The content of the article
- What is raspberry good for
- Calorie content
- Healing properties
- What is raspberry good for women
- The benefits and harms of diseases
- With pancreatitis
- With diabetes
- With a cold
- With gastritis
- With gout
- In folk medicine
For medicinal purposes, not only raspberries are used. Branches, roots and leaves have useful properties, but before using and preparing decoctions, infusions, you need to study the question “raspberries – the benefits and harms to health.” The components contained in the plant tone and strengthen the body, improve digestion. Learn recipes for medicinal tea, elixir, raspberry tea and ointment.
What is raspberry good for
You should know what raspberries are – the benefits and harm to health in its application can be combined in the most bizarre way. The whole plant contains essential oils and substances that have a therapeutic effect on the human body. Decoctions and infusions can act as a sedative drug that can cure depressive disorders, keep the body in good shape. They contribute to weight loss – excess fluids and salts are eliminated, metabolic processes are stimulated. The plant has a wide range of uses:
- treatment of colds, relieves cough and fever;
- excellent prophylaxis of fungi and viruses;
- relieves dizziness;
- treatment of atherosclerosis;
- decoctions are used to rinse with inflammatory diseases;
- treatment of anemia (anemia), bronchitis, radiculitis, diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- useful for pregnant.
The healing properties and benefits of raspberries are due to its composition: it contains vitamins and minerals.The plant berries contain beta carotene – a vitamin called the elixir of youth, and nicotinic acid, which strengthens the immune system, regulates metabolism and neutralizes viruses. Berries contain pectins and other beneficial substances:
- macro and microelements (the berry is rich in copper, potassium, iron);
- dietary fiber (fiber);
- organic, saturated and unsaturated fatty acids;
- folic acid;
- mono and disaccharides;
Raspberries refers to berries containing a minimal amount of calories. There are 46 kcal per 100 g, including carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Nutritionists attribute the fruits of the plant to low-calorie foods that are approved for use during weight loss. If you eat a glass of berries (250 ml) daily, you will receive 82.8 kcal of nutrients every day.
All parts of the plant have immunostimulating, anti-aging, cold-fighting, analgesic properties. Raspberry is useful for every person (if there are no contraindications to its intake), regardless of gender and age. The plant uses for men the potassium content: consuming berries, a person notes an improvement in heart function and urination. The berry has a preventive effect on the prostate, potency. Other healing properties of the plant:
- For children, raspberries are a dessert that improves appetite, helps to cope with a sore throat, increase resistance to viruses, bring down fever.
- During pregnancy, you can eat this berry, because it eliminates toxicosis, problems with constipation and urination, but in the early stages it can cause harm and cause miscarriage (due to increased uterine contraction).
- During lactation, the berry increases the amount of milk, increases the baby’s immunity.
What is raspberry good for women
Eating fresh berries, a woman feels the effect of rejuvenation: wrinkles are smoothed out, substances have a beneficial effect on skin health, and the number of light age spots is reduced. Tea made from raspberry leaves stabilizes the menstrual cycle, normalizes hormonal levels and serves as an anesthetic for painful periods. In cosmetology, scrubs, masks are made from stones. By including raspberries in a diet for weight loss, you can speed up the metabolism, remove excess fluid from the body.
The benefits and harms of diseases
What is the main purpose of eating raspberries – what benefits and harm to health does it bring? Raspberry bush is not just sweet berries, but also a medicine that helps alleviate the condition in a number of diseases, eliminate symptoms and direct all the body’s defenses to fight the disease. Like any effective remedy, raspberries can not only benefit, but also harm. In what cases it is harmful:
- urolithiasis disease;
- kidney disease
- individual intolerance to the product;
- children under 2 years old.
It is not recommended to use the product in the acute phase of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) due to the acids contained in the raspberry bones, which are harmful and irritate the gastric mucosa. Filtered raspberry compotes and diluted raspberry juices can be introduced into the patient’s diet from 10-15 days. In chronic pancreatitis, a person is allowed to consume fresh berries and jam in moderation.
A person who has diabetes is allowed to eat black raspberries every day, but in limited doses. The exact norm, safe for the patient, is determined by the attending physician. Berries have a low glycemic index – this means that the product does not cause a sharp increase in blood sugar. The healing plant does not harm, has a beneficial effect on the patient with diabetes, as it reduces body weight, stabilizes pressure and removes fluid.
With a cold
Raspberry jam – an ancient medicine, has diaphoretic properties and helps to cope with unpleasant symptoms of colds. Natural medicine has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. With a cold, raspberry lowers body temperature (due to salicylic acid), causes profuse sweating. The berry owes antimicrobial action to tannins (anthocyanins).
The fruits of garden raspberries with inflammation of the gastric mucosa (gastritis) harm the body, but you can prepare a decoction from the leaves of a medicinal plant. To do this, you need to brew the leaves in boiling water, insist and drink half a glass 6 times daily. If a person has a decreased acidity of the stomach, then raspberry juice, squeezed from the fruit through cheesecloth, and diluted with clean boiled water, will be useful..
In case of joint disease caused by impaired metabolism in the human body, it is necessary to strictly follow the diet established by the doctor. The use of raspberries with gout is undesirable, since an exacerbation of the disease is not excluded due to the high content of purines in the composition of the plant’s fruits. Gout is characterized by increased production of uric acid. Purines are substances that, when destroyed, release uric acid, which harms the body.
In folk medicine
Raspberries are used in dried, fresh and frozen form. Useful for the body flowers, leaves, fruits, roots, fresh shoots. For medical purposes, you can use all parts of the plant. The best options for harvesting plants for the winter are fruit drying or freezing. For drying, ripe berries, separated from the receptacle, are suitable. From dried, frozen raw materials, medicinal decoctions, infusions are prepared.
Raspberry leaves are brewed in order to eliminate skin problems, get rid of hemorrhoids. The prepared product benefits in the treatment of stomatitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis. The infusion of leaves is done according to the recipe: grind the dried raw materials (10 g), pour it with 2 glasses of water. Insist 20 minutes, strain, squeeze. It should be taken orally 100 ml three times a day, and for external use, you can rinse your mouth. From the leaves you can prepare a healing ointment for rashes, a decoction for treating the kidneys:
- Ointment. Grind the dried leaves. Squeeze the juice, combine with petroleum jelly, mix thoroughly. Lubricate problem areas of skin, store in a cool place..
- Decoction for oral administration. Grind the leaves of medicinal plants (St. John’s wort, lingonberries, birch, sage, centaury, raspberries). Brew 2-3 tablespoons of leaves in 1 liter of water. Filter, take three times a day, 50 ml.
The most useful for the body is the use of fresh berries, but what to do in winter when there is no way to get miraculous fruits? Coping with colds, flu or tonsillitis will help infusion made from dry berries of wild forest raspberries. Preparation: 100 g of raw material pour 750 ml of boiling water, insist for half an hour, strain. Received diaphoretic to take 250 ml at night. For benefit, you can make an additional cold collection, drink raspberry juice:
- Gathering against colds from dried linden flowers, dried raspberries. Combine 1 tbsp. l ingredients, brew 3 cups boiling water. Simmer for about five minutes over low heat. When the broth cools, strain with gauze. The drug should be taken in half a glass 3 to 4 times a day. Before use, the broth needs to be slightly warmed up.
- Raspberry juice. Collect berries, rinse, peel of the receptacle. Squeeze the juice from the fruit through cheesecloth. It is recommended that you drink 50-100 ml 3 times a day before meals, diluting with boiled water. Helps with colitis, gastritis, colds.
They take raspberry root for cough, colds, asthma. To cope with seizures, a decoction of shredded yellow roots will help. For its preparation you need to take 2 tbsp. l roots, pour 250 ml of boiling water. Put on fire, cover with a lid, cook for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, filter. Asthmatics drink a decoction after eating 50-70 g. The infusion of rhizomes benefits the treatment of purulent otitis media (infectious inflammation in the middle ear), and the use of an elixir to increase immunity gives positive results:
- Infusion for the treatment of otitis media. Dry, grind the required number of roots, brew in boiled water. Give a day to insist. Consume 100 ml orally 2 times daily for 13 days.
- Elixir to strengthen the body. Crush 500 g of roots, 1 kg of the tops of pine or fir twigs, add 1.5 kg of honey. Pour 200 g of boiling water, leave to infuse for 24 hours. In a steam bath, languish for 8 hours, then again insist 2 days. Use elixir for adults in 1 tbsp. l., for children – 1 tsp. Use the product 10 days 4 times a day 30 minutes before a meal.
The benefit comes from tea made from raspberry branches. A healthy drink is used for flu, colds, to increase immunity, as a diaphoretic, analgesic. Cough branches help. For brewing tea, it is necessary to prepare the raw materials: cut branches (6-7 pcs.) Need to be washed, dried, chopped. Put on the bottom of the pan, pour half a liter of water. Boil for 20 minutes. Before drinking tea, you must let it brew for 6 hours. There are other recipes for flu, colds:
- Decoction. It is necessary to grind dry or fresh plant stems. Pour 1 tbsp. l raw materials in a container, pour 20 ml of boiling water. Boil for 15 minutes. To treat colds, drink 125 ml three times a day.
- Infusion. To make a drink you need to take 1 tbsp. l branches, dry leaves, pour half a liter of hot water. Put on fire until boiling. Insist 3-4 hours. You can drink the infusion warm.