The content of the article
- How to make compote from honeysuckle
- What will be needed for cooking
- How to choose the right berries
- Preparing cans for canning
- Berries compote recipe for the winter
- Classic compote recipe
- Honeysuckle compote for the winter without sterilization
- Honeysuckle and strawberry compote for the winter
The popular name “wolf berry” sounds a little frightening, but in fact, not everything is so dangerous: very unusual berries make good preparations for the cold season. Learn how to cook compote from honeysuckle for the winter, is it possible to combine fruits in cooking with others – currants, gooseberries, strawberries.
How to make compote from honeysuckle
Doubt and don’t know how to cook compote from honeysuckle as a workpiece? The first step will be the right choice of fruit variety to make a delicious drink. Not every fruit variety is suitable to cook fruit compotes for the winter for consumption. With various additives, you will add a bright flavor to the drink and a beautiful shade. Potassium, magnesium, iodine – this is only part of the useful that stores the honeysuckle. It is useful for the thyroid gland, cardiac and endocrine systems of the body as a whole..
What will be needed for cooking
To preserve a delicious compote from honeysuckle for the winter, you immediately need to select the correct and best berries. The fruits are thoroughly washed, cleaned of twigs and dirt, then dried slightly on a towel or clean cloth. Sterilization for cans in which the drink will be rolled up is needed, while water does not have to boil. You can do without sterilization, there is such a recipe for the workpiece. Sugar is laid individually, its quantity can be reduced or added – depending on preferences.
How to choose the right berries
In nature, the number of species of fruits of this shrub is about 200 species. Not all berries are safe, so you should approach their collection responsibly, learning how to cook compote from honeysuckle. Rules:
- Edible fruits – blue and its shades.
- The most used in cooking are: Kamchatka, Altai, and Caucasian varieties. Breeders grow many other variations. One shrub can yield from 1 to 3 kg.
- Beware of red fruits on shrubs.
- For seaming, it is better to use whole, not too soft berries. If the recipe uses scrolling through a meat grinder, then softened fruits are also suitable, the main thing is to avoid rotting or spoiled.
- The more fruits will be used – the richer will be the taste, aroma of the drink.
Preparing cans for canning
The container for seaming the future drink needs to be prepared in advance. Banks must be washed very carefully, sterilized with boiling water. Spin lids also need to be prepared in advance: sterilization is used for this. When you pour compote, in the process of processing cans in hot water do not exceed the permissible temperature threshold of 80 degrees.
Berries compote recipe for the winter
Harvesting for the winter is very simple. The main thing is not to sugar the drink too much, not to distort the taste of the berry, and not to reduce the benefits of the final product. Honeysuckle is very rich in vitamin C, useful for the figure, and its calorie content is only 30 kcal per 100 grams of berries. If you “hammer” the drink with sugar, then its effectiveness in losing weight will be practically zero.
There are many recipes for a drink from honeysuckle. Only the best options are selected below: classic, without sterilizing cans (for those who do not like to mess around), with the addition of other berries. If you want to add acidity – use gooseberries, a little sweetness and aroma – strawberries, saturated color, maximum usefulness – black or red currants.
Classic compote recipe
The easiest and most culinary-proven way of preserving a drink is suitable for people who are just keen on blanks. For winter honeysuckle compote, you will need ingredients in the following proportions:
- berries – 2 tbsp .;
- granulated sugar – 1 tbsp .;
- purified water – 1 l.
Step-by-step instruction on creating a useful compote:
- Wash two glasses of fruit under cold running water, sort and discard spoiled, remove twigs. Leave to dry on a napkin or towel
- Take sugar syrup: pour water into the pan, pour granulated sugar. On low heat, stirring constantly, wait until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture boils. After that boil for 10 minutes.
- If the honeysuckle is dry, pour it in clean jars, pour boiling sugar liquid.
- Close the jar with a lid. You need to pasteurize it to avoid the development of microbes inside the container. Pasteurized water should be hot, but not boil.
- Cover up after this process. Keep the drink until winter after cooling completely in a cool place..
Honeysuckle compote for the winter without sterilization
The sterilization process is not so simple in the physical plan: raising and lowering the container is not easy and time-consuming. To free yourself from the danger of getting burned, try rolling without sterilization. To create a drink for the winter you need to use products in the following proportions:
- honeysuckle – 500 g;
- boiling water – 1 l;
- sugar – 150 g.
Step-by-step process on how to make compote for the winter:
- Wash the berries well, sort them out from the branches, sprinkle them in jars “to the shoulders”.
- Cover the contents with boiling water, leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain, add sugar. Bring to a boil on fire, let stand until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Fill and roll up the contents again. Put the cans upside down with a blanket.
Honeysuckle and strawberry compote for the winter
Freshly picked berries will come in handy for a delicious drink and aroma. Berries need to be frozen for other dishes, and for this preparation they must be not softened, elastic, fresh. Strawberries will help to saturate it with the most useful properties, taste and a special smell. Sterilization of the finished product is not needed. For a vitamin drink, take:
- honeysuckle – 400-500 g;
- strawberries – 400-500 g;
- sugar – 300 g;
- purified water.
- Prepare sterilized jars and lids in advance.
- Pour both types of fruit into each jar, at least a third of the jar.
- Pour boiling water to the edges of the jar, steam for about 20 minutes.
- Pour all the infused liquid into the pan, pour sugar and boil the syrup. Proportions: 300 grams of sugar per liter of water.
- Roll up the drink, turn it over, checking for tightness of the twist. Leave to cool wrapped in a warm blanket. Thanks to these blanks, you will be able to treat your guests with a very beautiful and bright drink, as in the photo and in commercials.