The content of the article
- How to cook a rum woman
- Fondant Recipe for Rum Woman
- Form for a rum woman
- Rum Woman Recipe
- From Julia Vysotskaya
- How to bake a rum woman at home – recommendations
Sweet impregnated buns with a “cap” of sugar fudge – all this is rum baba. Dessert appeared in Poland: according to legend, the duke dipped a dry German pie in rum and was delighted with the taste. Cupcakes were named according to one version – in honor of Ali Baba, according to the second – from the name of the skirts of local peasant women. Accent correctly put on the second syllable babA.
How to cook a rum woman
From Poland, the dessert was brought to France, where it became known as savarene – it looks like a ring soaked in alcoholic syrup with spices and rum, covered with apricot jam, icing and raisin filling. In modern conditions, it is difficult to make a rum woman, because muffins are baked for a long time, require careful dexterity in impregnation and fondant decoration.
The main components of the composition are premium flour, yeast, milk, butter and eggs. Of these, knead the dough, season with salt, sugar, raisins, orange peel or saffron to obtain a yellow color. The dough is allowed to rise twice, removed to “rest” for a night or a day, laid out on cookie cutters and baked. When ready, women are impregnated with sugar syrup and rum, decorated with glaze.
Fondant Recipe for Rum Woman
The favorite part of the dessert is sugar fudge topping the cupcake. For her, you need to take granulated sugar or powder, a little water and lemon juice. The classic fondant recipe for a rum woman does not involve the addition of other components, but you can tint the base with food colors for a more attractive color. The optimal proportions for making lipstick are two parts of sugar and one part of water plus a teaspoon of lemon juice.
The manufacture is complex and requires adherence to technology: sugar is mixed with water and heated gently. Stir the mixture vigorously so that the sugar melts. If it does not dissolve, you can add a little water, but it will take longer to boil the fondant. By the beginning of the boil, the sugar should completely dissolve, because after the appearance of bubbles on the surface, the mass should not be interfered.
Before bringing the mixture to a boil, remove the spray from the inside of the pan with a damp brush, cover and simmer for three minutes over high heat. After that, open the dishes, pour in the lemon juice and cook until the taken drop of mass is folded into a soft ball. It remains to remove the pan from the heat, quickly cool it and knead it with a spatula to make a snow-white lipstick. It is left under the film until morning, and before application it is warmed up to 55 degrees. Fondant for a rum woman is applied by dipping a bun into a mass.
Form for a rum woman
An elongated narrow “Easter cake” – this is the traditional form for a rum woman. It resembles a cone with a cut bottom, which is convenient to hold by the tip and bite off soft dough. In cooking, women use special stainless steel cups to cook women. To prevent the cupcakes from sticking to the walls and bottom, the molds are oiled, lined with parchment or silicone products are used..
Rum Woman Recipe
Repeating the classic recipe for a rum woman yourself is difficult, because dessert requires skill and exact adherence to technology. The result will be worth it – a delicate crumb soaked in sweet syrup, with or without rum, will appeal to adults and children. To diversify the recipe of a rum woman at home, you can add toppings from jam or berries, decorate with custard and pastry topping.
- Cooking time: 1 day.
- Servings Per Container: 16 Persons.
- Calorie content: 283 kcal per 100 g.
- Purpose: for dessert.
- Cuisine: Russian.
- The complexity of the preparation: difficult.
The recipe for rum women according to GOST step by step involves the long-term production of a sweet cake. From the given number of components, we get 16 women of 50 grams each, which are soaked in wine, rum or brandy. Aromatic impregnation gives the dessert a spectacular taste, juiciness and tenderness. The traditional version includes pitted raisins, but you can do without it.
- premium wheat flour – 400 g;
- water – 550 ml;
- dry yeast – 5 g;
- butter – 100 g;
- sugar – 100 g;
- eggs – 2 pcs.;
- salt – 2 g;
- vanilla sugar – a bag;
- raisins – 50 grams;
- rum – 50 ml;
- icing sugar – 750 g;
- lemon juice – 10 ml.
- Prepare a dough of half sifted flour, yeast and 150 ml of water. Cover with foil, leave warm for three hours.
- Beat eggs with a salt mixer, send to the dough. Add the rest of the flour, both types of sugar. Stir in a bowl for three minutes, add pieces of soft butter.
- Put the dough on the table, round, stir for six minutes, introduce steamed raisins.
- Leave for an hour in the refrigerator, knead, set aside again for an hour, divide into parts.
- Grease the molds with butter, put the dough on a third of the height, leave it warm for 1.5 hours. Brush with beaten egg, bake for 45 minutes at 210 degrees.
- Remove the neat cupcakes from the molds, put the narrow side down, dry for three hours. Turn over, dry for six hours.
- Make syrup: pour 250 grams of powder with the same volume of water, boil, cook for three minutes. Season with rum.
- Separately mix the rest of the powder and water, dissolve when heated, cook for three minutes under the lid. Add lemon juice, cook to a consistency, constantly taking samples until a drop begins to stretch and forms a ball. Beat lightly with a spatula, let cool. The film is placed on a bowl of fudge, and the mass is sent to the refrigerator for infusion overnight.
- Pound the bottom of the woman with a toothpick or fork, lower it for 10 seconds in warm syrup with the wide end up. Leave for six minutes to evenly distribute the impregnation..
- Preheat the lipstick, dip the rum muffins into it.
From Julia Vysotskaya
- Cooking time: 2 hours.
- Servings Per Container: 8 Persons.
- Calorie content: 280 kcal per 100 g.
- Purpose: for dessert.
- Cuisine: author.
- Difficulty: medium.
The rum woman from Yulia Vysotskaya does not bake for as long as according to GOST, has a pleasant lemon taste due to the addition of limoncello liqueur. For a more aromatic dessert, add the orange zest grated on a coarse grater. In the syrup for impregnation, it is good to introduce spices: vanilla, cinnamon, star anise or cardamom. It is allowed to cook one big woman by the type of cake or a lot of small ones in special molds.
- sugar – 350 g;
- water – 1.5 l;
- oranges – 1 pc.;
- lemons – 1 pc.;
- flour – 0.6 kg;
- eggs – 10 pcs.;
- butter – 200 g;
- dry yeast – 15 g;
- limoncello – 60 ml;
- vanilla extract – 10 ml;
- sea salt – a pinch.
- Turn on the oven, set it to warm up to 150 degrees.
- Melt butter over low heat, sift flour and salt.
- Combine the yeast with a pinch of sugar, pour 80 ml of warm water, leave to swell.
- Beat eggs and 40 g of sugar with a combine with a whisk. Pour in vanilla extract, oil, knead.
- Pour in half the flour, yeast, knead. Enter the remainder of the flour, mix until smooth.
- Leave the container with the dough under a wet warm towel for 20 minutes. Put in a greased dish, cover with a napkin for another 20 minutes.
- Bake for 55 minutes, cool.
- Coarse grated citrus zest, add the rest of sugar, water, boil. Cook until granulated sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the syrup into the women, soak the limoncello on top.
How to bake a rum woman at home – recommendations
The following tips from the cooking guru will help novice chefs bake a rum woman at home:
- do not dip hot women just taken out of the oven into the syrup for impregnation – so they will fall apart and become ugly;
- raisins in baked goods may be replaced with cherries, prunes, dried apricots, candied fruits;
- it is good to make glaze with the addition of berry or fruit syrup, chocolate chips;
- if desired, creamy, custard or curd creams can be added inside the women with rum impregnation;
- soak muffins only with warm syrup so that the mass can absorb it completely, and the consistency does not remain dry;
- you can check the readiness of the cupcakes by piercing their crumb with a toothpick – there will be no sticky dough left on it if the dessert is ready;
- It’s better to warm up the lipstick for “hats” in a water bath, but you can use a microwave oven to save time – every 2-3 seconds you need to remove the mass and mix so that it does not burn;
- for a richer rum taste, soak the raisins not in water, but in alcohol;
- you can bake women without yeast, but they will turn out to be denser – for the test take kefir, flour, egg yolks, sugar and butter, knead and bake;
- to put the dough in the form you need no higher than a third of the height, because the products rise;
- butter in the composition can be replaced with margarine or refined vegetable.