The content of the article
- How to make caramel at home
- From sugar
- From honey
- Candy Molds
- How to make do-it-yourself candy molds
It’s hard to imagine, but candy caramel celebrated its 500th anniversary! The author of this wonderful invention is unknown, but one thing is for sure: all Soviet children were very fond of “males”. And now, despite the candy abundance, caramelized sugar is very popular among adults and kids. We will teach you how to make sugar candies at home. We hope you can treat yourself and your loved ones with homemade sweets.
How to make caramel at home
Making caramel is a quick process. However, before you learn how to make a lollipop at home, pay attention to some nuances:
- Dishes – only with thick walls. An cast iron pan or aluminum pan will be ideal. If there is no “right” capacity, then a “wrong” one, for example, a non-stick pan, will do..
- Caramelize sugar on low or medium heat, do not forget about the apron and mittens that will protect against burns.
- So that the process of making candy does not end in failure, continuously stir the mass throughout the entire cooking process.
In order to make cockerels from sugar at home, you need to cook in advance:
- a small, colorless pan (to watch for a caramel color change);
- 350 g of sugar (better than white);
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of water;
- wooden spoon.
- Heat the pan over medium heat for a few seconds..
- Without removing from the stove, pour all the sugar.
- When part of the sugar has melted, mix the resulting mass and leave it on fire until a dark amber color is obtained..
- Turn off the heat, add warm water to the pan and mix. Pour the caramel into molds.
You already know how to make caramel at home. Sweet tooth that follow the figure, it is better to make candy without sugar, using honey. Such sweets will be tasty and less high-calorie. In addition, these sweets are useful for colds – a real cure for a sore throat. Depending on the fruit syrup, sweets of different tastes are obtained..
- 250 g of any honey;
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons of butter;
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of syrup;
- 50 g of filtered water.
- Put honey in a pan, pour water there, mix gently and put on a small fire.
- After the sweet mass becomes liquid, add any berry syrup (cook it yourself or buy in a pharmacy).
- Melt the butter, pour it into sugar mix, stir and reduce heat.
- When the syrup doubles, remove it from the heat, pour into oiled tins and cool. Put the caramel completely in the refrigerator..
Do you know how to make caramel at home? What else can be made from sugar? We suggest you try the caramel recipe with fruits or berries – use any. Especially delicious are sweets from strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pears, apples, grapes. Experiment, create and you will become the guru of the candy industry! It is recommended to store caramel in a closed cool container.
- 50 g of filtered water;
- 50 g of sugar;
- 2 glasses of fresh fruit;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable filtered oil.
- Finely chop the fruit, put it in a pan, add water and lemon juice, which will help the fruits to maintain a beautiful color. Simmer until soft..
- Mix the resulting pulp with a blender. If the puree is thick, then you need to dilute it with a small amount of water.
- Preheat the oven to 70 ° C. Put a plastic wrap on the bottom of the pan, grease it with oil and pour the puree.
- Flatten the spread mass and place the pan in the oven (in the sun) for six hours.
- Remove the resulting sweetness from the pan and replace the polyethylene with baking paper. Put everything back, again put it in the oven (in the sun) for six hours.
- Cut the caramel into small pieces. To prevent our sweets from sticking together, sprinkle them with corn starch.
In Soviet times, ordinary tablespoons where syrup was poured served as a form for lollipops. Particularly fashionable comrades had special metal assemblies on the farm, which in our time are easier to find in a museum than to buy. Marketers and scientists who created silicone molds for lollipops came to the aid of modern housewives. Pour syrup there, cool – and voila! Lollipops are ready, they get it easily, even without preliminary oiling. Instead of a special shape, you can use silicone or plastic ice containers.
How to make do-it-yourself candy molds
To really comply with the trend, molds made on their own can also help in the production of sugar candies at home. Take the usual “floating” candles, from which remove the contents. Since these units are not for food, cover the bottom of the form with parchment paper of the desired diameter. There are other options. Instead of candle holders, ordinary glasses or even the cut-off bottom of a plastic bottle can serve as a form for candy.
In home-made sweets there is no “chemistry”. In addition, the creation of sweets can be an occasion to spend a great weekend with your family. We hope that our article will help you become an expert in the preparation of sugar candies at home. If you still have questions about how to make cockerels – this video will dot all the “ands”. Choose your favorite candy recipe on a stick – and in a sweet way!