The content of the article
- How to cook zander in the oven
- How much to bake
- Oven baked pike perch recipe
- In whole foil
- With mushrooms
- In foil
- With sour cream
- With potatoes
- With vegetables
- Up the sleeve
- Under the fur coat
- Oven from pike perch – cooking secrets
This river fish belongs to the category of diet because it has low fat content, but a high percentage of protein. Cooking zander is a pleasure: it has few bones, the raw product has no pronounced smell, and the fillet is very tender. Professionals advise baking it, because when frying it loses its juiciness. How to do it?
How to cook zander in the oven
Before starting work, professionals advise evaluating the quality of the fish: check the smell, which should not be unpleasant for you, consider the uniformity of the color of the fillet, softness and density. If it falls apart, the product has been frozen several times. It can only be cut, twisted and cutlets or meatballs made. After checking the quality, you can proceed to the preparation of fish. The main nuances:
- Before baking pikeperch in the oven, it needs to be cut: cut the abdomen lengthwise, eliminate the insides, rinse. Be sure to remove the gills from the head.
- The washed carcass / pieces should be well dried inside and out..
- Let the product soak in the smell of herbs or pre-prepared sauce – the baked meat will be softer, more juicy and aromatic.
How much to bake
The duration of work with this fish depends on the recipe that you have chosen. The main nuances that affect how long it is to bake zander – size, shape, preliminary heat treatment or its absence. Approximate orientations:
- If the pike perch was fried before being sent to the oven, it will cook in a quarter of an hour.
- Baked in slices without prior heat treatment will be ready in 20 minutes.
- Stuffed zander, baked whole in the oven, needs 40-45 minutes.
Oven baked pike perch recipe
The ideas of fish dishes that you find below are ideal for housewives with any experience, so don’t be afraid to experiment. The advice of professionals at the end of the article will help bring the culinary masterpiece to the ideal. When the recipe for cooking pike perch in the oven is selected, pay attention to finding the right size of the product. Large is good to stuff whole, and cut into slices is better than small – it is juicier.
In whole foil
This recipe is absolutely dietary and basic, as the list of products is incredibly short and simple. You will understand how to cook whole zander in the oven, even if you had not previously held any fish in your hands. Step-by-step technology with photos will not leave any room for error. Make sure that the fish is small, fresh, not frozen several times, and proceed. The recipe is for 2 people..
- whole zander – 2 pcs.;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l .;
- sprigs of rosemary – 3 pcs.;
- medium-sized lemons – 2 pcs.;
- sea salt – 2 tsp;
- dry herbs provence – 1 tsp.
- Wash and gut the pikeperch through an abdominal incision. Leave your head.
- Squeeze juice from half a lemon, beat with olive oil. Pour this pike perch sauce inside and out.
- Grate each fish with salt and herbs.
- Break rosemary sprigs, arrange them inside the fish. Add to them slices of the other half of the lemon. Pickle 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wrap each fish in foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Whole baked pike perch in the oven will be ready in 20 minutes. Before serving, cover with slices of the remaining lemon, let lie another 5-7 minutes.
Some sources refer to such a dish as French casserole, however, it has nothing to do with the cuisine of this beautiful country. Cooking pikeperch fillet under a cheese crust with sweet pepper and cream should be mastered by any housewife in order to surprise home and guests – the taste and look are delicious, regardless of nationality,.
- pike perch fillet – 400 g;
- bell pepper;
- olive oil;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- mozzarella – 50 g;
- cream – half a glass;
- nutmeg, salt.
- Cut the washed fish fillet into small pieces: the thickness varies from 4 to 6 cm. Grate with salt, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cut mozzarella into very thin strips – so when melted, it will become a thick thread that reaches for a fish piece.
- Coarse hard cheese.
- Chop pepper and bake on parchment, sprinkled with olive oil.
- Fill the glass form with slices of fillet, cover with baked pepper, spread mozzarella on top. Pour cream into the casserole.
- Cook at 200 degrees 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle baked pike perch with cheese chips and hold in the oven for another 7-10 minutes at the same temperature.
Fish, being a protein product, is combined mainly with light vegetables – even potatoes are rarely added to it. However, pike perch baked with mushrooms is still considered dietary. It can be cooked whole or in pieces. The last option is convenient for a family dinner, so that everyone can put a separate portion without suffering from slicing fish.
- great pike perch;
- mushrooms – 370 g;
- semi-hard cheese – 70 g;
- cream – 1/3 cup;
- frying oil;
- salt pepper;
- coriander grains.
- Cut the fish fillet into large pieces. If you are working with whole fish, gut, remove the skin, remove the ridge and large bones before this.
- Season with salt and pepper and coriander seeds. Let lie for half an hour.
- Chop the onion, fry until transparent. Add mushroom plates, simmer for 13-15 minutes.
- Make a sauce: combine cream with grated cheese, pour in the liquid that emerged during the stewing of the mushrooms. Mix.
- Fill the refractory form with fish pieces. Cover with mushrooms and onions. Pour sauce.
- The pike perch, baked in slices in the oven, will be cooked in 20 minutes, and another 10 minutes will brown..
One of the most successful ways to cook even skinny fish while preserving its juiciness is called by professionals. It is important to remember here that the packaging of the product must be carried out in a special way: the shiny part always looks inward to keep and give out heat inside. Delicious zander in the oven in the foil cooks quickly, and is eaten even faster.
- medium-sized zander;
- fleshy tomato;
- liquid mustard – 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil – 1 tsp;
- a bunch of dill;
- Wash and gut the fish. Grate salt from inside, put dill, onion rings there.
- Mix mustard with oil, cover this mass of fish.
- After half an hour, make transverse shallow cuts on it, fill with tomato slices. The remaining spread out on top.
- Wrap with foil, place on a baking sheet. Bake at 190 degrees 25-30 minutes.
With sour cream
Due to its reduced fat content, such a fish requires the adoption of certain measures to preserve a juicy fillet. The easiest way to achieve this is by making a sauce or marinade. Baked pike perch in sour cream is already the same classic as chicken with potatoes: it is light, tender, healthy and low-calorie. Add a little fresh greens, a vegetable side dish here, and you get a diet lunch.
- sour cream – a glass;
- a bunch of dill;
- Butcher and rinse the fish carcass. Coarsely chopped.
- Grate with salt inside and out, let lie down for 10-20 minutes.
- Treat the fish with sour cream, wrap in foil. Bake for half an hour at 190 degrees.
- Serve sprinkled with tattered dill.
Professionals of this type of recipes are called oriented to “lazy people”, since the number of gestures from the performer is minimal. You just need to cut the fish, chop the potatoes, mix all the products and send to bake. If you wish, you can additionally prepare a quick mayonnaise sauce with fresh herbs and ground pepper.
- large zander;
- potato – 3 pcs.;
- onions – 2 pcs.;
- ground pepper;
- dried thyme – 1 tsp;
- coarse salt.
- Peel a potato, cut into quarters or thick slices – it depends on its size. Salt.
- Cut the fish in portions, grate with salt, pepper, thyme. Lay on the bottom of a large pot.
- Top with onion rings and potatoes. Salt and pepper again.
- To cover with a lid. Cooking temperature – 190 degrees.
- Baked zander with potatoes in the oven will be ready in 40-45 minutes – be guided by the softness of the additional components. The dish can be browned by removing the lid for the last 8-10 minutes.
A whole baked fish is often filled with lemon slices and sprigs of herbs, but you can also make a full filling for it. For this purpose, it is good to use any vegetables, some types of berries / fruits (unsweetened), cereals boiled in advance. For a complete understanding of how to stuff pike perch correctly, pay attention to the photos attached to the recipe.
- zander – 1.5-1.7 kg;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- rice – 2 tbsp. l .;
- cloves of garlic – 2 pcs.;
- walnuts – a handful;
- dry herbs;
- Warm nuts in a pan, crush.
- Skip the garlic through a press, strip the tomatoes, knead. Connect both components.
- Boil the rice until half-cooked – the grains must be solid inside. Add to the tomato-garlic mixture. Add nuts here.
- Squeeze juice from lemon, mix with herbs and salt. Grate this mass of gutted fish carcass inside and out.
- Stuff through an incision on the abdomen. Tighten this place with toothpicks or stitch with culinary thread.
- Wrap in foil, bake for 25 minutes.
Fish is a universal product that goes well with almost everything, so pike perch with vegetables in the oven can be prepared with traditional pepper-carrot and with a cabbage mix. The recipe below suggests the use of green beans, which are often replaced with asparagus. In addition, you can take some fresh herbs, and to reduce calories, instead of butter, put sour cream.
- large zander;
- carrots – 2 pcs;
- sweet peppers – 2 pcs.;
- green beans – 200 g;
- white bread – 100 g;
- butter – 20 g;
- salt, herbs.
- Gut the fish, rinse, cut into pieces.
- Grate the carrots coarsely, cut the peppers into strips, the bread crumb into cubes.
- Mix vegetables and bread, add fish slices to them. Salt, sprinkle with herbs.
- Distribute in portioned ceramic bowls, put in the same pieces of oil.
- Baked pike perch in the oven will be ready in 20-25 minutes, it is not necessary to cover it. Recommended temperature – 190 degrees.
Up the sleeve
Those who appreciate dietary dishes should definitely learn how to cook meat / fish in the sleeve. It is quick, simple and helps dispense with the oily components that are designed to retain moisture between the fibers. Delicious tender pike perch in a baking sleeve can be obtained even without vegetables. For the first experiment, you can add a little carrot and a large onion to it.
- small pike perch;
- white onion;
- ground white pepper;
- rosemary – a pinch.
- Cut the carrots into circles, onions into rings.
- Gut the fish, divide into portions. Grate with rosemary, salt, pepper.
- Mix fill these products sleeve.
- How to bake zander on this technology? Tie, make a few punctures with a thin needle. Lay on a wire rack, under it is a deep pan.
- Baked fish will be ready in 35 minutes. Oven temperature – about 180 degrees.
Under the fur coat
This dish is very similar to the well-known salad of the same name, but mayonnaise is not used here (sour cream is taken for tenderness). Baked zander under a fur coat in the oven is cooked with beets, but it can be replaced with potatoes. Bunches of dill, parsley can be added to the green onion arrows, and the fish dish itself can be served on salad leaves with a side dish of baked green peas.
- large pike perch with caviar;
- beets – 2 pcs.;
- sour cream – a glass;
- onion greens;
- seasonings, salt;
- cooking oil.
- Butcher the fish by taking out the caviar – it will be used later. Cut into portions, season with salt, seasoning.
- Grate beets coarsely, mix with sour cream and chopped onion herbs.
- Arrange the fish pieces in a greased frying pan, fry at maximum power until brown on both sides.
- Move them onto a baking sheet, around each one make a “barrier” from the foil bent several times.
- Top make a “coat” of caviar and sour-beetroot mass.
- Duration of baking – half an hour at 200 degrees.
Oven from pike perch – cooking secrets
Professionals are sure that baking zander is badly impossible – this is one of the simplest products that an inexperienced housewife will not spoil. However, to get the perfect meal, there are several important points to consider:
- Freshness of the fish is easy to check: if the mucus present on the gills is transparent, it was recently caught.
- The taste of the fillet is sweet, so salt can be used a little more than always. Especially if you cook baked zucchini, apples, pumpkin, beets at the same time.
- Ideal sauces – wine, mushroom, creamy. You can make a marinade based on white dry wine, pink. Mayonnaise is undesirable – it will kill the original taste of this product.
- Fans of spicy notes can try to fill the pike perch with beer or kvass..
- The most delicious side dishes, according to professionals – mushrooms, any kind of cheese, asparagus.
- If you plan to make stuffed fish, use only fresh carcass – after freezing, skin elasticity is lost.
- For preliminary frying, try to take a cast-iron frying pan – on it you can “seal” the juice of each piece and quickly get a nice beautiful crust as in the photo.
- A proven way to get the perfect brown color of a baked fish: frying for 6-7 minutes at maximum heat, and after cooking in the oven at 230 degrees (another 4-5 minutes).