The content of the article
- How to choose and prepare cauliflower for cooking
- How long does it take to cook cabbage before frying
- How to cook cauliflower tasty – recipes with photos
- Classic recipe in a pan
- Steamed fresh cauliflower in a slow cooker or double boiler
- A simple way to cook until cooked in the microwave
- Cooking Cauliflower in the Oven
- How to cook before freezing, so as not to darken
- Video recipe: boiled cabbage fried in a pan
It has long been known that cauliflower has an amazing, incomparable taste and a huge number of useful and even healing properties. The vegetable is available to everyone, it is very popular among adherents of good nutrition, people who want to maintain perfect shape, good health. In order for fresh cauliflower to bring not only benefit, but also taste pleasure, you need to know how to choose it correctly, cook, what to serve with and how to preserve the valuable properties of the vegetable.
How to choose and prepare cauliflower for cooking
In order for the cooked cauliflower dish to taste good and preserve all the useful qualities of the product, it is necessary to pay maximum attention to the choice of vegetables. The ideal option is to grow the product in your garden, this will be a 100% guarantee of the absence of chemicals, various kinds of processing. If this is not possible, then when buying a vegetable in a market or in a supermarket, it is worth considering the following nuances:
- Ideal for cooking will be a medium-sized head of cabbage.
- Leaves should be green, without burnout and obvious damage..
- Inflorescences are white, clean, without black dots, defects. You should not buy a head of cabbage, from which the tops were cut, this is a sure sign that the product began to deteriorate and, to give it a marketable appearance, the damage was cut.
- The head should be resilient, but not heavy.
How long does it take to cook cabbage before frying
In cooking, there are many dishes where the main or additional ingredient is cauliflower. This is a classic version of a fried vegetable in batter, just boiled foods, pickled or with a special sauce. In any recipe, before starting cooking, fresh cabbage should be boiled. But this process is very scrupulous, because you need to know how long it takes to cook, so that it does not boil, does not lose its useful properties, taste. Cooking Cauliflower:
- 7 minutes – in a saucepan before subsequent frying the vegetable.
- 30 minutes – in a double boiler at full power.
- 15 minutes – cooking with a slow cooker.
- 3-5 minutes – in the microwave.
How to cook cauliflower tasty – recipes with photos
Cauliflower is a storehouse of useful trace elements and vitamins. It is often used as complementary foods for babies or as a dietary meal for dieters. There is a vegetable if you wish, possibly raw, but only some gourmets like this, so you need to learn how to cook dishes from it, how to cook and serve ready-made masterpieces of cooking. You can cook fresh cauliflower in several ways: classic (using a pan), in a slow cooker, double boiler or oven.
Classic recipe in a pan
For several centuries, fresh cauliflower, at the initial stage of preparation, is boiled in a pan. This provides her with the necessary softness, helps to reveal the best taste. This process takes minimum time and effort, and the finished result is able to hit even the most demanding gourmets. What you need for cooking:
- Fresh Cauliflower – 1 Head.
- Small enamel pan.
- Salt – a small pinch.
A step-by-step process description of how to cook cauliflower:
- Head of cauliflower cut along, divided into small inflorescences. It is advisable to make all parts the same size so that they evenly and simultaneously boil.
- Put the inflorescences in a container, pour water so that it slightly covers the cabbage, slightly salt.
- Put on a big fire, let it boil. Cook vegetables for 7 minutes.
- If you close the pan while cooking, the vegetables turn yellow. To preserve the snow-white color, boil in an open container, and add citric acid, lemon juice or vinegar to the tip of the knife in the water.
- After time, remove the inflorescences from the water. The remaining broth is rich in vitamins, useful properties, so it is ideal for making soup.
Steamed fresh cauliflower in a slow cooker or double boiler
In order to maintain the maximum beneficial properties of the vegetable, you need to cook it in a slow cooker or double boiler. This processing method requires a minimum of effort, but in time the process is slightly longer than, for example, cooking in a pan. Cooking cauliflower with the help of modern kitchen appliances is a real pleasure, and all the close or unexpected guests will like the resulting tasty and healthy vegetable..
To prepare, you will need:
- Fresh Cauliflower – 1 Head.
- Slow cooker or double boiler.
- A small pinch of salt.
Stepwise cooking process:
- Soak the cabbage in cold water for fifteen minutes – this will help get rid of dirt, insects.
- Divide the product into identical inflorescences..
- Pour water into a bowl of a multicooker or a double boiler, install a steam cooking container on top, where to put the inflorescences.
- Close the lid of the device, select the “Steam” mode. Cooking time depends on the capabilities and functionality of the equipment, but it’s worthwhile to focus on such indicators: a slow cooker – 13-18 minutes, a double boiler – 25-30.
- At the end of cooking, lay out the product and allow to cool slightly before proceeding with further manipulations.
A simple way to cook until cooked in the microwave
It often happens that there is very little time to prepare dinner, but I really want to please loved ones with something tasty and useful. Cauliflower is ideal, and to save time on boiling, this process should be done in the microwave. For cooking, you will need the following ingredients and attributes:
- Fresh Cauliflower.
- Water – 3-5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoon.
- Capacity for a microwave. It is important to remember: metal dishes cannot be used for cooking – this can lead to equipment breakdown.
How to cook cauliflower step by step in the microwave:
- Peel all leaves, divide the head of cabbage into inflorescences and rinse thoroughly under running cool water.
- Put vegetables in a bowl, add a few tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt.
- Cover the container, put in the microwave.
- Turn on the microwave at full power and cook for four minutes, then mix the inflorescences and set for another 3 minutes.
- Checking readiness is very simple – the stems are softer and easily pierced with a knife.
Cooking Cauliflower in the Oven
The original way to cook cauliflower is in the oven. It is not known to many, but the resulting dish will not leave indifferent even a person with the most sophisticated taste preferences. In order to cook vegetables, you will need the following ingredients and accessories:
- High-sided pan.
- Fresh Cauliflower.
- Milk – 3 tablespoons.
- 3 chicken eggs.
- Hard cheese – 150 grams.
- Greens to taste (dill, parsley, herbs).
- Clear cauliflower from green leaves and divide into inflorescences.
- Rinse thoroughly under running cool water.
- Fold in an enameled pan, add salt, a little water, boil and cook for ten minutes.
- Rinse under running water and put in a baking sheet, pre-greased with vegetable oil.
- In a separate container, beat the eggs with milk and the addition of greens. Pour vegetables with a mixture, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes until fully baked.
- Amazingly tasty and healthy snack is ready. This dish is suitable for a quiet family dinner or for a small celebration.
How to cook before freezing, so as not to darken
In order to enjoy tasty and healthy vegetables in the winter, they must be prepared in the summer, giving in to freezing. Ingredients:
- Citric Acid.
- Boiling water and cool.
- Cooking container and storage bags.
In order for freshly frozen cauliflower not to darken and retain its best useful qualities, it is necessary to perform the following actions, observing these rules:
- First of all, it is necessary to carefully approach the choice of vegetable: the head of cabbage should be dense, without visible dark spots, sluggish elements and other damage.
- Vegetable divided into inflorescences of the same size, do not make too large parts.
- Thoroughly wash all inflorescences from possible dirt, insects and chemical treatment results..
- In order to preserve the snow-white color of cabbage, the following steps must be performed:
- Put the inflorescences in a pan with boiled water for several minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, get inflorescences and place in cool water or just rinse with cold liquid.
- It is necessary to add citric acid to boiling water, the proportion of 1/3 teaspoon of tea per liter of water. Such a mixture will help prevent the darkening of vegetables..
- Lower the inflorescences in boiling water with citric acid, boil for about three minutes, until they begin to emerge.
- Put the vegetables in a colander, transfer to a paper towel that absorbs excess fluid.
- Pack vegetables in bags or plastic containers, send to the freezer.
Video recipe: boiled cabbage fried in a pan
The variety of dishes that can be made from cauliflower is striking: here are the classic simple recipes for fried inflorescences in batter, and delicious casseroles with a variety of additional ingredients. One of the simple recipes for cooking vegetables is frying in a pan in breadcrumbs. This dish will appeal to many: cabbage will reveal its best taste, crackers will give it some zest. Watch the video recipe with a detailed, step-by-step cooking of fried cauliflower: