The content of the article
- How to bake salmon in the oven
- How much to bake
- Oven salmon recipe
- In foil
- In creamy sauce
- In foil with lemon
- With potato
- With vegetables
- In soy sauce
- In sour cream sauce
- Skewers on skewers
- Up the sleeve
- How to deliciously bake salmon in the oven – cooking secrets
Saturated with useful trace elements and fatty acids, salmon is an excellent option for serving it for dinner and lunch. The fish baked in the oven turns juicy and appetizing, exudes an attractive aroma, has a delicate texture. It’s good to know the secrets of its preparation to make a perfect dish.
How to bake salmon in the oven
It will be useful for novice cooks to learn how to cook salmon in the oven. Only an oven or microwave can provide high-quality cooking of fish – frying kills its taste and nutrients, and if you use foil or a sleeve, then all the juices and aromas are printed inside. Baked salmon in the oven requires a careful selection of ingredients: the main thing is to buy fresh, chilled or fresh-frozen fish of the proper quality.
Fresh fillet does not have a pronounced fish aroma, it is characterized by an elastic elastic texture. The correct fish will be bright orange, not necessarily red and not pale pink. You can identify a stale product if you notice a gray film on the surface of the fish eyes, or if a dent remains when pressed with a finger. Pay attention to a characteristic unpleasant odor or too dry scales..
Here are some useful tips for making delicious fish:
- It tastes good if you marinate the fish in soy sauce or white dry wine.
- Baked red fish can be dietary if made without oil, seasoned with lemon juice and rosemary.
- After aging in the oven, it’s worth leaving the fish for a few minutes inside, so that it will sweat.
How much to bake
Having chosen all the necessary components for cooking delicious fish, you need to find out how much to bake salmon. Cooking time will depend on the serving size – the whole carcass is baked for about 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees. If salmon steaks are used in the oven, then they are baked faster – only 25 minutes at 160 degrees. You can bake fish on a baking sheet using a sleeve, foil, a special form or pots.
Oven salmon recipe
It is useful to find a recipe for baked salmon in the oven, which, in addition to step-by-step instructions, would also include photos from the video. Then it will be easier for the hostess to cook the fish for the first time so that it turns out to be appetizing and tasty. Recipes from salmon in the oven are different: it can be baked whole or in slices, with lemon or soy sauce, alone or with a side dish of vegetables and potatoes. Provencal herbs, basil, parsley, cream and mushrooms go well with red fish.
The simplest cooking is the salmon steak in the oven, which you just need to marinate in a light sauce. You will get a delicious seasoned fish with a slight acidity due to the use of lemon and the aroma of herbs. It is better to choose fresh steaks for cooking. If not, you can buy chilled fish and cut it in portions yourself.
- steaks – 0.75 kg;
- Provencal herbs – 50 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.
- Rinse steaks, dry, grate with spices and salt, pour over lemon.
- Marinate for 17 minutes, wrap each piece individually with foil.
- Lay out on a baking sheet. Bake at 180 degrees for half an hour.
- 5 minutes before being ready to open the foil, sprinkle with lemon, let brown.
Very tasty and aromatic is the salmon baked in foil, seasoned with lemon-yogurt sauce with the addition of a large amount of greens. Such a fish attracts gourmets with a creamy aroma. It is good to serve it hot on the table right in the foil, garnishing with tomatoes and lettuce leaves (as in the photo). So you get a light dinner or lunch.
- salmon – 1 kg;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- natural yogurt without additives – 50 ml;
- parsley with dill – a bunch;
- lettuce leaves – 6 pcs.;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.
- To clean the fish from the scales, cut into slices 2 cm thick, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice, brush with yogurt. Pickle for half an hour.
- Wrap in foil, bake at 180 degrees 25 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with tomato slices.
In creamy sauce
The salmon with cream sauce in the oven looks unusually attractive. Its delicate soft taste goes well with the light spiciness of meat by adding Dijon mustard. The fish turns out to be very juicy, appetizing, exudes an attractive aroma. It is good to serve it on the festive table, decorating with greens and boiled vegetables (as in the photo). It goes well with mashed potatoes and brown rice..
- cream – 1 liter;
- salmon fillet – 1 kg;
- Dijon mustard – 30 ml;
- dill – a bunch;
- dill, basil, parsley, tarragon – bunch;
- lemon –1 pcs.;
- egg – 3 pcs..
- Cut the fillet into strips 5 cm wide, grate with salt, pepper, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Put on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix egg yolks with cream, add chopped herbs, lemon zest, mustard. Stir, pour fish.
- Bake for 23 minutes at 200 degrees.
In foil with lemon
A classic option is salmon with lemon, which is baked by wrapping in foil. So the dish retains all the juiciness and softness, it turns out very appetizing and healthy. In addition to lemon, you need only fresh basil, which means saving time on the preparation of delicious treats. If desired, you can replace the foil with a sheet of parchment.
- salmon fillet – 4 pcs.;
- lemon – 2 pcs.;
- fresh basil – a bunch;
- olive oil – 30 ml.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, prepare 4 pieces of foil 35 cm wide.
- Cut lemon into rings.
- Lubricate the foil with olive oil, put the fillet on it with the skin down, salt, pepper, garnish with basil and lemon.
- Wrap each piece, bake a third of an hour.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, rice, couscous.
A hearty and nutritious dish is salmon with potatoes in the oven. This high-calorie dish is well suited for quick saturation or serving on the festive table. It will turn out especially tasty and tender if you take fresh fish and young potatoes – then the dish will differ in softness, friability, subtle overflows of taste and aroma. If desired, grated cheese can be added to the recipe to sprinkle salmon when served.
- potatoes – 550 g;
- red onion – 1 pc.;
- butter – 30 g;
- cherry tomatoes – 200 g;
- salmon fillet – 4 pcs..
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into quarters. Chop the onion in half rings.
- Put butter, vegetables at the bottom of the mold, bake for 35 minutes.
- Get out the shape, add whole cherry tomatoes, put the salmon greased with seasonings.
- Bake another 13 minutes.
A baked salmon with vegetables is a dietary option for cooking both a main course and a side dish. The piquancy and unusual taste gives the use of a mixture of hot spices – garlic, pepper, oregano and coriander. By adding colorful vegetables, the dish looks especially attractive. It is good to serve on a festive or casual table.
- salmon steaks – 1 kg;
- olive oil – 50 ml;
- fresh thyme – 3 branches;
- fresh oregano leaves – 20 g;
- sea salt – 5 g;
- ground black pepper – 5 g;
- garlic – 3 cloves;
- fresh parsley – a bunch;
- ground coriander – 1 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- red bell pepper – 2 pcs.;
- white onion – 1 pc.;
- cherry tomatoes – 8 pcs.;
- carrots – 2 pcs.;
- sour cream – 40 ml.
- Make a marinade: mix olive oil, lemon juice, season with pepper and salt. Then pour coriander, crushed garlic, oregano. Finish the flavor by adding thyme leaves and chopped parsley.
- Coat steaks with sauce, rubbing it thoroughly. Pickle for half an hour.
- Paprika cut into slices, carrots rings, chop onions, cut tomatoes in half.
- Put foil on the bottom of the form, add pepper, carrots, onions, put salmon, grease everything with sour cream, put tomatoes.
- Bake at 200 degrees 10 minutes, reduce to 180, bake another third of an hour, reduce temperature to 160 degrees and leave for another quarter hour.
In soy sauce
The salmon in the oven has a rich taste, because this component gives the fish a special elegance and piquancy. The taste acquires a slight pungency, which is enhanced by the addition of garlic. The highlight of the marinade is lemon juice, the citrus flavor of which will be a separate bright chord of the dish. Serve the dish is better hot.
- salmon fillet – 4 pcs.;
- soy sauce – a third of a glass;
- water – a third of a glass;
- sugar – 30 g;
- olive oil – 20 ml;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- lemon – 1 pc.
- Make a marinade: mix soy sauce, water, sugar, lemon juice and chopped garlic. Pickle fish for an hour.
- Put the fillet on the foil, pour the marinade, bake at 220 degrees 17 minutes.
- Serve with rice or bulgur, poured with marinade.
In sour cream sauce
Incredible taste is distinguished by salmon in a cream sauce in the oven, which is easy to cook. A simple dressing based on cheese and sour cream gives the steaks a delicate and pleasant taste, an appetizing aroma that makes you want to eat them faster. The dish looks good on the festive table, but can be included in the daily menu. You can decorate it with greens when serving, pour over the remaining sauce.
- salmon steaks – 500 grams;
- sour cream 20% fat – half a glass;
- lemon juice – 25 ml;
- hard cheese – 50 g;
- greens of parsley, dill, basil – a bunch;
- sunflower oil – 30 ml.
- Rinse the fish, grate with salt, ground black pepper. Fry for a few seconds in a pan to make a brown crust.
- Make a sauce: grate cheese coarsely, chop greens, mix them with sour cream, rosemary, dried basil.
- Put the steaks on an oiled baking sheet, sprinkle with lemon juice. Put sauce on top.
- Bake at 190 degrees a third of an hour.
- If you want a light lunch, serve solo. For a hearty dinner or lunch, make a side dish: boiled rice or potatoes.
Skewers on skewers
An excellent appetizer is barbecue salmon in the oven, which can be done in just a few minutes. The secret to making juicy cubes is their proper stringing – you need to pierce the fillet with a skewer so that it does not fall apart during baking. Correctly do this along the ridge. Then the dish will turn out not only delicious, but also very beautiful.
- salmon fillet – half a kilo;
- lemon -? PC.;
- vegetable oil – 25 ml;
- sugar – 1.5 tsp;
- salt – 1 tsp.
- If the skewers are thin, cut the fillet into cubes with a side of 2 cm, if thick – 4 cm.
- Marinate the fish cubes in a mixture of lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, leave for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, put a greased grate on a baking sheet. Carefully lay the skewers on it..
- Every 5-7 minutes they will need to be turned over so that the fillet bakes evenly. If you have a grill function, it is better to use it..
- The total cooking time should not exceed 15 minutes.
Up the sleeve
Tender, soft and crumbly salmon is obtained in the sleeve in the oven. Baked meat literally melts in your mouth, leaving a slight aftertaste of pungency and lemon freshness. You need to use a baking bag if thawed fish is supposed in the recipe. It will allow it to become more saturated by creating steam and pressure inside. The dish is good to eat hot, but you can try to use it as a cold appetizer.
- salmon fillet – half a kilo;
- olive oil – 30 ml;
- lemon – 1 pc.
- Rinse, dry, grease, salt, pepper, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Pack inside the sleeve, bake at 220 degrees for a third of an hour.
- Serve with asparagus or cauliflower.
How to deliciously bake salmon in the oven – cooking secrets
So that baking salmon in the oven does not prepare you for unpleasant surprises, try to follow these tips:
- Baked fish goes well with creamy sauce – you can just pour the cream and cook this way or make a sauce of sour cream and butter.
- Flour, herbs, minced garlic, onions, cheese, mushrooms will help make the sauce thicker and more piquant..
- Salmon goes well with fried onions: if you don’t have anything else, you’ll still get a delicious dish.
- You can decorate the finished baked salmon with red caviar, pomegranate seeds, boiled carrots, quail eggs and herbs.
- Ideal seasonings for fish will be nutmeg, white pepper, coriander, ginger.
- So that the fish bakes and does not become dry, it is wrapped in foil so that there is a bit of free space.
- The simplest side dish that can be cooked at the same time as fish is potatoes.
- Calculate the cooking time like this: 10 minutes for every 2.5 cm of the thickness of a piece of fillet.
- When the meat is easy to move away from bones and skin, the steak is ready.
- You need to defrost fish slowly in the refrigerator.
- If the fish is baked whole, put lemon, onion rings, carrots or other vegetables inside its abdomen.