The content of the article
- How to cook stewed cabbage
- Product Preparation
- Cooking Recipes:
- Braised Cabbage with Meat
- Multicooked Braised Cabbage
- Stewed cabbage with potatoes
- Chicken Stew
- Braised Cabbage with Sausages
- Stewed cabbage with minced meat
- Braised Cabbage with Mushrooms
- Stewed sauerkraut
- Braised Cabbage with Sausage
- Braised Cabbage with Zucchini
- Than useful
Many women like to collect recipes, so that later they will amaze their loved ones with original dishes. Every good housewife should know how to stew cabbage, because this gives it a new taste and helps diversify the daily menu. If you want to learn how to cook it like this, study the recipes below and choose the best.
How to cook stewed cabbage
To choose the right forks, guided by such tips:
- In most cases, stewed cabbage. To select the appropriate forks, hold it tightly in your hands. If it is fully ripe, it will not deform.
- You can replace ordinary cabbage in any of the recipes with Beijing, colored.
- Do not take heads of cabbage with spots, dark specks, cracks. Most likely, these vegetables are affected by a fungus..
- If you buy a half or part fork, carefully inspect the cut. If it is brown, then the fruit has already begun to deteriorate.
How to stew cabbage:
- A quarter-hour stew is enough for a young vegetable. If it is winter varieties, then the process will take about half an hour. The characteristic slightly bitter taste will tell you that it is time to serve the dish.
- Wheat flour will help to make the delicacy even more original. Fry it in a frying pan without oil until creamy and add to the dish almost before turning it off. Literally 15-20 grams of flour per kilogram of the main ingredient.
- If you don’t like the smell during cooking, put a slice of stale bread in a bowl. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon before serving..
- If you want to add a sweet and sour taste to the treat, add a teaspoon of vinegar and sugar to it just before the end of the stew.
- Serve the dish with sour cream. She will emphasize amazing taste..
Fresh and pickled cabbage is suitable for stewing. If you take a whole fork, then first remove the top leaves from it. Remove the stump by cutting the head into 4 parts, and finely chop the vegetable in strips. You can do it manually or use a food processor. Rinse sauerkraut before cooking, wring out with your hands and sort through. If there are large pieces, cut them.
The beauty of this dish is that, in addition to the main component, you can add anything you like to it: meat, poultry, stew, sausages. Mushrooms, eggplant, beans or eggs will not interfere. Even the first person in the kitchen will cope with the cooking process. Check out a few step-by-step instructions and be sure to use them..
Braised Cabbage with Meat
This dish not only tastes great, but is nutritious and satisfying. Serve it better hot. For stewing, you can add any meat: pork, beef, lamb. It is advisable to take the pulp, which will not be too oily. You can cook it for ordinary days as well as for holidays in order to diversify the table.
- carrots – 1 small;
- cabbage – 750 g;
- onion – 1 small head;
- meat – 350 g;
- butter (melted) – 25-30 g;
- low-fat sour cream – 30 ml;
- tomato – 1 pc.;
- black pepper, table salt – to your taste.
- tomato paste – 40-50 g.
- To make this recipe, first heat the oil in a skillet. Meanwhile, cut the meat into small slices, season with pepper and salt. Fry until browned.
- Grate carrots, chop onions. Fry them in a separate frying pan, later add chopped tomato. Stir, simmer for about five minutes.
- Chop the cabbage, put to the other vegetables, add meat, tomato paste with sour cream, a little water there. Quench over low heat for a quarter of an hour..
Multicooked Braised Cabbage
Cooking in this kitchen appliance is a pleasure! The dish tastes very pleasant and tender. If you use a multicooker for cooking, choose a low temperature mode. “Steaming” or “Stewing” is quite suitable.
- cabbage – 500 g;
- ketchup (non-sharp) – 30 ml;
- carrot – 1 pc.;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- cloves – 1 bud;
- Lavrushka – 1 leaf;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil – a quarter cup;
- black pepper – 3 peas.
- Wash the vegetables. Chop forks, grate carrots, chop onions.
- Fill the multicooker bowl with sunflower oil, put the program “Frying”. After a minute, drop the carrots there, cook with the lid closed for three minutes, then add the onions. Toast as much.
- Put cabbage and bay leaf in the bowl, cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the multicooker. Add salt, ketchup, cloves and pepper to the bowl, mix.
- Put the “Stew” program and cook for about half an hour.
Stewed cabbage with potatoes
This dish is perfect as a side dish for any meat: pork, lamb, beef. It is advisable to serve it warm. Such a delicacy will also appeal to those people who, following any beliefs, do not eat meat. The proposed recipe with potatoes is very simple, and the products are inexpensive.
- potatoes – 10 small pieces;
- water – 300 ml;
- bay leaf – 1 pc.;
- cabbage – 0.75 kg;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- onion – 1 medium head;
- tomato paste – 120 grams;
- salt, allspice, vegetable oil.
- Wash the heads and chop, place in a deep saucepan, fill with water. Turn on a small fire, begin to simmer under the lid. When the boiling process begins, add a little vegetable oil, pepper, mix.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into strips or a small cube. Fry in a skillet with onion in oil. Before turning off the potatoes, put tomato paste on it and after two to three minutes move these products to the saucepan. Shuffle all components.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Salt, add lavrushka and crushed garlic before turning off.
Kids love this food very much. If you cook for them, then add the chicken fillet to make the food light and healthy. By adding other parts of the carcass, you will make the dish more bold. Before stewing it with chicken, you can bring the meat to half-preparedness. Then it will become even more tender, softer and juicier. You can replace chicken in the recipe with meat of another bird: ducks, turkeys.
- cabbage – one and a half kilogram forks;
- chicken breast – 600 g;
- Bulgarian red pepper – 1 large;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- seasoning, salt, olive oil.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, fry in oil.
- Chill and add cabbage to the meat. Simmer for 15 minutes in a sealed container, pouring warm water as needed.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes, pepper – into thin strips, put in a dish with salt and seasonings. Stew until all the vegetables are soft.
Braised Cabbage with Sausages
If a couple of sausages are left in your refrigerator, you can put them out with cabbage, and this is enough to feed all the family members. For cooking, you can use not only the stove. A recipe with sausages in a slow cooker comes out surprisingly tasty, and making it even easier than in a pan. Sausages or boiled sausage are suitable for the recipe..
- sausages – 230 g;
- cabbage – 750 g;
- onion – 1 large;
- tomato paste – 30-40 grams;
- carrots – 1 small;
- bay leaf – 2 pcs.;
- vegetable oil;
- pepper, salt.
- Fry the onion in a cauldron with butter until soft, after cutting into cubes.
- Add the grated carrots, cook for 5 minutes.
- Put chopped cabbage and half a glass of boiling water in a cauldron. Leave stewing under the lid (small fire).
- Sausages cut into circles, fry. Add them to the dish..
- In a skillet where sausages were prepared, heat tomato paste with pepper and salt by pouring a little water. Pour the sauce over the dish, drop the bay leaves there. Tomite about 10 minutes.
Stewed cabbage with minced meat
This is a hearty and at the same time healthy dish. A tasty dish with minced meat does not contain too many calories, because the meat is not fried. You can serve it with steamed rice, or boiled mashed potatoes. Be sure to make sure your meat is not too greasy, otherwise the food will turn out to be a little heavy for the stomach.
- minced pork or beef – 400 g;
- onion – 1 small head;
- cabbage – 800 g;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l .;
- young garlic – 1 clove;
- carrots – 150 g;
- salt, pepper – a pinch.
- Place a full pot of water on the stove and boil.
- Chop the cabbage, cut the onion into cubes, grate the carrots.
- Pour a little boiling water over the vegetables, put the tomato paste, season, simmer under the lid, making a very small fire.
- Salt the minced meat, pepper and roll small balls out of it, about a centimeter in diameter.
- Add the resulting meatballs to the vegetables when they are softer. Turn on the fire, continue cooking for another quarter hour.
- Put chopped garlic a couple of minutes before turning it off. Before serving, you can decorate the dish with fresh herbs.
Braised Cabbage with Mushrooms
It turns out that this dish is simply delicious and looks amazing even in the photo. For the recipe, you can take any fresh mushrooms. All of them are equally harmoniously combined with the main component. A great appetizer, at a festive feast it diverges almost instantly. You must remember the instructions and learn how to cook this treat.
- fresh mushrooms – 750 g;
- one and a half kilogram head;
- carrot – 5 pieces;
- onion – 6 heads;
- tomato paste – 150 ml;
- pepper, salt, oil.
- Pour a little oil into the pan. Chop the forks and fry.
- In a separate frying pan, pass the grated carrot with half rings of onion.
- Cut the mushrooms for five minutes and fry in a dry saucepan. Transfer all vegetables to a heat-resistant pan. Add mushrooms there along with the juice that they let.
- Stir everything, pour salt and pepper. Dilute the tomato paste with boiled water (approximately two to three glasses), pour into a container with food.
- Put the dish in the oven, warming it to 190 degrees. Stew for 40 minutes with the lid open..
If you made preparations for the winter, then you can make a dish of them. You can serve sauerkraut as a side dish to any meat, fish, poultry. This delicacy turns out to be very light and perfect for those young ladies who are following the figure or are on a diet. Before cooking, be sure to rinse the pickles and squeeze so that the dish does not turn out too acidic.
- carrots – 450 g;
- sauerkraut – 0.8 kg;
- caraway seeds – 1.5 tsp;
- vegetable oil – for frying;
- onion – 2 heads;
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry chopped onion. When it becomes transparent, add the grated carrot. Fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Put cabbage in a frying pan, mix everything, add caraway and salt.
- Pour the vegetables with water to cover them.
- Simmer the dish over low heat until cooked. As a rule, you must turn it off after evaporating the liquid.
Braised Cabbage with Sausage
In addition to using sausages in a dish, you can add boiled sausage and even smoked sausages, preferably Bavarian or hunting sausages. Thanks to this component, the dish turns out to be spicy and satisfying, it looks original in the photo. This dish is likely to add to your favorite list..
- smoked sausage – 250 g;
- white cabbage – 0.5 kg;
- tomato paste – 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- salt – 0.5 tsp;
- onion – 1 small;
- bay leaf – 1 pc.;
- ground black pepper – two pinches;
- lean oil – 15 ml.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan. In it, fry the chopped onion until it becomes golden.
- Finely chop the sausage. Add to the skillet to the onion, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the cabbage. Sprinkle it with salt, remember. Add to other products. Make the fire minimal. Mix everything, pour a little water. Quench a quarter of an hour under the lid.
- Put the tomato paste, pepper, and lavrushka. Stir and simmer for another half hour..
Braised Cabbage with Zucchini
An excellent dish for the summer season is very light, even dietary. Its calorie content is minimal. The delicacy will be to your taste both hot and cooled if served with greens and sour cream. The food is in perfect harmony with mashed potatoes and cereals. It will become a gorgeous snack on the table on the occasion of any celebration.
- carrot – 5 pcs.;
- bay leaf – 2-3 pcs.;
- cabbage – 1 large head of cabbage;
- tomato paste – 300 ml;
- zucchini – 7-8 medium fruits;
- onions – 2 large;
- garlic – 5 cloves;
- vegetable oil – a little less than half a glass;
- ground black pepper, salt;
- dill, parsley – 1 bunch.
- Remove the top leaves from the fork, remove the stump, chop.
- Cut zucchini into slices, and then chop each into strips.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Cut the onion into smaller cubes, crush the garlic.
- Fry onions with carrots in vegetable oil until soft. Then add cabbage and zucchini to the pan. Make the fire medium, cover the container. Quench a quarter of an hour.
- Open the pan, salt and pepper, drop the bay leaf there. Dilute the tomato paste with water, pour into a dish. Stew for 10 minutes under the lid.
- Remove the dish from the stove, add chopped herbs, garlic, let it brew a little, and then serve.
This question excites all adherents of a healthy diet. Let’s see how useful it is:
- Food is low in calories.
- Cooking at low temperatures helps to preserve all the nutrients. It is rich in vitamins B2, E, A, PP, C, fiber, calcium, as well as potassium, sulfur, phosphorus and sodium.
- Eating a meal will help improve bowel function, relieve constipation, and lower blood cholesterol..