The content of the article
- Step by step recipes for cooking vegetable stew
- Basic zucchini and potato stew recipe
- Vegetable dish with the addition of cabbage, eggplant and other vegetables
- Zucchini stew with chicken
- Hearty stew of zucchini, potatoes and pork
- Stew with minced meat
- How many calories are in vegetable stew
In the summer, vegetable stews are especially popular, for the preparation of which zucchini, potatoes and other ingredients are used. To give the dish satiety, calorie content (which is especially true for men), you can add meat or minced meat. If there is a slow cooker, cooking will take very little time.
Step by step recipes for cooking vegetable stew
Cuisines of the world have more than 100 stew recipes, which include zucchini and potatoes. To make the dish have a rich taste, various seasonings, other vegetables, mushrooms, pumpkin or meat products are added to it. The most popular recipes are the classic stew of zucchini and potatoes, cooked in a slow cooker; vegetable with a variety of ingredients; with zucchini and chicken or pork, and minced meat.
Basic zucchini and potato stew recipe
To make a classic stew with potatoes and zucchini in a slow cooker, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 medium sized zucchini;
- 4 potato tubers;
- 2 onions;
- two carrots;
- 2 tablespoons of chopped greens;
- seasonings – black pepper, salt, a few bay leaves;
- 200 ml of water (if desired, lean meat broth can be used).
- Wash vegetables thoroughly, peel, chop into cubes.
- Peel the carrots and onion, chop them into thin half rings. Pour a little vegetable oil at the bottom of the multicooker bowl, fry these foods until translucent (if there is no multicooker, you can cook this dish in a deep pan or pan).
- Add potatoes, zucchini, water (or broth). Pour seasonings, put bay leaf.
- Set the “Extinguishing” mode on the multicooker, cook for 30-40 minutes (the exact time depends on the capabilities of the equipment).
- Put the finished dish in a semi-deep plate, if desired, garnish with sour cream, ketchup, greens. Bon Appetit!
Ragu is a delicious dish that is suitable for everyday use. This is ideal for those who follow a diet or prefer a healthy diet. The classic recipe is suitable for the first feeding of the child. Watch a video with a detailed description of cooking vegetable stew in a multicooker:
Vegetable dish with the addition of cabbage, eggplant and other vegetables
In dishes that include a mixture of vegetables, it is easy to replace the components with others, which allows you to experiment with tastes. Consider several options for a dish of potatoes and zucchini with various vegetables – eggplant and white cabbage. Ingredients:
- potatoes 400-500 grams;
- 2 small eggplants;
- 3 zucchini;
- carrots – one thing;
- onions – 2 pcs.;
- 2 tomatoes (if desired, you can replace with tomato juice or sauce);
- garlic – a few cloves;
- herbs, spices, seasonings to taste.
How to make stew in a multicooker:
- We peel the onion, chopping it with medium-sized cubes. Three carrots on a grater (coarse).
- In the multicooker bowl add a little vegetable oil, put the prepared onions, carrots there. Turn on the “Frying” or “Baking”. Fry vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Peel potatoes, eggplant, zucchini and cut into cubes. If the zucchini is young, peeling is not necessary.
- Add potatoes to the onions and carrots, fry. It should be a beautiful golden crust.
- Add the remaining ingredients, seasonings, cloves of garlic, cut into plates.
- We select the multicooker mode depending on taste preferences. For lovers of homogeneous dishes – “Stew” for 1 hour. For those who prefer to feel the taste of each vegetable separately in a dish, the cooking time should be reduced by 20-30 minutes.
Ingredients for a dish with cabbage:
- 5 potato tubers;
- 2 onions;
- carrots – two pieces;
- tomatoes (3 pcs.) or 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- a few cloves of garlic to give a special flavor;
Cooking in a slow cooker:
- Grind all vegetables (except cabbage) into cubes. We cut cabbage, approximately, like on borsch.
- Pour the sunflower oil into the slow cooker, put the onion and fry it, after selecting the program “Frying”.
- Add carrots, garlic, cut into several slices – lightly fry everything.
- Add the potatoes, fry them all together for several minutes, then turn off the multicooker.
- Put zucchini, cabbage in the bowl, add spices (salt, black pepper, bay leaf, others to taste). Then you need to gently mix the ingredients and add a glass of water (preferably hot).
- We turn on the multicooker for the “Extinguishing” mode, the cooking time is a maximum of 40 minutes. Garnish with fresh vegetables or herbs before serving..
Zucchini stew with chicken
To cook a vegetable stew with chicken in a slow cooker you will need:
- 250 grams of chicken fillet;
- 2 small zucchini;
- 2 tomatoes;
- White cabbage;
- 2 carrots;
- two onions;
- herbs, spices, seasonings;
- ketchup 2 tablespoons (tomato paste can be used).
Stages of preparation:
- Peel the onion, grind it (in cubes), fry in sunflower oil in a slow cooker until golden brown.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and fry in a pan until cooked.
- Cut the carrots into strips, send to the onion.
- Zucchini cut into medium-sized cubes, add to vegetables. We wait until all excess liquid evaporates from the multicooker.
- Add cabbage (finely chopped) and chopped tomatoes.
- We put potatoes, seasonings, spices.
- We spread the chicken to vegetables, on the multicooker mode “Quenching”, bring to readiness (20-35 minutes).
Hearty stew of zucchini, potatoes and pork
Making a hearty, tasty dish in a slow cooker is not difficult if you add a little pork to it. Men will appreciate such gourmet food, and housewives can use a slow cooker or even a pressure cooker when cooking. For cooking, you will need the following products:
- pork – 0.5 kg;
- one onion;
- young potatoes – 4 tubers;
- zucchini – two small;
- three tomatoes;
- carrots – 1 piece;
- spices, garlic (a few cloves).
Step by step cooking:
- Pork meat is cut into small squares. In a slow cooker, fry it with chopped onions.
- While the meat is fried, prepare zucchini, potatoes, carrots – peel everything and cut into medium cubes.
- When the meat is almost ready, add water (200 grams), spices, seasonings. Put on the “Extinguishing” mode for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes of cooking, add diced potatoes.
- Ten minutes before ready, put the zucchini and carrots, and after 5 minutes, add chopped tomatoes.
- Decorate the finished dish with herbs, let it brew for a couple of minutes.
Stew with minced meat
To prepare vegetables with minced meat in a slow cooker, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- minced meat (suitable from pork or chicken) – 250-350 grams;
- 2 carrots;
- one large onion;
- zucchini – 1 piece;
- spices, mayonnaise to taste.
How to make stew in a slow cooker with minced meat:
- Grind the ingredients: zucchini and onions – in cubes, carrots – on a grater, cabbage – straws.
- In a slow cooker, saute the minced meat, add onions, carrots. We pass everything well.
- Add zucchini, pour in water (200 ml), turn on the “Extinguishing” mode and simmer until half ready.
- We introduce cabbage, stew a little more.
- Add melted butter (two tablespoons), spices, mayonnaise – simmer for another 10 minutes.
How many calories are in vegetable stew
Stew is suitable for diet food. This is due to the low calorie content of the ingredients separately, and the products stewed in a multicooker retain all the beneficial properties. Such dishes well affect the digestive system, the work of internal organs. You will be always fit and healthy. Here is the calorie content:
- classic version – 29.5 kcal / 100 grams;
- with chicken – 830 kcal per serving, weighing 610 grams;
- with pork – 140 calories per 1000 grams of product;
- from zucchini with eggplant – 28.6 per 100 grams.
In winter, you often want fresh vegetables, fruits or dishes that are prepared from them. To make vegetable stew or soup from zucchini and potatoes in a slow cooker at any time of the year, you need to prepare all the ingredients for the winter. You will need cauliflower, eggplant, carrots and Bulgarian pepper. To understand in more detail the nuances of freezing vegetables for the winter, watch the video below. Product Harvesting Instructions: