The content of the article
- How to cook french fries
- French Potato Recipes
- French fries in the oven
- French fries in a pan
- French fries in a slow cooker
- French fries with chicken
- French fries without meat
- French fries with mushrooms
- French fries with tomatoes
- French fries with minced meat
- French fries with cream
All housewives are familiar with a satisfying and delicious French fries dish. It is considered universal, because it can be used as everyday or to enter the menu of a festive lunch or dinner. It is useful to know how to cook it so that guests and family members are satisfied and surprised by the original taste.
How to cook french fries
Every housewife will need knowledge of how to cook potatoes in French, because this dish is considered classic in its understanding. It is also known as captain’s meat, home-style or diplomat. The main ingredients for making the second are potato roots, meat, onions, cheese, mayonnaise. You can diversify the recipe by adding carrots, cream, spices, and it is allowed to cook it in the oven, slow cooker, pan.
You need to take only the freshest products to make the dish fragrant and very tasty. It is better to choose medium-fat meat so that it does not become dry, but also not too fat – because there is mayonnaise sauce in the recipe. Light brown uniform hue or ham, but not a shoulder blade, is best. The meat should be elastic and not have yellow fatty layers.
A step-by-step recipe looks something like this: meat is cut across the fibers in slices no more than 2 cm to preserve juiciness. It should be slightly discouraged so that it becomes more tender. Potatoes are cut in circles half a centimeter thick, placed in water to prevent darkening and dried before being sent to a baking sheet, sprinkled with vegetable oil. Onions are cut in half rings, sprinkled with sugar and sprinkled with apple cider vinegar. Layers of the dish look like this: potatoes, salt, pepper, meat in a marinade or with spices nutmeg is better.
French Potato Recipes
You can cook potatoes in French in the oven or pan, but the most resourceful housewives manage to bake vegetables with meat, even in a slow cooker. You can replace potatoes with zucchini, eggplant, mix it with mushrooms or tomatoes. Changes also apply to sauces – bechamel or sour cream-egg dressing is no worse than mayonnaise, and you can take any meat – veal, lamb, pork, beef, chicken, mix it in any proportions or completely replace it with minced meat.
French fries in the oven
Many people know how to cook a classic French fries in the oven. This implies a dish with a fragrant golden crust – gratin. It is achieved through a mixture of cheese and mayonnaise, stretches when served, forming a creamy texture and an incredible smell. You can use for baking in the oven a baking sheet or a special glass form, which is closed by a lid.
- potatoes – 0.7 kg;
- pork – 0.7 kg;
- cheese – 225 g;
- mayonnaise – 0.2 kg;
- onion – 2 pcs..
- Wash the components, cut into equal thickness slices, onions – in half rings.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, put meat, salt, pepper, then onion layer, potato layer.
- Rub cheese, squeeze mayonnaise in a thin stream. Cover with foil or lid, bake at 180 degrees 50 minutes.
- Remove the cover, leave for another 8 minutes to form a crust..
- Hard cheese can be replaced with processed cheese, which is frozen before rubbing.
French fries in a pan
If there is no special shape or pan, you can make French fries in a pan without a handle. It can be round or square, resembling a baking sheet, moderately deep and preferably cast iron. Then the taste will be fully preserved, it will open with new colors, and the components themselves will be baked evenly and saturated with the resulting juice.
- potatoes – 7 pcs.;
- oil – 50 g;
- pork chop – 0.3 kg;
- onion – 2 pcs.;
- mayonnaise – a bag;
- hard cheese – 0.15 kg;
- salt – 1.5 tsp;
- pepper – 1 \ 4 tsp.
- The main components are washed, chopped. Beat the meat with a hammer or the back of a knife, put on the stove.
- Grease the pan with butter, put half of the potato circles in it, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put meat on top, add salt and pepper, put onion half rings, cover with a potato layer.
- Salt again, grease with mayonnaise.
- Bake at 180 degrees 40 minutes in the middle position, sprinkle with grated cheese, leave for another 7 minutes.
French fries in a slow cooker
Many housewives manage to cook potatoes in French in a slow cooker. The dish is juicy, aromatic and surprisingly delicate due to the fact that all juices are stored in the closed space of the multicooker. With the use of the device, it will not be possible to reach the famous cheese crust and maintain neat layers, as in beautiful photos, and the taste will be closer to the stew than to the baked.
- pork – half a kilo;
- potatoes – a pound;
- cheese – 0.1 kg;
- bulbs – 2 pcs.;
- vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- mayonnaise – half the packet;
- parsley, dill – 1 bunch each.
- Cut the meat into small pieces, onions in half rings, potatoes in rings. Soak the latter in cold water for 5 minutes. Finely chop the greens, grate the cheese coarsely.
- Grease the bowl of the multicooker with oil, lay a thin onion layer, meat, spices, herbs, potato layer. Pour everything with mayonnaise and sprinkle with cheese.
- Set extinguishing mode, keep hour.
French fries with chicken
Particularly tasty and dietetic is French fries with chicken. Due to the fact that this part of the chicken is rather dry and does not contain fat, more mayonnaise and additional ingredients are required – adding tomatoes, which will give the necessary juiciness, is an excellent option. Instead of fillet, you can take chicken thighs, using the skin from them just as a basis for baking – so the layers will not burn out and will look beautiful even in the photo.
- chicken fillet – 0.2 kg;
- potatoes – 1 kg;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- bulbs – 1 pc.;
- mayonnaise – 3.5 tbsp. l.
- Chop the ingredients.
- Grease the form with oil, lay in it layers of potato mugs, chicken plates, pour each layer with spices.
- Put the chopped onion, tomato slices, grease with mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cooking 35 minutes at 180 degrees with a closed lid..
- Remove the cover, leave for 8 minutes to get a crust.
French fries without meat
You can also cook delicious potatoes in French without meat, using only potato roots. It will turn out a very budget dish, pleasing the eye with an appetizing garlic flavor, a cheese aroma and a beautiful ruddy crust, which crunches slightly when consumed. This “casserole”, which looks spectacular in the photo, is loved by children and adults, they take it with appetite and enthusiasm.
- potatoes – 0.6 kg;
- cheese – 1/4 kg;
- milk – 200 ml;
- egg – 2 pcs.;
- butter – half a pack;
- salt -? a teaspoon;
- garlic – 2 cloves.
- Rinse the potatoes, cut into slices of equal thickness.
- Finely chop the garlic, mix with salt.
- Potatoes sprinkled with spices and garlic.
- Break eggs, mix with milk, pour on top.
- Sprinkle with grated butter, cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees 50 minutes.
French fries with mushrooms
You can make an original dish by cooking French fries with mushrooms in the oven. Mushrooms were part of the classic recipe, known even under Catherine II, but there, instead of pork, veal and bechamel sauce were used. Today, inside you can add champignons or any other mushrooms to give juiciness and incredible aroma to an exquisite treat.
- pork neck – 0.6 kg;
- potatoes – 0.7 kg;
- bulbs – 5 pcs.;
- champignons – a pound;
- mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons;
- cheese – 0.3 kg;
- red wine – a few drops.
- Cut the meat, beat, drizzle with dry red wine, marinate in salt, curry, red and black pepper, rosemary.
- Cut mushrooms and onions in half rings, fry with spices until soft.
- Cut potato root vegetables into circles, sprinkle with spices.
- Lay out in layers: meat, potato, onion and mushroom.
- Make a mayonnaise wire rack, sprinkle with cheese, put the mold in the oven.
- Stew for 35 minutes at 200 degrees.
French fries with tomatoes
With dry or hard meat it is allowed to produce French fries with tomatoes, which soften the taste, give juiciness and an appetizing look. It is important not to overdo it with tomatoes, because the allocated juice leads to erosion of the layers, making the served appetizer unappetizing in appearance. If this happens, you can drain the excess liquid and put the bake on.
- pork – 0.7 kg;
- medium-sized potatoes – 7 pcs.;
- cheese – 275 g;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- small onions – 2 pcs.;
- mayonnaise – a bag;
- greens, green onions – half the beam.
- Cut pork into centimeter slices, beat, marinate in salt and pepper, leave in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half circles, onions – in half rings, potatoes – in plates, cheese – grate.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil, put pork, potato, onion, tomato, cheese.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper, the last with herbs.
- Bake at 200 degrees? hours.
- Serve with lettuce leaves..
French fries with minced meat
In the absence of meat, a hostess made French-style potatoes with minced meat helps out. You can take any kind – a mixture of pork and beef, mono-meat, chicken. It is necessary to monitor the juiciness and freshness of the stuffing so that it crumbles and does not contain additional ingredients. If possible, you can make mince yourself by scrolling meat through a meat grinder.
- minced meat – a pound;
- onion – 2 pcs.;
- potatoes – 1000 g;
- cheese – 200 g;
- mayonnaise – a packet;
- dry dill – a teaspoon.
- Chop the onion, add to the minced meat, salt, sprinkle with dill.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil, put minced meat, potato mugs, salt, grease with mayonnaise.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, place the pan in the upper compartment.
- Bake 1/3 hours, sprinkle with cheese, leave for another 10 minutes.
French fries with cream
You can diversify your daily diet by making French fries with cream. Adding dairy products always gives freshness, tenderness, a special aroma. Due to the increased fat content, in comparison with milk, cream will add piquancy and originality to the “casserole”. You can use cream when cooking dry, tough types of meat – beef, chicken breast.
- beef – half a kilo;
- cheese – 0.15 kg;
- cream – ? glasses;
- milk -? glasses;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- greens – a bunch;
- sour cream – 2 tablespoons;
- mayonnaise – 2 tbsp. l .;
- garlic – clove;
- potato – half a kilo.
- Cut the meat, lightly beat, fry, put in a deep baking sheet, grease with a mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, herbs, garlic.
- Lay the potato layer of circles on top, sprinkle with salt, pepper, grated cheese, pour a mixture of cream, milk.
- Bake 55 minutes at 200 degrees.