The content of the article
- Celery Root – Benefit
- Celery Root – Properties
- The healing properties of celery root
- Celery Root – How to Eat
- Celery Root Dishes
- Harmful celery root
A very useful, unique plant product – root celery. It is becoming increasingly popular due to a number of properties that positively affect the human body. Below is information on the composition of root celery, its basic qualities and the proper use of a vitamin product in food.
Celery Root – Benefit
To date, such varieties of celery are grown: petiole, leaf, root. The latter has a rounded shape, it is juicy, fleshy. The fragrant product is used in cooking, cosmetology, medicine. Often it is used for weight loss, because the calorie content of this plant is only 32 calories per 100 grams. The composition of celery root is diverse:
- essential oil;
- alimentary fiber;
- ascorbic, oxalic acid;
- magnesium salts;
- vitamin H;
- fatty acid;
- vitamin PP;
- Vitamins A, C, E, B (1,2,5,6,9).
Celery root has a large number of properties that favorably affect the human body:
- Strengthening the nervous system, improving overall well-being.
- General tonic effect.
- Improvement, restoration of a metabolism in an organism.
- The root is an effective prophylactic for colds, works against viral diseases. Strengthens the immune system well.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- A good diuretic for cleansing the kidneys.
- It has a positive effect on male potency.
- Another benefit of celery root is to prevent the formation of cancerous tumors. Doctors strongly recommend regular use of this product for cancer prevention..
- Improves visual function, memory, stimulates attention.
- Root celery strengthens the immune system, it can be effectively used to combat stress, irritability.
Celery Root – Properties
Due to the high content of vitamins, minerals and other components, the plant has an extremely positive effect on the body. The main beneficial properties of celery root:
- The presence of vitamin A is responsible for increasing and restoring the elasticity of the epidermis. Vitamin C strengthens blood vessels.
- Soluble fiber, as part of the root, normalizes the digestive process, promotes the absorption of essential enzymes. Great for exhausting your body after an illness..
- Iron, which contains the root of the seller, is responsible for the formation of blood cells, increased hemoglobin. With anemia (with anemia), poor blood coagulation, dishes with celery are simply necessary.
- A unique plant product is low in calories, so it is often used for weight loss. Minerals, vitamins, antioxidants give the body more energy, and also help from toxins, from toxins (plus the effect of a laxative).
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is a moisturizing component. For this reason, the use of root celery stimulates the process of cell regeneration, moisturizes the skin, makes it smooth, soft and silky. Thanks to organic substances, you can always look gorgeous, have radiant skin.
- Also in the composition of a useful plant there is vitamin B6. He takes part in the formation of neurotransmitters, which are responsible for the connection of nerve fibers with the brain and for normal metabolism.
The healing properties of celery root
For medical purposes, the plant components of many plants are often used. A lot of drugs are also made from root celery. Before using such drugs, you must always consult a doctor, given the risk of individual intolerance to the components. The healing properties of root celery are as follows:
- strengthening immunity;
- getting rid of cellulite and obesity;
- restoration of normal digestibility of proteins;
- the root crop is indispensable for joints (restores their normal mobility);
- the fight against hypertension, atherosclerosis, pathologies of the cardiovascular system;
- treatment of infectious ailments;
- metabolic recovery;
- stress treatment, a beneficial effect on the nervous system;
- prevention of putrefactive processes in the gastrointestinal tract;
- effective fight against diseases of the digestive, genitourinary system and kidneys;
- elimination of hypovitaminosis in a child and adult.
Contraindications for use:
- severe allergies;
- regular increase in blood pressure (hypertensive crisis may occur);
- exacerbation of diseases in weak people, men and women of advanced age;
- aggravation of cholecystitis and pancreatitis, gallstone and peptic ulcer diseases, gastrointestinal tract and kidney pathologies;
- the presence of thrombophlebitis, varicose veins.
Celery Root – How to Eat
As a rule, a fragrant, vitamin plant is used as food (various dishes are prepared). How to use celery root so that the product only benefits the body? Here are a few options:
- To make a fish, meat or vegetable dish more fragrant and tasty, it is worth adding a little root. Great for baking or stewing..
- From boiled root celery and vegetables prepare the most useful and delicious mashed soups.
- Especially tasty, fragrant preservation with this plant turn out.
- You can also cook salads with the addition of fruits or vegetables (apple, carrots, cabbage). It is better to fill with sunflower or olive oil.
- Juice made from the root is rich in nutrients. It is recommended to be consumed daily. Vitamin drink can be mixed with orange, carrot, apple, cucumber juice.
Celery Root Dishes
To diversify the daily diet and energize the body, you can cook celery root dishes. Below are some simple recipes for tasty and healthy food:
- Fried root celery. The product is cleaned, cut into large strips. Then fried in vegetable oil. After cooking, the root crop is laid out on a paper towel to remove excess fat. It remains to sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy a delicious dish.
- You can also make a juicy, fresh salad of celery and sour varieties of apples. Enough half the fruit and? parts of the root. Both products are peeled and ground. The appetizer is seasoned with sour cream or honey. A great recipe for a diet for losing weight.
- A salad with carrots turns out to be equally tasty, if cooked correctly. The ingredients are rubbed, mixed, watered with natural yogurt, low-fat sour cream. The appetizer can be varied by adding walnuts, raisins, herbs.
Harmful celery root
If you eat more than 200 grams of celery per day, this product can cause trouble. Too much root often causes upset stomach and other unpleasant consequences. The damage to celery root for the body is recorded in such cases:
- personal intolerance to the plant;
- menstruation (increases bleeding);
- gastric ulcer, gastritis;
- pregnancy, lactation (a child may have an allergic reaction).