The content of the article
- Grilled chicken skewers with curry sauce
- Cheese balls
- Mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese and thyme
- Baked potatoes with parmesan and garlic
- Parfait Chocolate Mousse
Olivier, sandwiches with caviar and stuffed chicken are classic treats for the New Year’s Eve, but they often want to be diluted with something non-standard. To add variety to the New Year’s menu, you can turn to the cuisines of other countries or play with the serving form, seasonings, sauces. So, you can put the bird on barbecue in the oven, and bake potatoes not in mayonnaise, but under cream. Fans of unusual snacks will like simple recipes based on different cheeses..
Grilled chicken skewers with curry sauce
A great hot New Year’s meal that can replace a standard baked bird. Shish kebab takes less time and effort, it turns out not so high-calorie and fits perfectly into the menu of proper nutrition. For a side dish, it is worth boiling a mixture of 4 types of rice. It is better to take lemongrass not dry, but in pasta format (if you find it on sale) – it will take 1 tsp for sauce.
- skinless chicken thighs – 700 g;
- olive oil – 60 ml;
- Mango – 1 pc.;
- yellow onion – 1 pc.;
- dried lemongrass – 1/2 tsp;
- heads of garlic – 2 pcs.;
- curry, chili – 1 tsp;
- salt – 1/2 tsp;
- black pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Peel and dice mango, onion. Grind in a blender with spices, spices, garlic.
- Cut the chicken thighs into large pieces, put in a bag, pour the resulting sauce.
- Shake several times to coat all meat with marinade. Put the bag in the refrigerator.
- After 2–4 hours, place the chicken pieces tightly on the skewers. If they are wooden, let them lie in the water for 10 minutes before that..
- Cook the kebab until it is rosy in the grill or in the oven, spreading the meat on a wire rack and placing a baking sheet under it. Temperature – 190 °.
A very simple and tasty snack, which is worth preparing for the New Year or any other holiday. It goes well with crackers, crackers. The more types of cheese you combine, the more interesting the dish will be. Cheddar, Gouda, Ricotta, Gruyeres are great here. You can choose seasonings for snacks for yourself.
- cream cheese – 250 g;
- mayonnaise – 1/4 tbsp .;
- Parmesan – 1/3 st .;
- Cheddar – 1/2 tbsp .;
- green onion (sliced) – 1/4 tbsp .;
- almonds – 150 g;
- Worcester sauce – 1/2 tsp;
- garlic powder – 1/4 tsp;
- crackers for decoration.
- Beat cream cheese with mayonnaise. Add Worcester sauce, garlic powder and finely chopped green onions, mix.
- Grate hard cheeses, put in bulk.
- Grind almonds in a blender, sprinkle evenly over the film.
- From a cheese mass, form a large bowl or many small ones. Roll in almonds, wrap in a film. Put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or at night.
- When serving, place the balls on the dish, and place crackers between them.
Mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese and thyme
This dish has Italian roots on the New Year’s table, but even those who are far from Mediterranean cuisine like it. The combination of mushrooms with soft cheeses is very satisfying, and thanks to herbs – spicy. If possible, use fresh herbs: it is more fragrant. Fontina cheese is easily replaced by Camembert, Brie. More budget options – Svalia, Mozzarella.
- mushroom caps – 450 g;
- goat cheese – 225 g;
- Parmesan – 1/2 tbsp .;
- Fontina – 1 tbsp .;
- thyme, sage, green onions – 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt pepper.
- Grate finely half the volume of Fontina cheese, whole goat and Parmesan. Add chopped greens, seasonings.
- Rinse the mushroom caps, remove the core. Fill them with cheese..
- Arrange on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the remains of Fontina. Bake 25 minutes at 190 degrees.
Baked potatoes with parmesan and garlic
Uncomplicated in the creation, but very fragrant, with a spicy taste, this dish will appeal to everyone. Potato gratin in cream and cheese can be cooked for the New Year with any spices, herbs, vegetables. If you wish, feel free to bring sun-dried tomatoes, olives, bell peppers here – this will make the dish only better. Parmesan can be replaced with Swiss Sbrinets, if the first is not on sale.
- potatoes – 1.5 kg;
- onion – 3 pcs.;
- cream 25% – 600 ml;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- olive oil – 2 tsp;
- Parmesan – 115 g;
- Gruyere – 225 g;
- fresh rosemary, thyme – 1 tbsp. l .;
- ground salt, pepper – to taste.
- Warm the oil, fry the chopped onion on it. Add salt and pepper, simmer for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Lubricate the large form with butter, put the sliced potatoes vertically.
- Grate cheeses (leave 1/3 tbsp each), mix with cream, chopped herbs, garlic, onions.
- Pour potatoes with this sauce, cover with foil.
- Bake gratin for an hour, and then brown in the open form for another 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and hold in the oven until melted.
Parfait Chocolate Mousse
It is difficult to imagine a New Year’s festive table without dessert. If you are tired of classic cookies or a family cake, try the French mousse recipe, which can be made a day before the celebration. Dessert is perfectly stored in the refrigerator, if covered. Before serving, garnish the mousse with whipped cream from a balloon (not included in the recipe) and crushed spiced cookies.
- eggs – 2 pcs.;
- icing sugar – 50 g;
- chocolate – 85 g;
- butter – 1 tbsp. l .;
- instant espresso – 2 tsp;
- salt – 1/4 tsp;
- cream 33% – 100 g;
- spiced cookies – 4 pieces.
- In a water bath, beat the icing sugar with the eggs so that the mass volume is doubled. It takes 6-8 minutes.
- Finely grate the chocolate, mix with cocoa, butter, espresso and salt.
- Introduce the sugar-egg mass into the removed from the heat. Stir until a smooth consistency is obtained..
- Beat the cream with a pinch of salt until peaks. Separate 1/3 and combine with chocolate mousse.
- When the composition becomes lighter, add the remaining cream.
- Spread the dessert into 2 tall glasses. Lay out half, sprinkle with crushed cookies and cover with the remaining mousse.
- Put in the refrigerator for an hour to a day.