The content of the article
- How to pickle cucumbers for the winter in banks
- The recipe for delicious pickled cucumbers
- Traditional pickling of cucumbers with citric acid
- Canned Cucumbers with Citric Acid and Mustard
- Cucumber Recipe with Citric Acid and Onion
- Preservation of cucumbers with citric acid
- How to cook pickled cucumbers with tomatoes
- Pickling Cucumbers with Citric Acid
Summer pickling of cucumbers for the winter is an important stage of crop processing for a summer resident. Grandmothers, great-grandmothers preferred to preserve all the useful properties of vegetables, treat them to cold. Recipes for pickled cucumbers with citric acid do not become obsolete. In order not to unnecessarily ask the elderly, understand the secrets of different options for the dish.
How to pickle cucumbers for the winter in banks
Each dish has secrets that make the taste of vegetables delicious. At the very beginning, it is important to estimate the size of the cucumbers: they should not be too long, otherwise they will have to be cut so that the product fits in a jar. Before salting, all vegetables must be checked: they should not have any flaws, only the most beautiful ones are needed. If at least one copy is “sick” – the whole bank will have to be thrown away.
All instructions for pickling cucumbers contain the same first point: leave the vegetables for five to six hours in cold water. This is a key point: it is necessary that the fruits absorb a sufficient amount of water, otherwise they will absorb the marinade, which can cause mold to form inside the jar. Nobody wants to see a “surprise” in the form of a fungus instead of delicious crispy vegetables.
Garlic, hot pepper or garlic is added to give a spicy taste. Dill, parsley, savory, tarragon, basil, coriander – classic spices for the preparation of brine. To make cucumbers with citric acid crunch for the winter, experienced housewives add oak, blackcurrant or cherry leaves. Sometimes sugar is poured to improve the fermentation process, and some cooks put more sugar than salt.
Filling takes up half the volume of the can. Based on this, the necessary amount of water should be calculated. Banks need to be sterilized: so no bacteria or fungus will be diluted during the preparation of preservation, its storage in a cool place. Those who know the basic rules will have fewer questions on how to pickle cucumbers in order to preserve the crop. Try to prepare the recipe at least once, and it will not be difficult for you to repeat the dish next summer.
The recipe for delicious pickled cucumbers
Juicy pickled cucumbers with citric acid is a great alternative if you are afraid to go too far with vinegar. Only the wrong storage can spoil this pickling, but this is very easy to avoid. Cook with pleasure, and then enjoy delicious vegetables in the winter, rich in all vitamins..
Traditional pickling of cucumbers with citric acid
The ingredients of this recipe are designed for two liter jars:
- spices: dill – 2 pcs. per serving;
- mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon;
- salt and sugar – 2 tablespoons each;
- cherry leaves – a few things;
- bay leaf – 1 pc.;
- garlic – 1 head;
- citric acid – 1 teaspoon per jar;
- water – 1 l.
- At the bottom of the cans put dill, pour mustard. Squeeze or chop the garlic, add the remaining spices.
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers, put in water for several hours.
- Put vegetables in a jar, boil water.
- Pour boiling water for fifteen minutes. After this period, drain the water into the pan..
- Salt water, add sugar, bring to a boil. Then cook for five minutes.
- Add brine to jars, put acid.
- Roll up the cans. Flip them then cool.
Canned Cucumbers with Citric Acid and Mustard
Pickled cucumbers with citric acid stand for a long time, do not deteriorate, crackle, eat almost instantly after opening liter cans. For many, this is the taste of childhood: canned cucumbers with boiled potatoes and butter. How to please yourself with goodies yourself? Need to take:
- garlic cloves – 5-6 pcs;
- Bay leaf;
- mustard seeds – 2-3 tablespoons;
- cucumbers – 2 kg;
- dill, pepper;
- salt – from 2 tbsp (taste);
- citric acid.
The following should be done:
- Prepare cucumbers: rinse them, soak for a couple of hours. Cut off the “butt”.
- Peel and cut the garlic into plates.
- Put on the bottom of the jar: lavrushka, garlic, pepper, mustard seeds.
- Fill the container with prepared cucumbers.
- Fill the jar with boiling water for ten to fifteen minutes. Pour hot water carefully so that the glass does not crack.
- After that, drain the water into the dishes, add salt, pepper and sugar. Boil for a few minutes.
- Pour the brine back into the jars, add acid. Close caps tightly. Turn over and set to cool.
Cucumber Recipe with Citric Acid and Onion
You can pickle cucumbers in a wide variety of ways. We bring to your attention another interesting recipe. For one liter can, you need to take:
- cucumbers – 2 kg;
- salt – 1 teaspoon;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- lemon juice or acid;
- carrot – 1 pc.;
- greens to taste;
- sugar – 2 tablespoons;
- Prepare vegetables, greens: rinse everything, clean. Chop onions and carrots.
- Close the bottom of the container with onions along with carrots.
- Then lay out the cucumbers, alternating them with herbs, spices.
- Pour in cold water. Add all spices, acid.
- Close the lid of the jar. Pour water into a pan, place a container there. Bring to a boil on fire.
- After boiling, turn off the stove and allow the dish to cool naturally. Immediately roll up the can.
Homemade preparation of cucumbers is pleasant and profitable. The product is several times tastier than canned vegetables bought at the store, while pickling vegetables is not difficult. Sterilization conditions, secrets of how to roll up and close the banks, will tell experienced chefs in the video instructions. How to properly preserve the taste of cucumbers, is it worth adding vigorous horseradish to brine – the answers to these and other questions in a selection of plots. Watch and learn from professionals.