The content of the article
- How to cook dumplings in a pan
- How much water do you need
- Spices and butter
- How to cook dumplings
- Cooking time after surfacing
- How to cook dumplings at home
- Classic recipe on the water
- In a pan with broth
Many people have a semi-finished product in the refrigerator from which they can quickly make a hearty dish and rich broth: dumplings always help out if there is no time to cook. There are several secrets on how to make them juicy, mouth-watering and prevent sticking..
How to cook dumplings in a pan
Cooking begins with the selection of convenient dishes. A wide, low capacity is needed so that the boiling liquid does not splash out, and the semi-finished products are distributed freely. An aluminum pan made of stainless steel is ideal, and in an enameled dough it will immediately stick to the bottom.
How much water do you need
Sticky dumplings do not cause appetite at all. So that the dumplings were completely covered, swam, did not stick together, take three liters of water per kilogram of product. If you need a rich, full broth, you can pour less liquid.
Spices and butter
The cooking of dumplings in the traditional way begins with the preparation of water. Black and allspice peas, a teaspoon of salt per liter, a couple of bay leaves are added to it. When the contents are heated, but not yet boiling, add a little oil – this prevents sticking. They also prepare meals with other spices that are preferred by family members.
How to cook dumplings
After boiling water in a pan, gently lower the dumplings with your hands or a slotted spoon, then mix. When the water boils again and the contents rise to the surface, the flame is reduced to medium. Cooking lasts 7-8 minutes with occasional stirring.
The size, structure of the filling and the degree of freezing affect the duration of the process. Semi-finished products with thin dough are cooked for about 10 minutes. If minced chicken or fish, then cooking will take less time: pork, beef and mutton products are boiled for a long time.
The cooking time is counted from the moment of repeated boiling. To cook small, just cooked homemade dumplings, it will take 6–7 minutes (frozen – 7–8), medium and large ones need 8–10 minutes (from the freezer – 9–10).
According to GOST, the filling of products from supermarkets should be at least 38% of the product, but the recipe often changes among manufacturers. Purchased semi-finished products with thick dough cook longer. In order not to be mistaken with the cooking time, you need to follow the recommendations on the packaging: small items are cooked for 6-7 minutes, medium ones are 7-8, large ones are 8-10.
Cooking time after surfacing
When the dumplings rise to the surface, continue cooking no more than 5 minutes. Boiling should be weak, but noticeable so that the processed foods do not boil, retain their shape, and the dough remains elastic. If water boils too hard, the juiciness of the dough.
How to cook dumplings at home
To cook convenience foods quickly, use an electric kettle. The water is boiled in advance, poured into the selected pan, then the products are lowered into it. Next, the homemade dumplings are cooked according to the step by step instructions on the packaging.
Classic recipe on the water
To prepare, you will need:
- 3 liters of cold water;
- 1 kg of semi-finished products;
- 5 g of salt;
- 4 peas of black and allspice;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 20 ml of vegetable oil.
How to cook:
- Salt, seasonings and oil are added to the water..
- Put the pot on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Semi-finished products carefully dipped in boiling water.
- Stirred for 2-3 minutes.
- When the water boils again, the flame is reduced.
- After the product pops up, another 5-7 minutes are prepared.
- Ready dumplings get out with a slotted spoon right away, otherwise they will swell.
In a pan with broth
If you want to diversify the diet, but there is no time for long cooking, you can cook dumplings in a broth made of vegetables or meat. The dish will turn out original and satisfying.
- 2 l of water;
- 500 g of dumplings;
- 1 potato;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 80 ml of vegetable oil;
- clove of garlic;
- salt, pepper, dried herbs – to taste.
Step by step recipe:
- Vegetables are washed, peeled and ground.
- Potatoes are dipped in cold water, put on the stove.
- Separately passer carrots and onions. They add a little garlic, stand for a minute.
- Vegetables and salt are added to boiling potatoes. Contents cook under a lid over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add flame, gently lower the dumplings. When they come up, continue cooking for 6-7 minutes.
- The finished dish is insisted 5 minutes. Serving to the table, season with sour cream.
It is impossible to allow the dumplings to thaw, because they immediately stick together, lose their shape, become a single mass. Otherwise, freshly prepared and frozen convenience foods are cooked the same. A little secret will help to prepare a delicious dish: add a glass of ice water to the pan after the items float. Wait for boiling again, continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, and then remove the pan from the heat.