The content of the article
- What is ceramic dishes
- What are they made of
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Types of ceramic dishes
- Ceramic dishes made in Russia
- Polish pottery
- For kitchen
- Dining room
- How to choose ceramic dishes
For the manufacture of plates, bowls, salad bowls, cups, mugs, etc. today they use different materials that differ from each other in cost and quality characteristics. A popular option is ceramic dishes of foreign and Russian production, the main for which is clay raw materials. Ceramic dishes have been serving people for over a thousand years. Despite a number of modern materials, ceramics are still popular, and dishes prepared in earthenware have a refined and unique taste..
What is ceramic dishes
Such dishes mean products made of ceramics, which consists of a mixture of clay with mineral additives. It is not true to divide the utensils into clay and ceramic based on the fact that the first is not covered with glaze, and the second is covered. All kitchen utensils for the production of which clay was used are called ceramic, i.e. this includes both earthenware and china.
What are they made of
Crockery made of ceramic made in Russia or abroad is made by sintering clay or clay mixtures. Despite a wide range of products, a mixture of clay with kaolin and with the addition of feldspar, quartz is used for the production of ceramics. To give the desired type of the resulting mixture, plaster forms are used. Further, air is removed from the workpieces, as this is necessary to improve the plastic properties and overall quality of ceramic products.
The main stage of production involves sintering at a significant temperature regime with subsequent processing, i.e. firing, decorating the surface. Depending on the type of final product, heat treatment is carried out at a high temperature – in the range of 900 to 1250 ° C. As a result, the compliant clay mixture becomes solid, keeping its shape, refractory and acquires chemical resistance. To avoid cracks that appear due to humidity and a sharp temperature drop, the surface is coated with frosting.
Advantages and disadvantages
Having learned about what ceramic dishes are made of, and familiarized with the manufacturing technology of such products, pay attention to the pros and cons. Such heat-resistant kitchen utensils have the following advantages:
- ability to adjust humidity, temperature of the prepared dish, as porous structure of ceramics contributes to the absorption of moisture with its subsequent return;
- over time, the product does not form scale;
- suitable for storing food for a long time;
- impeccable taste of dishes, as food cooked in ceramic utensils has a special aroma, rich taste – as if it were languishing in the oven.
- is environmentally safe – this is due to the absence of toxic metals in the composition of heavy metals and the release of toxic substances under the influence of high temperatures.
You can order suitable ceramics in specialized online stores with mail delivery. Before you buy ceramic dishes in Moscow, St. Petersburg or another city, familiarize yourself with its shortcomings. Like utensils from any other material, it is not without them. If you take into account the cons, it is possible to extend the operational period of the purchase. Negative qualities include:
- the destructive effect of moisture, which is a consequence of the porosity of the material;
- increased fragility;
- absorption of fat and its difficult laundering;
- absorption, long-term preservation of the smell of cooked food – it is better to have separate ceramic utensils for each dish.
Types of ceramic dishes
Jugs and clay pots for baking, pots, mugs, tea cups and other ceramic products are divided into two main groups: for cooking and serving. Ceramic utensils are widely used not only at home, but also in many catering establishments, for example, when it is required to bring some ethnic flavor to the interior. In addition, such products are divided into glazed and unglazed. New technologies allow the manufacture of ceramics of various types, depending on which the dishes can be divided into the following types:
- Terracotta dishes. For its manufacture, red clay is used, it is rarely coated with a layer of glaze, after firing it acquires a very different texture: coarse-grained or fine, with continuous or partial polishing. Color varies from black, brown and red to light beige. Once terracotta is characterized by too low moisture resistance, but new technologies have corrected this drawback.
- Earthenware products. Tea sets, coffee sets and other products of this category are made of white clay, but with less thermal resistance and strength, more porosity and wall thickness. All this leads to a more noticeable absorption of odors and moisture compared to the porcelain counterpart. A light impact on the earthenware surface causes a low, dull and rapidly disappearing sound – this is due to the relatively low firing temperature in the range of 900-1050 ° С.
- Porcelain. Porcelain products are made on the basis of white clay. It has lightness, sophisticated aesthetics, high strength and good heat and acid resistance. When you lightly strike a ceramic porcelain coating, you can hear a long, clear, high sound. Porcelain containers retain heat and cool, acting as a kind of thermos. Compared with faience analogues, they have greater mechanical stability..
Ceramic dishes made in Russia
If you visit a ceramic tableware shop, you can find many domestic-made products: ceramic pans, teapots, cups, etc. As for manufacturing, this is done not by pottery workshops, but by entire factories with great productive ability. A good purchase will be a Verona glass made of handmade ceramics. The product will keep cooled drinks cold for a long time, and tea hot:
- model name: Verona 1764924;
- price: 25 p. / pcs.;
- characteristics: dimensions – 8×8.5×8.5 cm, weight – 240 g, multi-colored, volume – 250 ml, in the box – 12 pieces;
- pluses: it is cheap, interesting drawing;
- cons: no.
Check out another Russian-made product. This is a tea saucer from Dulevo porcelain:
- model name: Tulip 1489796;
- price: 26 p. / pcs.;
- characteristics: dimensions – 15x15x2 cm, weight – 90 g, in the package – 40 pcs., material – porcelain;
- pluses: reasonable cost;
- cons: lack of drawings.
The Dream set, consisting of two items, fully meets Russian quality standards. Products have an interesting blue-blue tint:
- model name: Dream 894465;
- price: 104 p.;
- Characteristics: consists of a 0.2 L mug and a 0.6 L salad bowl, total weight – 510 g, colors – blue, blue;
- pluses: effective shade;
- cons: no.
Ceramic dishes are highly valued, because it is heat-resistant, easy to care for, and its heating is carried out evenly. It can even be used in the oven, just heat it gradually to avoid possible problems. Ceramic products of Polish manufacturers have gained some popularity in the country, which can sometimes be bought at a good discount – during sales, promotions. Alternatively, you can order a fruit platter from Boleslawiec (Poland):
- model name: Boleslawiec B43;
- price: 4400 r.;
- characteristics: height – 7 cm, length – 34.5 cm, width – 22.5 cm, ornament – peacock feather;
- pluses: quality, aesthetic appearance;
- cons: expensive.
Boleslawiec is a manufacturer of Polish dishes unique in design and quality, which is quite popular not only in Poland, but also in Russia. Another great creation that can even be used as a present:
- model name: flat dish Boleslawiec T-136;
- price: 1900 r.;
- characteristics: height – 4 cm, diameter – 29 cm, ornament – boat;
- pluses: beauty, practicality, good size;
- cons: a little expensive.
If you are interested in a beautiful Polish-made teapot, then take a look at the following products. The teapot has a convenient lock cover. The heat in it due to ceramics lasts a long time, so the tea turns out to be tasty and aromatic:
- model name: Boleslawiec 264 kettle;
- price: 2300 r.;
- characteristics: volume – 0.9 l, height – 14 cm, ornament – trees;
- pluses: optimal volume, aesthetics, originality;
- cons: high cost.
A good purchase would be a set of cookware with a non-stick ceramic coating (internal) ECO-CERA. The set consists of 3 items, the pan cover is made of heat-resistant glass. Handles are mounted on rivets:
- model name: VS-2216 Vitesse;
- price: 3623 r.;
- characteristics: pan – 2.8 l, 20 cm, pans diameter – 24 and 20 cm, aluminum case, wall thickness – 2.5 mm, weight – 2.117 kg, colors – red, blue;
- pluses: good quality, aesthetic appearance;
- cons: a little expensive.
The 6813BS from Barton Steel is another ceramic-coated utensil that is perfect for the kitchen. Suitable for all types of stoves, including induction. The covers are made of glass, have a steam vent and metal handles:
- model name: 6813BS Barton Steel;
- price: 5290 r.;
- characteristics: 3 pans – 2.5 / 4.5 / 7 l, 20/24/28 cm, a frying pan – 3 l, 28 cm, there is a silicone spatula, 2 tacks, 2 supports for hot;
- pluses: a rich set at an affordable cost, excellent quality;
- cons: no.
A set of dishes for the kitchen “Dalmatians” includes 3 items. It is inexpensive, production – Dobrush Porcelain Factory (Belarus):
- model name: Dalmatians 1035476;
- price: 158 p.;
- characteristics: mug – 200 ml, salad bowl – 360 ml, plate diameter – 17 cm, material – porcelain, total weight – 700 g;
- pluses: the presence of a drawing, low cost;
- cons: no.
Ceramic kitchen utensils painted in different colors will delight every guest in your home. With its help, the kitchen can be given some originality and showiness. The main thing is to make sure that the product is really high quality, durable and made of environmentally friendly material. An interesting purchase will be a yellow-blue teapot from Cesiro:
- model name: Cesiro 2477_06_120_428;
- price: 560 p.;
- characteristics: colors – yellow, blue, capacity – 600 ml, height – 130 mm, manufacturing country – Romania;
- pluses: original look, good workmanship;
- cons: coloring may seem unusual.
Pay attention to the pot of bright orange color from Bekker. The meat cooked in ceramic vessels acquires a special softness, while the vegetables remain juicy. Outside, the product is ribbed, suitable for a dishwasher, oven and microwave:
- model name: Bekker BK-7097;
- price: 1090 r.;
- characteristics: color – orange, volume – 2.1 l, dimensions – 30.5×20.5×115 cm, shape – oval, material – heat resistant ceramics;
- pluses: optimal volume, thick walls;
- cons: not quite comfortable shape.
If you are looking for a plate, then look at the wildcard option, painted in blue and blue. In this case, there is no picture:
- model name: Cesiro 1469361;
- price: 163 p.;
- characteristics: colors – blue, blue, volume – 230 ml, diameter – 23 cm, shape – round, weight – 470 g, country of origin – Romania;
- Pros: affordable cost, an interesting combination of colors;
- cons: no.
Pay attention to the dinner service BK-7033 from Bekker, all items of which are made of quality porcelain. The dishes comply with all available international standards in the field of ecology and safety. The set includes a large salad bowl, gravy boat, plates of a classic shape and some other items. The kit is relatively inexpensive, but of high quality – ideal for daily use:
- model name: Bekker BK-7024;
- price: 2550 p.;
- characteristics: main color – white, 6 dining, 6 soup and 6 dessert plates, gravy boat, oval dish, salad bowl, saucer saucer, material – porcelain;
- pluses: rich set, reasonable cost,
- cons: no.
Dining set made of high quality porcelain BK-7038 from BK-7038 – these are products decorated with beautiful floral patterns. The surface of each item is covered with sparkling glaze, which does not contain lead. Such a service will especially appeal to lovers of the classics and those who prefer sophistication and sophistication:
- model name: Bekker BK-7038;
- price: 3750 p.;
- characteristics: the diameter of the soup plates (6 pcs.) – 19 cm, the size of the dinner plates (6 pcs.) – 25.5×21 cm, dessert (6 pcs.) – 20.5×16.5 cm, saucers (6 pcs.) – 15 , 5×12 cm, cup volume (6 pcs.) – 250 ml, material – porcelain;
- pluses: practicality, a large number of items;
- cons: costs more than analogues.
Another good set of ceramic tableware is the Tulips service. All items are covered with glaze and decorated with a beautiful floral pattern:
- Model Name: Dolana Tulips;
- price: 3232 r.;
- characteristics: the size of soup plates (4 pcs.) – 22x22x4 cm, the size of dining (4 pcs.) – 23x23x2.5 cm, dessert (4 pcs.) – 19x19x1.5 cm, saucers (4 pcs.) – 15x15x1.5 cm. , the volume of mugs (4 pcs.) – 180 ml, diameter – 7.8 cm, height – 7 cm, material – ceramics;
- pluses: aesthetics, rich set;
- cons: no.
How to choose ceramic dishes
Having decided to purchase a set of dishes made of ceramics, take his choice very seriously. In this case, the choice is better to make in favor of the whole set, because all utensils included in it are designed in the same style. Buying dishes separately, as a result, in the kitchen you will form a kind of mess in an aesthetic plan. Pay attention to the design, the presence of the picture, color. Be sure to check the surface of each product so that it does not have chips or other defects..
Decide on the type of ceramics. The most durable option is ceramic ware made of earthenware, as this material has great mechanical stability, acid and heat resistance. Earthenware is less durable, but cheaper – in general, dishes from it are not afraid of temperature changes. There is still terracotta that cannot be put on open fire, and after washing it should be thoroughly wiped.