The content of the article
- How to cook lamb soup
- How much to cook lamb for soup
- The recipe for a delicious lamb soup
- Soup kharcho
- With potato
- On lamb broth
- In a slow cooker
- With noodles
- With beans
- How to cook mutton soup – chefs tips
Thousands of amazing dishes are prepared from lamb meat. Various soups with it are especially tasty, they are rich, fragrant, spicy. The first lamb dishes are very popular, almost all countries of the world have their own recipes. Each hostess should take note of at least a few of them.
How to cook lamb soup
Such a dish is often made in eastern countries. Cooking lamb soup involves the use of a large number of spices and spices. In addition to the main ingredient, vegetables, cereals, mushrooms are added. Sometimes, by consistency, the soup is more reminiscent of not the first dish, but the second. You can cook it in a cauldron, pot, thick-walled pan. Sometimes soup products are pre-fried.
How much to cook lamb for soup
Some housewives rarely come across such meat, so they do not quite understand how to handle it properly. How long it takes to cook lamb for soup depends on the size of the piece. As a rule, before laying the remaining ingredients, the meat should be boiled for an hour or two. Twice less time will be needed if it is pre-fried. It is best to take a scapula with a bone, neck, back. Using such meat for the broth, you will make it rich.
The recipe for a delicious lamb soup
Whatever cooking method you use, you will get a rich, satisfying dish that you can hardly call a dietary one. There are many options for mutton soups: kharcho, piti, bozbash, lagman, shurpa, hashlama. Each of them has its own distinctive features. The more spices and seasonings you put, the tastier it will be. Be sure to learn how to cook first courses with lamb meat.
This dish came to us from Georgian cuisine and was first made from beef. Modern housewives should know how to cook mutton soup-kharcho. It consists of many components. To properly cook mutton kharcho soup, you need to use prunes, nuts, dry plum puree. Sometimes these products are replaced with other ingredients with similar tastes..
- beef (on the bone, non-lean) – 750 g;
- cilantro – half a bunch;
- long rice (unpaired) – 150 g;
- bay leaf – 3 pcs.;
- onions – 3 medium heads;
- black pepper (peas);
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- hops-suneli – an incomplete teaspoon;
- prunes – 5-6 pcs.;
- spicy chili – pod;
- vegetable oil – 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l .;
- tkemali (plum puree) – 1 tbsp. l (can replace woven or thick pomegranate juice).
- Before boiling lamb soup-kharcho, pour 3 liters of water into the pan. Cut the meat into large pieces. Put in water and simmer the broth for an hour. Peel off periodically.
- Chop the onion and garlic to make lamb soup. Fry them in vegetable oil. When softened, put tomato paste, greens, bay leaves, hops-suneli in a pan. Tomite 5-7 minutes.
- Add finely chopped chili peppers. Remove bay leaves.
- Pour the dressing, which was prepared in a pan, into the broth with meat.
- Prune cut into small pieces, add to the dish.
- Pour the rice, put the tkemali and pepper into the peas, mix. Try and add some salt if necessary. Serve the dish very hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
This dish is traditional for Azerbaijani cuisine. Mutton and chickpea piti soup must be made in one large clay pot or in several small ones. A lot of vegetables, seasonings are added to the dish. The characteristic, although specific components of the dish are baked chestnuts, peas, but the taste from this will change. Try to make such a soup – you will really like it.
- lamb meat – 0.5 kg;
- salt pepper;
- baked chestnuts – 150 g (you can replace the same amount of potatoes, but this is undesirable);
- dry mint – a pinch;
- onion – 1 small;
- saffron – 2 pinches;
- chickpeas – 150 g;
- fat tail fat – 75 g;
- fresh cherry plum – 60 g (or 25 g dried);
- tomato – 125 g.
- Be sure to soak the chickpeas with water in advance for 10-12 hours. After this time, rinse it, fill it with clean water. Bring to a boil, remove the foam, add salt and cook for a quarter of an hour.
- If using potatoes, peel, cut into small pieces.
- Wash and process the meat, cut. Fold in one pot or distribute in portions.
- Add chickpeas, chestnuts or potatoes to the dish. Pour water to the brim.
- Close the pots with lids, put in the oven. At 160 degrees, cook an hour.
- Add pitted cherry plums, chopped onions.
- Cut and grind fat tail fat. Pour saffron with boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the lard in the pots, salt and pepper. Add the saffron and tomatoes, cut into pieces. Cover the dish and cook it for another hour. Serve in portioned pots, garnished with mint. If you cooked in one, then first put the soup ingredients on the plates with a slotted spoon, and then pour the broth.
This dish is prepared in different Caucasian countries and recipes are different everywhere. The easiest way to make lamb bozbash soup in Armenian. It turns out to be very greasy, with a spicy taste. Chickpeas and vegetables are added to it. It is advisable to cook soup in a pot, but a thick-walled pan is also suitable. Traditionally, chestnuts are added to the dish, but finding them is problematic, so you can replace them with potatoes.
- lamb meat – 0.4 kg;
- potatoes – 3 pieces of medium;
- fat – 30-40 g;
- chickpeas – 115 g;
- red pepper – half;
- onion – 2 small heads;
- basil – 60 g;
- tomatoes – 2 medium;
- parsley – 55 g;
- carrot – 1 small;
- dill – 60 g.
- Soak chickpeas in advance for 8-10 hours.
- Cut the meat, fill with two liters of water, put on the stove. When the broth boils, remove the foam, salt, add chickpeas. Boil for an hour and a half.
- Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin. Peel the remaining vegetables.
- Dice onions, potatoes, tomatoes and carrots into cubes.
- Put a frying pan on the fire, put lard on it. When it melts, add the onion. When it turns golden, add carrots, tomatoes. Stew for about 5-7 minutes.
- If the broth is cooked for an hour and a half, throw potatoes into it.
- Chop the greens.
- In the remaining fat after vegetables, fry red pepper.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add dressing, greens to the dish. Throw the whole pepper. Turn off five minutes after it boils. Cover.
This option is simpler than the previous ones, but it turns out no less tasty. You can add not only the seasonings that are part of the recipe to the mutton soup with potatoes, but also others that you like more. Be sure to try to cook such a dish to please your loved ones. Soup should be liked not only by an adult, but also by a child.
- lamb meat – 250 g;
- potatoes – 400 g;
- a mixture of thyme, cumin, pepper, marjoram, salt – 3 tsp;
- carrot – 1 large;
- peppercorns – 2 pcs.;
- leek – 1 pc.;
- greens – half a bunch;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- onion – 1 small head;
- bay leaf – 1 pc..
- Put the meat to boil. When the water boils, add chopped herbs, chopped garlic, peas, bay leaf, a mixture of spices. Cook under the lid for an hour.
- Peel and cut potatoes, carrots, two types of onions. Add to broth.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft.
This dish is very tasty and appetizing, looks great. You can verify this personally by looking at the photo with its image. Lamb pea soup is very easy to prepare. Add spices to your liking, there are no strict recommendations. The soup turns out useful, rich, with a pleasant texture. You can make it not with peas, but with lentils.
- lamb ribs – 0.75 kg;
- spices, ground black pepper, salt – to your taste;
- peas – 150 g;
- vegetable oil – 5 tbsp. l .;
- potatoes – 5 large;
- carrots – 2 medium;
- bow – 4 medium heads.
- Soak the washed peas for two hours.
- Put the broth from the ribs for an hour to cook, constantly remove the foam. You can strain.
- Throw peas into the broth, cook for another half hour.
- Peel and chop onions, carrots. Fry in vegetable oil.
- Cut the potatoes into strips, add to the pea soup. After a quarter of an hour, throw the same vegetable frying and all the seasonings there. Cook for another five minutes, then turn off.
The classic recipe for this dish is borrowed from Uzbek cuisine, although you can find many of its variations. Shurpa mutton soup is very fatty and rich. It is so satisfying that there is simply no need to serve the second dish after it. Many different ingredients are added to it, even fruits. Try making shurpa because it is incredibly tasty.
- mutton with bone – 1.2 kg;
- dried basil – 0.5 tsp;
- onion – 2 heads;
- salt, pepper – to taste;
- carrots – 2 medium;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 pcs.;
- olive oil;
- tomatoes – 5-6 pcs.;
- hot red pepper – pod;
- parsley – a bunch;
- potatoes – 8-10 pieces medium.
- Pour the meat with water, start cooking the broth. After boiling, remove the foam. Cook under the lid for an hour and a half. Remove the lamb, chop finely, put it back into the broth.
- Chop the onion, fry until soft.
- Cut the tomatoes and bell pepper into thin slices, carrots into slices, and potatoes into medium cubes.
- After adding the chopped meat back into the broth, put the capsicum there. Add bulgarian and tomatoes.
- After 10 minutes, put onion, carrots, potatoes in the shurpa.
- After a quarter of an hour, add spices. Before turning it off, put chopped parsley in a shurpa.
On lamb broth
The first dish, prepared according to the following recipe, turns out to be very rich, thick. The lamb soup with the addition of pearl barley is called Scottish, it is very loved and often cooked by the inhabitants of this country. Vegetables and a variety of spices are added to it, be sure to put tomato paste or replace it with juice. This is one of the most delicious soups..
- lamb – 0.4 kg;
- pepper – salt;
- green onions – a bunch;
- potatoes – 8 small;
- tomato paste – 6 tbsp. l (or tomato juice – 300 ml);
- carrot – 4 small;
- barley – 200 g.
- Fry meat in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Add chopped onions, tomato paste or juice, salt and pepper to the pan. Stew for 10 minutes.
- Transfer products to the pan. Pour in two liters of water. Add pearl barley, bring to taste.
- Peel and chop the carrots and potatoes. When the cereal in the broth becomes soft, throw these vegetables into the pan. Cook until cooked..
In a slow cooker
You can cook an excellent first course not only in a pot or pan. Lamb soup in a slow cooker turns out to be no less tasty than in ordinary dishes. A separate advantage is that you can use the delayed start function and indicate the specific time by which your dish should be prepared. Try making soup in a slow cooker, you will like it.
- lamb meat with bone – 0.2 kg;
- salt, zira, cilantro – to your taste;
- potato – 2 pcs.;
- water – 1 l;
- onion – 1 small;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.;
- tomato – 1 large;
- carrot – 1 small.
- Put the meat in the bowl of the multicooker, add a liter of water, cook on the “Stewing” program for an hour.
- Get the lamb. Cut it into pieces, discard the bone. Put back into the broth, adding all the vegetables, cut into large pieces. Cook another hour on the “Stew” or “Soup” programs.
- Serve by tapping cilantro.
The proper name for this dish is lagman. The soup is so thick that it resembles, rather, meat with a side dish and a small amount of broth. Eating this dish is incredibly delicious. Each housewife should remember how to cook mutton noodle soup. The latter is better to cook with your own hands, but if you have too little time, you can take the store.
- lamb meat – 1.5 kg;
- a mixture of turmeric, red and black ground peppers, zira – 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- eggplant – 2 pcs.;
- water – 3 l;
- noodles – 300 g;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 pcs.;
- cilantro – 5 branches;
- onions – 3-4 heads;
- tomatoes – 4 large;
- carrot – 3 pcs.
- Cut the meat off the bone, chop, fry for a quarter of an hour.
- Peel the onions and carrots. Finely chop and add to the lamb for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a large pot or cauldron.
- Cut pepper and eggplant into thin strips, and cut tomatoes into cubes. Add them to the cauldron along with seasonings and chopped cilantro.
- Place the bone from a piece of lamb meat in a separate pan, put onions and carrots there. Fill with water and cook for an hour. Remove the seeds and pour the broth into the dishes with meat and vegetables.
- Put the lagman on a small fire, simmer 40 minutes.
- Cook the noodles in salted water. Serve by spreading it in a serving plate and pouring the broth with meat and vegetables.
Check out other recipes for making lagman at home..
Another variant of a delicious, satisfying, nutritious first course. Lamb and bean soup is very rich, thick. All products included in the composition are perfectly combined with each other. Be sure to try to cook this dish someday. You will be surprised how unusual a taste combination of such seemingly simple products can be..
- lamb – 250 g;
- salt, pepper, spices – to taste;
- canned beans – 1 can;
- greens – a bunch;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.;
- tomato – 1 large;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- carrots – 1 pc.
- Pour the meat with two liters of water. Start cooking the broth. When it boils, put the peeled onion (whole) in the pan, seasonings.
- Grind carrots, sweet peppers, peelless tomatoes, greens.
- Remove the meat and onions from the broth. Put carrots there, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and beans. Cook for 5 minutes. Put boiled mutton into pieces in a pan. Turn off, insist a quarter of an hour under the lid.
How to cook mutton soup – chefs tips
A few recommendations to improve the taste of the dish:
- If you want the mutton soup to be transparent, strain the broth before preparing the rest of the food in it. You can put the meat to boil, wait for boiling and drain the water. The piece will need to be washed. After it is again set to boil in clean water.
- Better take the meat on the bone. If possible, chop it before cooking.
- Add more seasonings, greens to the dish.