The content of the article
- How to season Greek salad
- Greek Salad Sauce Recipe
- Recipe 1 – Classic Greek Salad Sauce
- Recipe 2 – Salad Dressing with Balsamic Vinegar
- Recipe 3 – Salad Dressing with Soy Sauce
- Recipe 4 – Mustard Sauce for Greek Salad
- Recipe 5 – Sauce with Lemon and Olive Oil
- How to make delicious sauce – chef tips
A spicy flavor, invariably present in the dish, becomes its hallmark and allows you to distinguish it from all others. The composition of the salad itself necessarily includes a standard set of vegetables, olives, herbs and feta cheese. However, only salad dressing turns these ingredients into a single whole, combining and complementing the taste palette.
How to season Greek salad
Because of its simplicity, the dish is served in some families almost daily. At home, a Greek salad – a classic recipe – is easy to prepare: you just need to chop the vegetables in slices that are pleasant to eat, put the cheese cubes and season everything with a liquid seasoning. Each housewife cooks, based on their own tastes and wishes of the household. Greek salad dressing can be based on vinegar, such as balsamic, wine or apple cider vinegar. They, due to their softness, are found in recipes more often than table. Mustard, lemon juice and soy sauce are also used..
Greek Salad Sauce Recipe
People who are accustomed to dressing vegetables with mayonnaise may find it strange combination of ingredients offered for pouring to this dish. Refueling is often sweet due to the presence of sugar or honey in some cooking options. On the other side of the barricade are sharp ingredients: mustard, garlic and vinegar, making the final taste of Greek dressing balanced.
Recipe 1 – Classic Greek Salad Sauce
A dish invented in Greece in the traditional sense is a mixture of coarsely chopped vegetables and impressive cheese cubes. When thinking about how to cook such a dish, do not forget about the most important detail – the sauce. He needs to pay close attention. Classical Greek salad dressing cooked in oil and vinegar.
- olive oil – 6 tbsp. l .;
- wine vinegar – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Use clean, dry dishes in which you need to pour the prepared oil component. For these purposes, it is better to take a more expensive and high-quality product..
- Pour in wine vinegar, first stirring with a spoon, and then lightly beat with a culinary whisk.
- From the spices you can take those that you prefer. Oregano, thyme, or basil may be present in the classic recipe. If you do not want to feel pieces of dried grass in the finished product, chop it with a knife a little. Add to dressing, mix.
- The mixture must be infused. To do this, put it in the refrigerator while you are preparing vegetables.
Recipe 2 – Salad Dressing with Balsamic Vinegar
For a delicious salad dressing, a vinegar essence of the table type, often used in cooking, is not suitable. Sweet and sour balsamic, invented by Italians, will fit into the mixture of aromatic ingredients much better. The recipe for balsamic vinegar sauce is not as popular as the traditional version, but there are still deviations from the classics.
- balsamic vinegar – 60 ml;
- olive oil – 180 ml;
- sugar – 2 tsp;
- garlic – 2 prongs;
- salt -? tsp;
- black pepper – ? tsp.
- Before you prepare a delicious Greek sauce, grind the garlic cloves with a knife or a special press.
- Pour vinegar into a dry container, portioned sugar in it, stir the crystals with a whisk.
- The next addition will be garlic, you can use a spoon to interfere with dressing.
- Salt and pepper the sauce.
- Pour the oil very gently without stopping stirring. Upon reaching a homogeneous state, you can season the dish and serve..
Recipe 3 – Salad Dressing with Soy Sauce
Known in Asia and used as a dressing for Asian dishes, the result of soybean fermentation can be used in an unexpected way. Combining it with sweet ingredients, you can get a wonderful Greek salad with soy sauce. The set of components is a little specific and may not appeal to everyone, but each component helps to reveal the taste of others.
- soy sauce – 6 tsp;
- honey – 3 tsp;
- olive oil – 4 tbsp. l .;
- lemon juice – 6 tsp.
- Dilute the honey well with soy sauce, you should get a homogeneous mixture without clots.
- Gradually, add a teaspoon of lemon juice, mixing it with honey and soya bean mass.
- Constantly working with a whisk, add olive oil, achieving uniformity.
- Ready homemade sauce for a dish can be served immediately or left in the refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks.
Recipe 4 – Mustard Sauce for Greek Salad
Those who do not consider sweet salad dressing appropriate and tasty will like a more piquant and islandy option. Add mustard mixed with garlic to Greek salad dressing is a great idea. Such a home-made dressing will dilute the taste of vegetables, complementing it with unexpected notes. The composition is based on olive oil with vinegar.
- Dijon mustard -? tsp;
- olive oil – 125 ml;
- wine vinegar – 60 ml;
- garlic – 2 prongs;
- oregano – 1 tsp;
- Skip the tines through the garlic and mix the resulting mass with dried oregano.
- Pour dry mustard, stir as much as possible.
- Salt and pepper future mustard salad dressing.
- Pour vinegar gently, stirring with a whisk or using a blender.
- To obtain a homogeneous emulsion, it remains to pour oil. You need to do this in batches, without stopping interfering.
- Insist refueling for half an hour at room temperature.
Recipe 5 – Sauce with Lemon and Olive Oil
Traditional dressing for Greek salad in olive oil with lemon juice is also considered. This option will appeal to those people who do not like the taste of vinegar or who cannot use this product for medical reasons. Lemon flavor goes well with feta and coarsely sliced fresh vegetables. If you have a question about how to prepare a sauce for a delicious Greek salad as quickly and simply as possible, pay attention to this recipe.
- olive oil – 250 ml;
- lemon juice – 125 ml;
- In a separate dry container, mix salt with pepper and oregano.
- Pour all the oil into another bowl and gradually adding juice, mix continuously.
- Season the mixture with spices, stir them well.
How to make delicious sauce – chef tips
Experienced chefs know how to make the sauce delicious with any set of ingredients, whether it’s classic or mustard dressing. There are several points to which you need to pay attention:
- The basis of salad dressings for a Greek dish is oil. In order for the final product to be fragrant and pleasant to taste, it is worth choosing it carefully. Preferred Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Oil.
- Sometimes it’s better not to let the garlic pass through the press, getting a shapeless mass, but slightly crush it with the knife’s plane, releasing the juice. In this form, the teeth can be soaked overnight in oil, so that it is saturated with aroma, and then pull them out.
Learn more about oregano – what it is, beneficial properties and uses.