The content of the article
- How to cook chicken legs in the oven
- How much to bake
- Oven Chicken and Potato Recipe
- With crispy crust
- With cheese
- Up the sleeve
- In kefir
- In foil
- Oven Chicken Legs with Potatoes
Every housewife loves to cook chicken drumsticks, because the process requires a minimum of effort, time and ingredients. But in return the whole family gets a hearty, fragrant and beautiful dinner. The dish is used as the main food or it can be a cold appetizer decorated with greens.
How to cook chicken legs in the oven
Drumsticks go well with many products. Cooking chicken with potatoes in the oven will not take you too much time, because you just need to prepare the products, and the equipment itself will bring them to readiness. It is necessary to lay the meat in a special form, on a baking sheet or any other heat-resistant container, the bottom of which is covered with baking paper. Can also be baked in a sleeve or foil.
How much to bake
Drumsticks are a unique product from which you can quickly make a dish, even if unexpected guests are already on the doorstep. Many housewives are interested in how much chicken legs are cooked in the oven, because most are used to just frying them. So, it will take at least an hour to prepare the original fragrant dinner – no more than an hour, and the meat can be baked with a side dish, which is also important.
You can bake both whole drumsticks and chopped into a couple of pieces. Before baking chicken legs in the oven, they must be thoroughly washed, dried with a paper towel, and then marinated. The last action will give the dish a unique flavor. You can marinate chicken drumsticks, as well as chicken legs in sour cream, soy sauce, citrus or tomato juice, seasoned with salt and spices.
Oven Chicken and Potato Recipe
Two of these ingredients are affordable for everyone, so there are many options for their preparation. Lazy people can just fry the drumsticks and boil the potatoes, and if you have an extra hour, be sure to try to bake the back of the chicken. Choose the recipe for your chicken legs in the oven and feed the whole family an excellent dinner.
With crispy crust
Here the main role is played by a special honey mustard marinade. Thanks to him, chicken legs with a crust in the oven are fantastically delicious and fragrant. It is worth noting that the shins do not have to be pickled for a long time, with this sauce you can immediately start baking. Look at the photo attached below: this is how your dish will end up.
- garlic – 2 teeth .;
- soy sauce – 110 ml;
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp. l .;
- drumsticks – 600 g;
- honey – 1 tbsp. l .;
- mustard – 1 tbsp. l.
- Prepare the marinade: pour soy sauce in a small container, put a spoonful of honey and mustard, squeeze a couple of tablespoons of juice from a lemon. When squeezing juice, be careful that citrus seeds do not get into the marinade. Grind the peeled garlic cloves with a device such as a garlic squeezer. Send the mixture to the rest of the ingredients, mix.
- Washed tibia pour marinade. Stir your hands so that the meat is well saturated with mustard-honey mixture.
- Move the legs to the baking dish, put in the oven. Cook for about an hour at 200 degrees.
Roasting is one of the easiest ways to prepare a hearty, tasty, fragrant dinner. This is especially true if you expect guests to arrive. Making chicken drumsticks with potatoes and cheese is quick and easy, and in return you will get a very elegant dish. Some tried to add mushrooms to the main ingredients: they give the hot special flavor notes.
- cheese – 150 g;
- salt, seasonings – to taste;
- onion – 2 pcs.;
- champignons – 0.5 kg;
- drumsticks – 4 pcs.;
- mayonnaise – 2 tbsp. l .;
- potatoes – 1 kg.
- Rinse legs, wipe with a paper towel.
- Onion cut into thin half rings.
- Salt the drumsticks, add chopped onion to them, pour the mayonnaise, mix everything together, leave the meat to soak a little.
- Cut the potatoes into circles, immediately put in a baking dish, pour a glass of water.
- Washed mushrooms cut into thin slices.
- Put a layer of mushroom plates on the potatoes, then send the chicken legs there.
- Put the mold in a preheated oven, bake at 250 degrees.
- After half an hour, remove the form, grind the meat with grated cheese, and then bake another 20 minutes.
- The finished dish can be sprinkled with fresh chopped herbs.
Up the sleeve
If you want to please household members with beautiful food, as in the photo, then this recipe is sure to appeal to you. Chicken drumsticks baked in a sleeve with potatoes – this is an excellent option for the holiday menu, as well as for cooking on a normal weekday. Be sure to replenish your cookbook with this method, then to pamper yourself and loved ones with excellent food.
- potatoes – 6 pcs.;
- salt, pepper – to taste;
- celery – 4 stalks;
- carrots – 4 pcs.;
- drumsticks – 1.8 kg;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- water – 0.5 cups.
- Rinse and dry the legs, and cut all the vegetables into thick rings.
- Grate chicken legs with seasonings, put in a sleeve, send onions, carrots, potatoes there. Close the sleeve tightly with clamps.
- Place the bag on a baking sheet, which put in an already preheated oven. Bake for at least 1.5 hours.
- 15 minutes before being ready to cut the film so that the dish is browned and the crust on the meat becomes crispy.
Legs are a popular product in the kitchen of every housewife, because this part of the chicken is quick to prepare and affordable. There are many ways to bake, for example, chicken legs in kefir in the oven. The dish turns out to be very juicy, aromatic, but not too fat, which is a plus for those who follow a diet or eat right.
- breadcrumbs – 2 cups;
- parsley, salt, seasonings – to taste;
- drumsticks – 1 kg;
- oil (drain) – 30 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- garlic – 2 teeth .;
- kefir – 2 glasses.
- Pour kefir into a bowl, add garlic, chopped parsley, juice squeezed from lemon.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate, salt a little.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil or paper.
- Dip each leg first in kefir mixture, then chop with breadcrumbs, then lay on a baking sheet.
- Spread the spread out legs with melted butter.
- Bake 1.5 hours at 180 degrees. Serve with baked potatoes or as a standalone dish.
Many housewives think how to quickly prepare dinner so that it is tasty and satisfying. An excellent option is fragrant potatoes with chicken in foil. Thanks to this method of baking, the meat will turn out to be juicy and soft, and the potatoes will melt in the mouth. The photo shows how to make dinner, if you follow the step-by-step recommendations, as described in the recipe..
- Dijon mustard, whole grains – 2 tbsp each. l .;
- dried rosemary, thyme – 0.5 tsp;
- salt, pepper, herbs – to taste;
- olive oil – 3 tbsp. l .;
- red small potatoes – 450 g;
- drumsticks – 4 pcs.;
- lemon – 1 pc.
- Turn on the oven immediately so that it has time to warm up to 180 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil with the rest of the prepared spices, and add salt and pepper. Mustard can be put a little less so that the gravy is then not too sharp.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil so that they are about 30 cm long.
- Rinse the small potatoes, divide into 4 parts, put each part in the center of the leaf (in one layer), pour oil, season.
- Generously coat the legs with mustard mixture, put on top of the potatoes. Cover with a thin ring of lemon.
- Tighten the corners of the sheets, place on a baking sheet. Bake chicken legs with potatoes in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Oven Chicken Legs with Potatoes
The baking process itself is simple, especially if there is a step-by-step recipe at hand. However, before you cook the chicken legs in the oven for the first time, read some recommendations:
- To get a flavorful dish, marinate the meat and let it soak in a mixture of seasonings for a couple of hours.
- You should not add a lot of water to the dishes where the product is pickled, if there are already any vegetables inside: they will already give out the necessary amount of juice.
- It is better to add a little wine diluted in water to the marinade. Thanks to this, the meat will become softer, and the finished dish will have a piquant aroma..
- To make the baked chicken legs in the oven crisp, 10 minutes before the end of cooking, increase the temperature and provide direct air access to the meat, removing the foil, cutting the sleeve or removing the lid.
Find out more recipes for cooking potatoes with chicken in the oven.