars and close.
In the cold season, you always want to drink more tea or coffee. These drinks will be tastier together with a sweet snack, for example, a sandwich with some aromatic jam. You can buy more apples in the high season and prepare a delicious dessert. This is a simple recipe that anyone can master. Below is an instruction on how to make dry apple jam for the winter.
- sugar – 300 g;
- citric acid – 1 tsp;
- apples – 1 kg;
- cinnamon -? Art. l.
- Wash the fruits, cut and remove the core. It is better to cut into thin slices to better soak in sugar.
- Put the pieces on a baking sheet, several layers are allowed. To protect the fruit from burning, you can lay a silicone mat, but this is not necessary.
- Mix citric acid, cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl, then sprinkle apples with this mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Shove the fruit pan for 30 minutes. If the volume of apples is large, you can periodically remove the pan and mix the contents. If the oven has a convection mode, turn it on to remove excess moisture..
- Prepare another surface for the final stage. Lay the baked apples in one even layer and dry for 2 days.
- Next, take clean glass jars and put dry lies in them. It can be stored for a long time in a dry place..
How to Make Dry Jam – Chef Tips
This recipe, according to the reviews of many people, is very simple, but even for this dish there are recommendations from the culinary experts who will help in cooking. If you want to make delicious dry jam in the oven, follow these guidelines:
- Before drying, you can cook for juicy fruits, berries. This should not be done for long, on low heat, so that sugar can penetrate into the fruits, which will help keep the slices in shape.
- The best way to store candied fruits in winter is layer by layer in wooden crates. First, paper is put, then jam and sugar itself, then again paper and repeating layers.
- Some recipes for dry jam from apples in the oven indicate that even overripe or “broken” fruits are suitable. It is likely that they will turn into gruel during cooking. Unripe or ripe fruits are better suited so that they retain their shape during heat treatment.