The content of the article
- How to freeze wild strawberries
- Frozen wild strawberries with sugar for the winter
- How to freeze berries for the winter in ice
- Frozen strawberries in syrup
- Frozen wild strawberries for the winter
You have harvested and wondered whether it is possible to freeze strawberries for the winter? As for fruits, there are several recipes for harvesting these berries for the cold season. They can be used in whole or in crushed form. Learn the recipes below how strawberries are prepared for the winter without cooking.
How to freeze wild strawberries
The benefit of this berry is to rejuvenate the body, remove harmful cholesterol and normalize blood pressure. It is recommended for use in diseases such as:
The main advantage of freezing is quick cooking. If you are tired of jam or compote, and you want to keep the crop, then this option is ideal. At the same time, there are much more vitamins stored than in jam. Before freezing strawberries for the winter, you must correctly collect it. The optimal time is the height of ripening, and in the morning and not after rain. Then you need to sort out the crop, separating only dense specimens.
The final step in the preparation will be washing, removing the “tails” and other debris. To dry, you need to lay the berries on a napkin. As for the freezing temperature, the optimal value is from -18 to -23 degrees. In such conditions, vegetables, fruits and berries are stored for about 8-12 months. If the temperature is from 0 to -8 degrees, then the period decreases to a quarter of a year. It is important to choose the right packaging for the future dessert. Cellophane bags or containers with lids are considered ideal. Strawberries are not as tender as strawberries, so any option is suitable for her..
Among the main methods of freezing, the following can be distinguished:
- with or without sugar;
- whole fruits or mashed potatoes.
When choosing a specific method, you need to consider the ultimate purpose of using dessert. If you often decorate any dishes, the shape and appearance are important. Then you need to choose whole, undamaged berries. It is necessary to freeze separately so that the form is preserved. When appearance doesn’t matter, you can just grind everything with a blender along with sugar.
Frozen wild strawberries with sugar for the winter
The peculiarity of strawberries is that it can be slightly bitter. In such cases, it is recommended to rub the berries with sugar. This option is also suitable for freezing. Before freezing strawberries for the winter under sugar, harvest and separate only mature and whole specimens. Also prepare the dishes in which you will put a healthy dessert. Such a workpiece can be used in the preparation of dumplings or homemade pastries, for example, grated pie, pudding or souffle. In addition, it is added to smoothies, cereals and milkshakes. The ingredients will be required as follows:
- strawberries – 300-400 g;
- sugar – 1.5 tbsp. or to taste.
First, free the freezer and cover it with thick plastic. This is necessary for pre-freezing berries. Next, use the following statement:
- Rinse and dry prepared fruits using a napkin or towel.
- Put them in portions in the freezer, distributing in only one layer, and so that the individual berries almost do not touch each other.
- After 2-3 hours, remove the strawberries, put them in containers or bags, pouring sugar between the layers.
- Put the freezer on the shelf again.
How to freeze berries for the winter in ice
There is another way to freeze strawberries for the winter. Since they are small, they can be stored in ice. It is not necessary to delete the tails. A similar blank is used to decorate cocktails and soft drinks. In addition to berries, containers will be required for freezing ice. The list of ingredients includes:
- strawberries – by filling;
- cooled boiled water – also for filling.
The freezing process itself consists of the following steps:
- Rinse and dry the crop.
- Distribute the dry berries in 1-2 pieces into the cells of the container.
- Fill with chilled boiled water so that its level is higher than berries.
- Place the container on the shelf of the freezer in a special compartment for freezing ice, if there is one, or put it just like that.
- After 7-8 hours, you can transfer the finished cubes into bags for convenience.
Frozen strawberries in syrup
How else to freeze strawberries for the winter? You can make it with syrup. To prepare such a dessert, it is worth selecting dark berries with a dense pulp. They will need about 500-600 g. The remaining ingredients are as follows:
- sugar – 0.5 kg;
- water – 2 l.
To freeze berries with syrup, use this instruction:
- Boil water separately, after pouring sugar.
- Cook until the sweet ingredient is completely dissolved..
- Rinse the strawberries, distribute them in containers and send them briefly to the refrigerator shelf along with the cooled syrup.
- Remove both components. Then pour the berries with syrup.
- Place open containers in the freezer..
- Only after a day close the container.
Frozen wild strawberries for the winter
The peculiarity of wild strawberries is that it is smaller than varietal, but at the same time it has a special aroma and taste, which are acquired in natural conditions. You can even prepare such a berry using any of the methods described above. Although it is better not to suffer and mashed it, and then freeze it. To do this, you only need the berries themselves. They are better to take a little overripe, but without rotten sides. Sugar can be added as desired. The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- Prepare the berries by washing and drying them.
- Put them in a blender with sugar and grind to a puree.
- Pour the resulting mass into containers, but rather use some interesting molds, for example, hearts.
- Send dessert to the freezer shelf.
In this recipe, the berries can also be crushed using a potato press, i.e., a simple crush. The mixer will also cope with this task. At the same time, it is allowed not to completely chop the berries, because with small pieces of mashed potatoes it will be even more interesting. If you don’t have any molds or containers, then use a plastic bottle. Pour the aromatic mass there using a funnel and also place in the freezer. Dessert will be ready after 12 hours. In general, its shelf life reaches 8 months, subject to the condition that the temperature will not exceed -16 degrees.