The content of the article
- How to cook fish in Greek
- Product Preparation
- Greek Fish Recipes in the Oven
- Recipe 1 – Classical Greek Fish in the Oven
- Recipe 2 – Greek Fish in the Oven with Sour Cream
- Recipe 3 – Greek Fish in the Oven with Mayonnaise
Whether it is a dinner party or an everyday home-made meal, and the fish on the table is healthy and often tasty. To preserve the juiciness of the main product, you should turn to the experience of the inhabitants of the Mediterranean. The rich culinary heritage in terms of seafood preparation will delight the variety and taste of the prepared dishes.
How to cook fish in Greek
Availability of products, aroma, mouth-watering appearance – these are just some of the advantages of Greek recipes. Amid the abundance, a suitable one will surely be found when the thought arises of how to make a fish dish in the oven? You can cook a whole carcass or slices of fillet, which are pickled with spices, so that the second in Greek turns out to be tender, juicy, tasty. Roasting helps preserve beneficial substances, it is not necessary to use special spices, but it is important to adhere to an average temperature during cooking.
How to cook a baked fish dish so that it pleases with its taste and looks like in the photo? You need to choose the right ingredients! You should start with the main ingredient: the choice in favor of marine species (salmon, halibut, sea bass, trout) will be ideal, but river ones like carp, pike perch are also suitable. The taste of treats in Greek will turn out to be incomparable if you supplement the recipe with ingredients such as sea salt, lemon, cheese, tomatoes, herbs, onions, aromatic herbs.
Greek Fish Recipes in the Oven
No matter how many methods exist, step-by-step recipes with photos remain the easiest option. This greatly reduces the likelihood of an unpleasant surprise at the exit and helps to assess the complexity of the preparation of the dish. Still recipes with photos help to see the possible result before starting to cook, which matters when you need to choose a dish for the festive table or choose the right one for the diet menu.
Recipe 1 – Classical Greek Fish in the Oven
This simple way to cook traditional Mediterranean treats has its undeniable advantages. Fish in Greek always delights with its taste, the classic recipe of the dish turns out to be aromatic, the main ingredient in the taste remains juicy and delicate, and the crispy crust arouses appetite. It is useful to bake this treat, then there is no reason to worry about calories, because the products do not have to fry.
- fillet – 700 g;
- cheese – 80 g;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- sour cream – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- mayonnaise – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- garlic – 3 cloves;
- breadcrumbs – 50 g;
- seasonings, spices – to taste.
- Grate cheese, diced tomatoes, with chopped garlic, pour sour cream, salt.
- Cut the fillet into portions, sprinkle with seasoning, roll in breadcrumbs.
- Put them on the bottom of the mold, add cooked tomato mass on top.
- Bake, adhering to an average oven mode of about 180 degrees, and after half an hour remove from the oven.
Recipe 2 – Greek Fish in the Oven with Sour Cream
This is a healthy and delicious second for lunch, the aroma of which will call everyone to the table. Nourishing, healthy, with a minimum number of calories – this is what will please fish in the oven with sour cream. How to quickly cook a delicious Greek treat based on a classic recipe? The specific taste of the baked dish helps to add the sauce and at the same time it serves as a marinade, with the help of which it is possible to preserve the juiciness of the main product.
- hake (pollock) – 3 pcs.;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- cheese – 100 g;
- sour cream – 230 ml;
- egg (squirrels) – 3 pcs.;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- dill – half a bunch;
- salt, pepper – to taste;
- breadcrumbs – 50 g.
- Wash carcasses, separate from the ridge, grate with a mixture of squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut in half to squeeze the juice.
- Finely chop the remaining portion, then mix with sour cream together with chopped garlic and grated cheese (half a serving). Lubricate the cut carcasses with this mass..
- Grease the form with butter, put dill sprigs, on top – pickled carcass slices, breadcrumbs, remaining cheese. Bake the ingredients at medium temperature, leaving in the oven for 5 minutes.
- During this time, beat the squirrels, evenly cover the fish dish with them, put back and bake until tender.
Recipe 3 – Greek Fish in the Oven with Mayonnaise
There are many ways to cook a healthy treat. Who will refuse to try a delicious second with a crispy cheese crust? If you carefully cut the carcass, there will be no bones left, or you can take the fillet, then baked fish with vegetables and mayonnaise will delight the gourmets with their perfection. So that the fish baked under cheese turns out to be incomparable, it is advisable to take fresh, and red species will help you to taste a delicious and almost delicious treat.
- fillet – 500 g;
- mayonnaise – 5 tbsp. spoons;
- carrots – 3 pcs.;
- onion – 2 heads;
- cheese – 150 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- spices to taste.
- Rinse the fillet, sprinkle with lemon juice, grate with spices.
- Grate the carrots, chop the onions in half rings, fry them all a few minutes until soft.
- Spread all the ingredients in layers. Put part of the vegetable mixture on the bottom of the form, pickled fillet on top, then the rest of the vegetables. Pour a serving of mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese, bake for half an hour.